What's new

Michigan?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
What up, Michigan! Here is one of your forefathers!
Photo from High Times-
picture.php

gingerale

Veteran
Southern boy here, now living in the UP. I agree with most that has been said. This is a great state for growing MMJ. The current administration IS actively trying to make life difficult for MMJ users/growers tho and I'd wait for that to settle down a bit before making plans to move here. The state does have its negatives and downsides, which mostly revolve around the fact that everyone is broke and unemployed. I've noticed a higher percentage of cheats, thieves, etc. than back home. On the upside tho there's very few Southern Baptists and (in this town at least) no crackheads at the gas station asking for money. If you're a "good ole boy" you'll blend right in and do fine. If you're moving here trying to find a job then you're in the wrong place, but if you want to grow for a living this is a good place to be. Costs are damn cheap and prices are high. Quality bud goes for $100/qtr $300/oz all day long here. The water and air is clean, the food is great, the summers are beautiful, and overall it's just a great place to live.

BigDawg

everyone is broke and unemployed?

i keep reading this, but nobody seems to have a problem getting rid of the goods.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
WIC or a bridge card. Run it right through my iphone..

Yeah I think 17% unemployed?
Good product will always sell. Somewhere .

BigDawg

I just checked. 10% unemployment rate, not too bad. More jobs in MI than where i'm from.

have fun and keep it dank

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I just checked. 10% unemployment rate, not too bad. More jobs in MI than where i'm from.

have fun and keep it dank

Check for the real number..check the number not lookin any longer. then figure in summer jobs in a tourist state.. Just sayin..

MMJ is the only growing business here (pun intended)-

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Michigan is the worst economy, that is fact....but we can grow some tweeds! Fuck it, make your dreams happen if this is what you want to do. Michigan isn't that bad, I've been born and raised here. It's a beautiful state, we're just poor and our cities are gross. Other than that, it's fine. Our winters are 6 months though...don't let anyone lie to you, lol.

schwilly

Hey, anybody familiar with Hiwatha national forest / Pictured rocks national lakeshore?

I'm going to be wandering around michigan for a week or two. The goal is at least a few consecutive days without sighting another human. I've accomplished this in the off-season fairly easily in mi. Not sure how easy it will be in the summer. I'm expecting pictured rocks to be busy but I'm gonna spend a day or two and see the sights anyways.

It's that time of year when I'm not tied down and I'm ready for some solitude. Not very familiar with the UP,, any tips are greatly appreciated. I have 4wd and gear. One of you michiganders point me to someplace most tranquil please.

thanks!

xcrispi

Hey, anybody familiar with Hiwatha national forest / Pictured rocks national lakeshore?

I'm going to be wandering around michigan for a week or two. The goal is at least a few consecutive days without sighting another human. I've accomplished this in the off-season fairly easily in mi. Not sure how easy it will be in the summer. I'm expecting pictured rocks to be busy but I'm gonna spend a day or two and see the sights anyways.

It's that time of year when I'm not tied down and I'm ready for some solitude. Not very familiar with the UP,, any tips are greatly appreciated. I have 4wd and gear. One of you michiganders point me to someplace most tranquil please.

thanks!

Hit up Tahquamenon falls too as long as your that close ,
but good luck not seeing other ppl. . Good news is there's enough killer here now that you can probably tolerate just about any asshole a going .
As far as growing here "Live in the Woods and sell in the Hoods"
Motarebel used to be a Michigander as well .
Crispi

I went to the UP today. Had a great time.

Fuck this. One year before my situation is settled in Ohio. I'm getting a 1 bedroom apartment in the UP and blowing it the fuck up for the next 12 months.

For real. Too much fucking fun up here to be dicking around illegally one state south. Next fall when medical happens I'll be back in Ohio. For 2011-2012, UP here I come. I'm only going like 4K watts so growers don't need to worry about me. But salmon, deer, lake trout and muskies are FUCKED.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
you guys just walk into dispenso's Cali style w samples or do you just know people??

Seems like a nice state, probably need a 4x4 w those winters:wave:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran

Fuck this. One year before my situation is settled in Ohio. I'm getting a 1 bedroom apartment in the UP and blowing it the fuck up for the next 12 months.

For real. Too much fucking fun up here to be dicking around illegally one state south. Next fall when medical happens I'll be back in Ohio. For 2011-2012, UP here I come. I'm only going like 4K watts so growers don't need to worry about me. But salmon, deer, lake trout and muskies are FUCKED.
Careful Fuckin Muskies they got teeth EVERYWHER..

Ya thats one thing I'm tripping about. Don't know anyone, might run into some issues.

I don't feel right walking into a facility that cops have to be watching carrying a pound on me.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Lets Not forget our drug dealer pasts. Go In make a friendly vist, drop a sample. Meet some where else for a love conection. Hear a legal mich Lb is 15oz... 2.5 per patient and yourself.
Learn to say "A" after every sentence and no one will kno u are a flatlander.Aye?
luck

The Bling

So umm someone I may or may not know who may or may not be me may or may not own a commercial/residential building in other words

2 apartments upstairs loading docks a store front in the down river area
5-8k sf

and this person may consider a medical cannabis friendly lease if your in MI and looking to operate a collective they are not up to date in the specifics of medical laws in MI but if you have a good portfolio (you are a reputed member here) and you could present a good plan of action pm me

K

KSP

Best wishes. The UP is lovely. I miss the salmon and steelhead runs. Some damned good smallmouth fishing, too. Slab crappie are pretty abundant too.

Things just got crazier yesterday. Our court of appeals just ruled that dispensaries are illegal in Michigan. Everybody is shutting down, and in some counties the police are raiding every one of them. So if you want to stay legal, Michigan is off the market for now.

Latest posts

Latest posts