What's new

Micro 12/12 from seed CFL grow!!!

They are as close as I can get them atm. They are growing about 1" a day. If I put them any closer they will have leaves touching the lights in 1 day getting burnt. They are about 2-3" away from lights. Thanks for stopping by man!! I appresiate your advice.

Pce

Noddy

Fantastic when you get a mix of phenos in such a small grow, thats some good luck you've got, now the proof will be in the pudding of the bud at harvest time. Do you plan on cloning the different girls?

Noddy said:
Fantastic when you get a mix of phenos in such a small grow, thats some good luck you've got, now the proof will be in the pudding of the bud at harvest time. Do you plan on cloning the different girls?

I thought about cloning...but I dont have the room to grow them. These plants have about 2 months left b4 harvest so they are going to completly fill that rubbermaid tub up. Ya I was pretty happy about my luck aswell. Im also very happy I got 4 different types...course I germinated about 50 seeds that I had collected over 2 years and picked 6 randomly and tossed the rest.

Update:
Sup, My ladies are doing good!!! LST is amazing...looks like each pot has about 5-6 lil plants lol. I waterd them with a mixture of 4 drops superthrive, 1 dropper full of 10-15-10 shultz, and 1 TB of fish emulsions in a gallon of water. The girls were droopy...really needing a drink. Pics 1-2 are of the skunky girl, the next 2 are of fruity tooty and the rest are of all of them.

I need some help...My plants seem to be having some light brown/yellowish spots on there leaves...kinda like nute burn but on the inside of leafs..they have it on the edges aswell...I dont see how it could be nute burn though because the last time I waterd I didnt use any nutes and it started after that water. The second to last pic shows it I believe...the bottom right plant on the bottom right leafs...closest to bottom right corner of tub shows it. Can someone identify this please? I dont think its anything serious but if its something I can fix I might as well do so.

Thanks guys and enjoy the pics..I know I sure do!!!!

P.S. If you look at any of the group pics and magnify it(should blow up real big to show good detail) You can see it throughout the plants.

Sarm

Looks good, but how far are those CFL from the plants? Might want to put some DVD cases or books or etc. under the individual pots to lift them a little closer. They look a little far, but pictures are always deceiving.

I would make a light hood that was adjustable and scroog those ladies.

I have pictures of mine in my photo gallery.

frezer boy has a good example. On scroog

FreezerBoy said:
7-8 feet in the wild, 22" in a ScROG.

I use a tighter, stronger mesh than most. No weaving or tying. Anything pokes through, poke it back under. The plane of the mesh forces horizontal growth.

I agree with hh22 that it takes more than a screen. Without horizontal growth to promote side shoots, all you have is a plant with a screen in the middle.

Scale: PVC Frame is 29 inches.

Last edited:
Sarm said:
Looks good, but how far are those CFL from the plants? Might want to put some DVD cases or books or etc. under the individual pots to lift them a little closer. They look a little far, but pictures are always deceiving.

They are within a couple inches. I cant get them closer, im having problems keeping them from touching the lights as it is. As you can see the two plants under the lights already ahve soem top leaves burnt (there lst'd down now) I got some half pint jars under them atm keeping them up where they are. Thanks for the advice bud.

Update, My girls doing good. Im done using Superthrive. Ive got them on a regiment of 1 TB Fish Emulsions, 4 droppers 10-15-10 shultz basic fertilizer, and 1/2 TB mollasses. One is starting to bud Its the last solo plant pic. Enjoy!!

Finally an UPDATE!!!!!

Finally an UPDATE!!!!!

Sry guys for the long ass delay from my last update. Things have been crazy round these parts and just have not had much free time. Anyways, my girls are doing very good. I had to get rid of one of them because it seemed to have balls. Im not sure if it was male or not...I opened a few of the balls but there was only clear liquid...no yellow pollen. They looked identical to lily buds before they open and show the flower. They were oval. Either way It looked alot different then my other 3 girls so I just tossed it. Its funny because all 3 flowerd at different times. The first and furthest along (Skunky Girl) has been flowering for exactly 4 weeks, the second furthest along (Fruity Tooty) has been flowering for almost 2 weeks and the third (mystery girl) is just showing her first pistils. Its actually a good thing because as you can see the third which is furthest from the light is alot scragglier then the others. The first will be done in 4-7 weeks(not sure how long it will take cuz its a random sativa so prolly 9-10 weeks). Which at that time I will put the 3rd one directly under the lights and it will finish strong. Im real excited because I am going to finish with alot more bud then most gave me credit for. This is my first time growing but im familiar with bud sizes and what equals a gram. Skunky Girl easily has 5 big colas and 3-5 satelite buds. Fruity Tooty has about the same and Mystery Girl is just starting so I dont know. Each cola will easily produce 3-4 grams of bud. I will easily finish with well over an oz. And its all thanks to LST . Im very suprised at how well this Mexican field sativa has responded to the growing conditions its in. Only 13" growing height and 20 or so inches across. LST by tying down the main stem around the edge of the pot in a circle is an amazing technique. Its real cool how you basicly turn 1 plant into 4-5. Im very happy with my girls and I could not have done it wil all of your help. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do!!!!!!

