What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mi5 Grow Journal - Growing With CANNA

dargo

I got nute burn today on the short fat one :D

why the happy face you ask? well I now know that I have been watering with the ph slightly to high which has locked out the nutes, after altering the water to make it slightly more orange in the test (lower ph on my drip kit) the very tips of some leaves are brown which tells me that that I have managed to get the soild/water ph back to a proper level.

I think I have been making the mistake of..... seeing the tips of the leaves are slightly yellow and thinking its nute burn, when really its LACK of nutes due to the high ph locking them out.

Il take a comparison shot of the brown burnt tips and the yellow lack of nutes tips

Im hoping that my digital ph meter comes in the post tommorrow.

I look at everything positively, I might have made 101 mistakes with my auto flowers but from that ive learned 101 things. the more mistakes I make the more I learn, the more I learn the less mistakes il make..........

dargo

im so excited about the mystery kush! i only got 2 fem beans so i gotta give this cs thing a go, im thinking of getting some more ss seeds just so i can get a couple more mystery kush beans. then grow the 4 of them select the 2 best cs spray one and use the pollen on the other and just smoke the other 2.

or if i get the sour60 and not get the free beans could i cs spray just a branch on one plant and use the pollen on her other branches (self pollenation) so id have 1 to smoke and 1 for fem seeds?

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
For the absolute best stash of weed for you and you alone...DJ Shorts is the one. Check out his section here. No Auto's BUT a benchmark from which to test all strains from.

Now if someone could only successfully create a Flo auto...huh hmmm

Your grow's looking nice...keep it up!

dargo

They look nice, but I really need auto flowering strains.

Day 42.

Lights off
picture.php

Lights on

picture.php

Nute burn from yesterday

picture.php

Seedling

Looking great, with still an other 3 weeks to go or something like that, it looks like you will be hauling in a really good amount of sticky bud...

Think that I will be adding the MI5 to my out door grow for the summer.
Keep the pics coming and stay safe.

//S

dargo

i cant wait to grow them in the greenhouse in big pots. while i was checking them i noticed there in 4l pots! i thought i had them in bigger ones. its proberbly for the best anyway cos its wall to wall in the cab.

after seeing your HBD photos i just had to get me some!

i think harvest date is around 7th march but i want to leave a few as long as possible

Roortokeage

So why do you want Autos?? Im a little confused?? Share to Explain?
also the pots are perfect size. Think about doing 1/2 Gram per watt or better. Then you are doing good. =0)

dargo

If you look at my greenhouse album in my profile you will see a 4ft by 4ft blacked out cube I made in the greenhouse, I start vegging as early in the year as possible then when I want to start flowering them I have to set my alarm to go off at 6am/6pm everyday, at 6pm I have to go straight to the greenhouse take the plants I want to flower and put them in my blacked out cube, then at 6am every morning my alarm goes off, I have to get straight out of bed and go and take them back out. I have to do this for roughly 10 weeks!!! The year before was even more of a ball ache as I was puttin gthem in empty compost bins and tuend over barrels, atleast with the cube it was easy to get them in and out in a couple of mins.

I allways left a few plants to flower on there own at the end of summer but as the british weather is so rubbish they never get to finish properly or I get really bad mold problems.

With autos I can start seeds of each week, ie. if I started 10 plants a week each week for 10 weeks, for the following 10 weeks il be able to harvest 10 plants a week, now If I can get even 1oz off each plant ( I know it likey going to be more) thats 10oz a week for 10 weeks over mid summer join the longest brightest days whilest everyone growing normal strains will still be watching there plants veg waiting for the end of summer for them to start flowering.

Im only doing these autos inside to learn a bit about them, learn a bit about indoor growing and to do some seed runs for the 2010 summer greenhouse/outdoor fun

dargo

the reason i want to get as many different ones as possibe is so i can see which ones are best suited to the uk weather both in the greenhouse and in the wild.

and its good to have different strains to smoke.

id never sell any its all for me & her! we got fed up having to pay for smoke when its so easy to grow. we both have seperate problems that smoking helps with

Scrogerman

Veteran
Looking F'Good Dargo, I'm also interested in the auto Outdoor scenario this year & got my eye on a few of Shorts range. Easy Sativa from Female S's works very well outdoor in the UK as my Pal 'Buddymate' has showed here on IC', I started a thread, Your Outdoor Strains UK 2010, in the hope of getting ideas from experienced Guerillas. I'm gonna be trying atleast 5 different strains outdoor this season, Easy Sativa & 4 or more Auto's too, i just aint decided which ones as of yet, MI5 is on my maybe list. Pulling up a chair to see if yours can inspire me to spend some extra cash. what about that Russian Rocket Fuel 'Bush pheno', i'll be looking for that little monster for sure, Onyx also sounds Bomb dude. G'Luck.
Peace............Scroger' ;)

dargo

i think the bush pheno shows up in all the ss autos. i know for sure that it shows up in rrf, mi5 & hbd.

ronbo51

Veteran
Great looking girls Dargo. It looks like they will really deliver. I grew a SS mix that was unlabeled so I don't know what I had. Your grow and others have helped me nail down a couple. HBD, RRF, SS#1, and now your MI5 prove to me that I was fortunate to go into the SS line. Keep up the good work man.BTW, your outside strategy is spot on. When others are fretting over their long season girls us AF'ers will be sitting pretty with dried buds and peace of mind.

Flying Goat

Monk -

I'm also a big fan of DJ's Flo. I am hoping to cross her with an AF in order to bring down size & days to flower.

I'm shooting for a continuous harvest much like Dargo!

dargo

I like the look of the Blue Moonshine aswell, I love my indicas :D

Quick couple of photos, first is the Mi5 seed mother, I had to lst her about 5 days ago. and the 2nd one is what I think is the bush pheno, its only a shot of the middle of the plant, unfortunatly its the girl I had the accident with at the beggining so she is missing 5 or so branches from the bottom, funny thing is her groth was never stunted, infact she shot up like a rocket. she has plenty of branches with buds from bottom to top of each one. if I had the space in there she and a few others would have had a little LST as all the branches are pretty much vertical

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts