What's new

Mi5 Grow Journal - Growing With CANNA

dargo

got just over 300 good looking seeds from just the top 3rd of my seed run girl. only had to bin 7 seeds that didnt make the grade

picture.php

L

lowrydergrower

Omg the mi5 looks amazing, you have got quite a green thumb there

dargo

I just had a fat spliff of the Mi5, il do a smoke report when i regain the use of my body and mind. Im so pleased with the final results!

dargo

Day 80 and still got 3 going, 1 in the greenhouse as its covered in mites and I wanted to see if the waether was ok to start out there, so far everything looks good.

the other 2 are in the hps cab with the mystery kush and 3 hbd

everytime I think there ready to harvest I notice loads of new growth spurts, I wish I had carryed on feeding them longer before I started flushing.

picture.php

picture.php

Some dry 10 day cured stinky sticky Mi5 (its from a lower branch and is quite airy, but still a fantastic smoke!)

picture.php

The mystery kush is getting pretty tall, its a really nice looking plant, tall but compact!

picture.php

The oldest hbd looks like a mini bush pheno

picture.php

So far for the summer grow I have germinated some..... Mi5, HBD, Auto White Russian, Blue Streak & Sour 60, (amnesia x blue cheese) X Mi5 (f1), 30 seeds in all, I will start doing more weekly until just after mid summer

picture.php

Still havnt got around to doing a smoke report, thing is each plant is different to the next so going to be more than 1 smoke report to do! its all very strong and on par with alot of 12/12 strains

dargo

cant belive it! my short stuff mystsry kush hermied. i didnt notice untill 10 mins ago. a few sacks have opened but i cant see any spilt pollen. thats the shortstuff mi5 and shortstuff mystery kush both hermie, now all i need is my hbd to hermie and its a shortstuff hermie full house for me........

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seedling

Wow mate, that really sucks!!!

Were all of the strains you had hermies with femed seeds?? Ive grown out 5 of Stitch strains and never had any, but then again I´ve only grown out regular seeds. Wonder if its more common with herms in the fem seed stock.

Hope you recover from the shitty Hermies and get a good grow going, loved what you did with the MI5s.
Good luck.

Roortokeage

Damn Buddy that stinks, But now you will have buddah and some Beans. Id save them and use them later on. Not bad what I say. I did it and look at the LR2 I got. Or you could just send them Magic beans here. Hahha

dargo

the HBD is the fems I was sent insted of the regs i ordered. (i got 5 regs so will see if they hermie) and the kush was a fem seed. the mi5 wher reg seeds (1 male 9 girls)

dargo

i got about 800+ beans from my Mi5 seed run. I need everything growing now to be seed free. I wouldnt risk any seeds i might get from this hermie incident outside or in the greenhouse cos its not going to be possible check all the plants as they will be spread all over the countyside.

Bighill

I get alot of hermis from short stuff orig stock. I have had luck breeing out the herms though.

My first run of snowryders i got an even split of hermis vs non. I pretty much chucked the herm seed. This F2 run of non herm stock yeilded one hermie. Which might have snuck into my bag from sorting.

Sucks ass you have to do the work yourself. Makes me wonder if they use female pollen to work their autos. Ither way would be nice to get a pack of seeds that doesn't grow bloody bannanas.

Dargo: i have 10 Mi5's i just put into cups. I'll let you know how my nanner patrol went.

colslaw

That sucks as ive just put 5 rrf's into soil, there not feminized but i hope the females i get (if i get any) dont hermie on me, we shall see.

colslaw

dargo

what ever happened i cant knock the end results of the Mi5's i just hope the kush and hbd turn out the same. oh well atleast i get to try out the dutchmaster reverse.

im also calm with the knolage that I have some mdanzig beans growing which I have only heard good things about.

something I learned from this grow is that it would have been better to pollenate a few lower branches on every plant then kept the seeds from the girl with the best end results.

Bighill

something I learned from this grow is that it would have been better to pollenate a few lower branches on every plant then kept the seeds from the girl with the best end results.

You got it mate. Autos are a perpetual pollen chuck in my mind. If i can't take clones i might as well get some beans to work with. I don't think i've grown an auto that didn't get pollenated.

I also can't knock the end result of short stuff.. The bizar parts is some of the best phenos i've seen have been hermi. However looks and smoke are 2 different things. To each their own taste if you can baby sit your ladies by all means. I don't have the luxry so nanners are my worst nightmare.

ronbo51

Veteran
I must say that I have had a blast growing out a short stuff mix I got last year. I don't have names for anything. Supposedly some of the stuff was experimental. I don't know, but it is a very wide spectrum of phenos and hybrids and the genetics could go on forever. No herms ever. Maybe I'm just lucky. I vote for the mix.

Muddy

I've grown a variety of Short Stuff autos outdoors and have not had 1 hermie. Seems to me this is more of an indoor issue which suggests something is stressing them out. My first indoor grow of some Diesel Ryder is at week 4. Second grow will be some RRF and HBD. I'll be watching them closely to see if I have an issues growing them indoors.

dargo

I decided to put the remaining mi5's into the dark for 48 hours. I had a few spidermite show up which im sure will be on the mi5's aswell so moved them out and given the cab a good scrub down. im spraying (soaking) all my other plants with PEST OFF! even though I can only see them on 2 plants everything is getting a soaking just in case. i need to spray 3 days in a row, today was day 2. Ive always had good results with PEST OFF! just a shame it cost so much in my local hydro shop.

hps cab with 3 hbd and 1 mystery kush

picture.php

Sour 60's & Blue Streak doing well

picture.php

and some gardeners delight tomatos & cucumbers starting off in the cfl cab for anyone who cares...........

picture.php

Thanks to everyone who has been following this grow, although the first chapter is on the last page I have 100's of F1's to grow so I will allways add new Mi5 grows to this thread. I just put 15 into wet paper towels\plates.

next update should be loads of harvest photos final weight and smoke reports