Pce

uktoker

Wow nice plants, im doing a similar thing, LST 12/12 with a trainwreck cross. What day are those pictures? From seed.

uktoker said:
Wow nice plants, im doing a similar thing, LST 12/12 with a trainwreck cross. What day are those pictures? From seed.

Thanks uktoker. They sprouted on 8-16-08 so around 90 days or so total and about 32 days flower. They got off to a rough start...I grew them 12/12 instantly in 16oz cups in miracle shit soil and it just messed them up. It wasnt until mid september when I moved em into there current pots/soil mix which is 60/20/10/10 compost/perlite/vermiculite/cow manure. I use 10-15-10 shultz fertilizer 4 drops and 1/2-1 TB mollasses every water. They got about 45 more days or so of flower before there done since there a pure sativa...some take up to 16 weeks to finish flower...hopefully these dont take that long....trichs will tell though. I hope to have some bud to harvast by christmas.

Well guys I guess I was lying lol. Like I said I broke my camera a couple months ago and im already a horrible photographer so I couldnt take any close ups and 90% the time the pics were blurred. However, today I borrowed my girls camera and WOW what a difference being able to see the pics makes and I took some closeups and my girls are FROSTY!!!! It really suprised me because you cant tell at all looking at it with the naked eye but a closeup with flash shows it good. My first girl (skunky Girl) is doing REAL good..I counted and it has 7 good big colas all bigger then my thumb and the main cola is about twice as big...it covers a deodorant stick up. I have a pic with my hand behind it and I have very big hands. Im real excited because its the first time ive gotten some decent pics...still not that great because I was hurried while taking. Nevertheless they are 10000X better then the other pics ive taken. It still blows me away that all 3 plants flowerd 3 weeks from eachother. I dont have the 3rd in here cuz it was VERY droopy and needed a serious drink so I didnt bother cuz it looked so pathetic...it perks back up overnight its just real sensitive to water...it needs more water then the others and sometimes I forget to water it xtra. Anyone got any theroies why each plant showed its first pistils 2-3 weeks inbetween eachother? Skunky girl and Fruity Tooty (the two biggest) were about 2 or so weeks from eachother and Mystery girl (the smallest) just showed its first hairs this week. I know there prolly different strains because these seeds came from a batch of about 200 I had saved up over a years time from various O's. But They should have started flowering about the same time right? Since they were all switched to 12/12 at the same time? O well...its a mystery. I know mystery girl is smaller cuz its farthest from light. It will be moved under the lights once Skunky girl is done. Im glad its growing so small cuz imma have 3 harvests 2-3 weeks between eachother Anyways Im very excited skunky girl does have frost on her and its not gonna be shit weed cuz ive seen people grow brick weed into some amazing shit. Im amazed at how well skunky girl is doing...to have 8 big colas is awsome...LST is awsome!!! Specially by LST"n the stem in a circle along the outside of the pot its like having 8 differnt little sog plants Anyways ill stop rambling lmao.. FUCK YA I GOT SOME GOOD BUD BABY!!!!

All the pics except the last are of skunky girl. THe last pic is Fruity tooty...she just started flowering a couple weeks ago and isnt very impressive so I didnt take many pics of her. Give me yalls feedback on what you think.

Pce

hardhat22

The one that took longer to show flower may be the best as far as quality.There the
ones I look for in bagseed anyway.Your doing great man.K+
Peace

hardhat22 said:
The one that took longer to show flower may be the best as far as quality.There the
ones I look for in bagseed anyway.Your doing great man.K+
Peace

And the funny thing is I have ANOTHER plant that just showed her first few hairs a few days ago lol. Thats whats got me puzzled. 3 plants that grew in same growing condition, temp/lights/shock/nutes ext and they all flowerd 2-3 weeks from eachother. Anyways thx for the props guys Im really stoked.

Pce

hardhat22

Sexologist420 said:
Thats whats got me puzzled. 3 plants that grew in same growing condition, temp/lights/shock/nutes ext and they all flowerd 2-3 weeks from eachother.
That's the nature of the beast bro.These are all more than likely from different varieties since you picked random seeds.Anyway,even if the seed
that you chose were from the same plant,they could still all look,veg and
flower differently.Each plant is exhibiting a certain percentage of characteristics from each parent.It would be fun to see you get one of those
2 year equitorials under the cfls,Lol.I foolishly chunked my last one.
Peace

leaddraft

I wish to "opine" on what I meant

I wish to "opine" on what I meant

Guy your starting what I've been doing for the past 3 years, Getting good bud from "brick" (hey theres good genes in that stuff!)..
Planting LATE in the growing season, or going inside... Like I've done..
I'll post a cool exsample or 2 from "mexci" genes, from My "expermints" over the past 2 years..

Heres a good example of "Mexci" outside in da graden...Very late...
Grown from Sept though Oct...From seed...

Another "short" grown in lateseason, Augest through Oct...
Mexci brick.... from seed

Just to let ya'll know, the OP isn't the only one that just has "shit" beans/Genes ;) ...

:muahaha:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts