What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"meth, alcohol and tobacco are healthier for you than pot" ...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry for the bad terminology, im no expert. Simply the point i was trying to make is those drugs i listed contained Pseudoephedrine. According to wiki "Pseudoephedrine is a stimulant, but it is well known for shrinking swollen nasal mucous membranes; for this reason, it is often used as a decongestant.

It just so happens to shrink your nasal membranes cause it fucks you up.

Now the side affects ARE the effects:

"However, due to its stimulating qualities, it is more likely to cause adverse effects, including hypertension, sweating, insomnia, and anxiety."

Source

Im not trying to argue or anything i just dont trust big pharma any farther than i can Piss.

Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) is about as strong a stimulant as coffee. It's sold over the counter because it's relatively harmless. They keep track of how much you buy now because it can be used as a precursor chemical in methamphetamine synthesis.

I used to work with someone who was prescribed Desoxyn (methamphetamine) for ADD. I don't know how harmful it is when taken in tiny amounts. He'd take less than his prescribed amount for a while and then go on a several day binge when he had enough saved up. That's not exactly the healthiest way to live.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
Ok guys I'm after a bit of help here please!!!

I have a friend of over a year, but tonight we got into a really weird argument ... he seems to view pot as the ass end of drugs.

1) He thinks tobacco and alcohol are healthier than smoking pot "because it's legal"
2) He thinks methamphetamine is a healthier addiction than smoking pot.
3) He smokes cigarettes. (I never have)

I was quite blown away, it's as if he's living on a different planet. I told him that cannabis isnt radioactive like tobacco, but he was just all like "it's ALL about the tar man, that's what gives you cancer". He also keeps going on about "i've seen the docos, i know the facts" ... *makes wanking notions*

How would you respond to him???

Thankyou very much in advance

tell your friend hes a fucking moron and as much shit as he likes to talk, he knows the truth of what hes saying everytime he takes a piss and can smell the tobacco in his urine.

when i was working in the hospital had a guy admitted from the ER, he sneaks down stairs to take a puff, comes back up and we tell him we need a urine sample and that i would be back to draw his blood, come backto teh room, take his blood and go into the bathroom to collect the sample, teh urine in the toilet is fucking brown and the entire bathroom smells like cigarettes.

that was my personal experience with the toxicity of tobacco so needless to say i never have/never will be caught dead smoking a cigarette

and you can cook with weed, you cant cook shit with tobacco.

edit: and btw my response to him would be letting him read this thread! some people just like to stay disillusioned about what they do. and with the alcohol thing, what your frirend needs to do is get online and go look up the damages that alcohol causes to the kidneys and more importantly the liver. the skin is the only organ (IF IM NOT MISTAKEN) that can heal itself, all the others have scar tissue once they are damaged.

**tobacco + cancer = fact
**alcohol + irreversible tissue/organ damage = fact
**weed + ??? = damages to any part of the body (you cant and wont find it)

these days i need facts cause opinions are like assholes, so tell your friend he can take his fact dildo up his ass with pride. (hate stupid people)

Last edited:

Iraganji

How would you respond to him???

Ahaaaa! Another case of Membranus Miniatus. There's nothing you can do, so therefore the responses are limited in their usefulness. As I've yet found, there is no tool, devise, or methodology which is strong enough to leverage against the great puckering forces keeping their head in the dark.

IME, when it comes to understanding truths, the wool needs to be uncovered under your own will.

Anyway, people better handle being wrong when they're in private. Typically, folks dislike it being pointed out to them.

mrcreosote

Veteran
I'd respond with a joint or bowl.

Friends don't let friends be stupid.
It's part of the job description.You may not succeed but you've got to try.

Y

YosemiteSam

Your friend is entitled to his opinions just like anyone else. Berating him for those opinions is not helpful if you want to keep a friend. Those opinions are also the opinions of your govt...mj is classified more harmful, or at least as having no medical value...is it really totally unreasonable to believe your govt?

Having said that I don't believe you said if he did, in fact, have a meth habit. If he does then you might want to act accordingly and distance yourself from that situation. At least the meth part of it...your friend may need you sooner or later though. If he does not use meth then what difference does it make what his opinion is. Do friends have to agree on everything?

Latest posts

Latest posts