What's new

Mich. Caregivers searched.

lvmcgoo

I know they do for a fact. Being a hunter and trying to purchase a rifle handgun anything you are denied after you recieve your card I learned it when I called em too and asked em why, you can though get your name removed from the gun list, but need a lawyer. Thanks Miway.

lvmcgoo

My lawyer did state if I did that, the feds would come get me for weapons and drug violations, so I didn't.lol

HUGE

Veteran
So if you have a mmj card you can't buy a gun? Is this every state or just Nevada? Someone please elaborate.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
So if you have a mmj card you can't buy a gun? Is this every state or just Nevada? Someone please elaborate.
This is still a felony. Any fedral paper work asks if you are an Illegal user of MJ. ??? Grey area imho

BadRabbit

Caregiver cooperated with police. they were judged to be over their count (babies I think). cops seized all the $tuff they could (cars,tvs,electronics, ya kno shit any other thief would steal) but left some plants.
NOW!! They are lookin to lawyer up.

Thinking they where legal not ina gray area they were know as caregivers.

I know a lot of growers in Michigan who wouldn't touch the whole med card system with a ten foot pole. So to speak.

I know there's supposed to be rules and protections, but a lot of people figure it's just a way to put yourself on the radar in one way or the other.

BadRabbit

i like charlevoix...
the lake is beautiful!!!

That whole area, upper west coast, is about the most beautiful spot in the entire mid/north central part of the country ... love Charlevoix, love Traverse, Sleeping Bear ... awesome part of the county.

In summer anyway... har

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
That whole area, upper west coast, is about the most beautiful spot in the entire mid/north central part of the country ... love Charlevoix, love Traverse, Sleeping Bear ... awesome part of the county.

In summer anyway... har

I disagree! It's better in the winter!!

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Maybe I'll be able to get back out this year. They should be startin up soon. Seems like a bud said they were pickin up a few down around Muskegon...

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spend a week or two up on Lake Charlevoix every summer. Makes riding my seadoos back here at home sooooo boring! I was there in early July and will be back up in a couple weeks :)

MIWAY- I call BS on feds printing our cards, the Michigan Department of Community Health prints them.

OP- Upnorth rumors spread like wildfires. I know quite a few people in the Houghton and Higgins area and the reposnses they get from people on why they don't get their card is hilarious. It is apparent that 98% of the people who won't get their card haven't read the damn law, they just listen to he said she said.

MIway

Veteran
I spend a week or two up on Lake Charlevoix every summer. Makes riding my seadoos back here at home sooooo boring! I was there in early July and will be back up in a couple weeks :)

MIWAY- I call BS on feds printing our cards, the Michigan Department of Community Health prints them.

OP- Upnorth rumors spread like wildfires. I know quite a few people in the Houghton and Higgins area and the reposnses they get from people on why they don't get their card is hilarious. It is apparent that 98% of the people who won't get their card haven't read the damn law, they just listen to he said she said.

Howdy PK~ just to clarify... this was several years ago, but Nevada has a Dept of Motor Vehicles vs the Sec of State here. DMV down there is also responsible for issuing the MMj id cards, which is actually still run by the Dept of Health... they just don't have the ability to issue cards, so has the DMV do it.

The kick is that the DMV is required to submit their Driv Lic & ID issuance through the Fed Facial Rec Program... and they say it is to avoid fraud & issuing fake id's. Lady at the DMV told me this was a new law that all the States were required to do, over time. Being that it is years later, I would've thunk all States are on this now... that when the cards get mailed back to you, it is from a Fed processing facility, not the local/State DMV office.

SOS here mailed me my driv card as well... I assumed it was through the same program w the Fed, assuming that what the lady at the DMV told me is true, which I have no reason to doubt. Reason she told me was that I asked why they didn't just print em there, why wait 2 weeks for the mail? They used to just print em while we waited, even the first fancy versions did this.

So, if indeed the DMV issues cards through the Fed, and they issue the MMj cards by contract but through the same program, the Fed is printing & mailing the MMj cards... in Nevada.

Here, it would be all cards issued through the Sec of State... and if the cards don't come from that source, then it likely isn't through the program I mentioned. But the original post was just talkin about NV. Still interesting info as it is effectively a national id program, just with the State appearances.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
well this one was not a rumor. see above. I would be one of the ones not commin out had not personal events forced me. State undercover units came, searched, confiscated, from a legal caregiver. Legal enough they where 'allowed' to keep some plants. Where in the law does it say the state police hav the right to lie there way into your home?
If you think they are not out to still 'get' us,and will do whatever is nessesarry??? Well?

crazybear

well reading the responses , it seems like how I think might be right, being in a legal state & having a card is just another way for the government to have easy access to you to F**K with you!
Of course being in a more liberal state than the one we presently reside would make growing my meds. a non-suicidal proposition, or at least not worth ten in the pen for one PLANT!:wave::plant grow:

HUGE

Veteran
stay within your limits and theres nothing to worry about

now here is where it is also fuzzy. they say 7 plants and 1 ounce but if you cut down 1 plant you have more than 1 ounce. there is no way physically possible to have less than 1 ounce ofe medicine at ALL times and not run out and not go over 3 plants. it cant be done. you can stay under 3 plants and not leave the house with more than 1 oz but thats as close as you can come to compliance.

Latest posts

Latest posts