What's new

MH vs HPS for yield?

Catatafish

Veteran
Drek, i have some solis ballasts, once i get caught back up from sealing,co2,mini'd,dehueyed project ill pick up a matching pair of the 4ks and toss em in.

D

Drek

They look like a good kit, although, I don't know much about the company.

Catatafish

Veteran
I have some 6ks from them i have been using for veg. I like em so far.

I think i paid around $60 per horti 1k a couple months ago, found the solis 4k's 1k @ $65. Not much difference.

blissfest

Bliss, I dont understand why your panties are in a wad. YOU DONT HAVE TO USE MH/CMH bro. Let everyone else "fail" bud and just walk away.

I am fine dude, typing on the internet can easily be taken out of context. You guys can grow under candle light for all I care.

When someone makes a 3000K-1000 watt bulb I am all over it, till then I am stuck rockin out these worthless 2100k, but I'll get by:)

A

acridlab

when you think bout it really,???? its becoming a joke you got some people thinking hordilux advertisements market cash cow what ever,,,
know one can say the same for the other midgets trying to get in to he market like CMH bulbs etc its funny really proven over and over and over companies like Hordi spend millions and millions on research to find out which best triggers plants response in veg and in flowering modes and you get small time meat heads going opposite going against the norm

Rives you did good you ran two 315 so 630 watts ??? to make 1 pound + you don't think if you ran a 600 hordi you woild of done better ???? with less power dam i can post many growers here killing it getting better results closer to 2 pounds so in my books you failed

All I can say is, I rocked 1000 watt hortis for two years straight, horti blues for a year, ushio opti reds with cmh supplement for a year, now I've done a grow with 1000 watt solis tek 4000k,
And I yielded the same as always and it's stacking way better and they are staying shorter & perfectly healthy.. plus my eyes don't hurt.. I like em.. try em for a cue, think ul b impressed,, peace

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I got some solis tek ballasts and bulb combos I'm looking forward to firing up and seeing the difference between ushios and old style magnetic ballasts.

the gnome

Veteran
All I can say is, I rocked 1000 watt hortis for two years straight, horti blues for a year, ushio opti reds with cmh supplement for a year, now I've done a grow with 1000 watt solis tek 4000k,
And I yielded the same as always and it's stacking way better and they are staying shorter & perfectly healthy.. plus my eyes don't hurt.. I like em.. try em for a cue, think ul b impressed,, peace

you've done your homework on this acrid, props to you:good:
ans has others that have put in the time in a common sense fashion.
and after 4 years using and your sour kush pheno was use for years....
that sounds scientific in your method :)

others have had the same results.
I doubt it's coincidence after 2 years of working with halide and hps
Ive come to the same conclusion as you basically, and many others(supporting evidence?) and backs up what Ive been saying
for a while now
my 4000k halide does just as good as my super horti eye's (use to do)
and better sometimes strain depending.
my last run with hps i saw my 4000k ripen the resin heads noticebly sooner with 2 strains but i won't fire the hortis back up
to investigate that further.
personally there's no 1 reason or advantage using hps anymore other than paying 4-5Xs more for the bulbs,
and getting 2-3Xs stretch in the process

the gnome

Veteran
well hey PW,
nice loooooong cola's,
I'm seeing nice non hps buds from a lot of different people here,
its tiring tho seeing the same 2(1and sock puppet) keep rehashing the same pic with hps
he'll be along shortly I'm sure

btw thanks for taking the hps out to take the pic :D

blissfest

Dynasty Pineapple Fields at only 47 days in flower. Horti Super HPS kills it once again. This plant is gonna be stunning in two weeks with awesome purple hues.
IMG_9311_zps651d79e7.jpg

IMG_2923_zps496ac6aa.jpg

IMG_4866_zpsb7173c5b.jpg

blissfest

He was right on cue Gnome!

The title of this thread has been posted a hundred times in the last 15 years on all the Cannabis sites. It is shocking how much this subject has been talked about.

Show us a one big room dedicated to MH, I can show you dozens filled with HPS. Makes you wonder, LOL!!!

Drfever is right, the MH guys are small tent growers with gnome being the only exception.

blissfest

yup cat...
being right all the time,
its a curse really,
but it is what it is:shucks:

btw, everyone tell the trolling sock puppet rains a coming
Gnomey has ta take a piss..... :biggrin:

Didn't realize this was a private debate? You people are more warped than I thought, LOL!!!

You want to have a MH circle jerk without any HPS competition? How do you sleep at night?

We came here with proof HPS rocks flower rooms worldwide, and you call us "trolls"? WTF is wrong with you???

Snype

Veteran
It is possible that certain strains do better with MH light but for my personal experiences, HPS kicks the shit out of MH's.

There are other variables involved in performing accurate tests comparing both lamps. If you took 1,000 watt MH on 1 side and put 1,000 HPS on another side, say the HPS plants grew taller than the MH side and you didn't raise those lights. You could get smaller buds on HPS side because you burned the plants. There's other factors to consider when trying to compare these 2 lamps. I've placed 1,000 watt HPS and 1,000 watt MH on one of my RDWC systems and it was very obvious that the HPS side had better and more buds. This is only my experience and maybe other people will have different experiences.

Catatafish

Veteran
I can vouch for the smaller buds on stretched/burnt plants. I have an OG like wfa that appears to have done that this round.

What color temps did you use snype?