What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"meth, alcohol and tobacco are healthier for you than pot" ...

supermanlives

Veteran
you smoke pot ,you get high .you get careless,you get arrested. you drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney, you get lung cancer and your liver is pickled.but its ok you paid lots of taxes, you die a horrible death. so dont smoke pot

purple_man

Veteran
no response at all, let him believe in what he wants to believe and get on... no sense in arguing with a fundamentalist (in my opinion), for if he ain't asking your opinion, don't bother presenting it to him, simple...

blessss

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Find a new friend. There's plenty of good people out there.

I used to think it was worth trying to explain to these kinds of people (idiots) the facts but what is the use? No one had to convince me, I figured it out on my own. It's pretty simple if you don't have your head in the sand.

He insists on believing out and out bullshit, I say let him. Why should you spend your precious time trying to convince him otherwise? Move on and enjoy your life, minus the retard.

fungzyme

cold,flu, sinus. Thats what they aleady give you, even though its not like the "meth" as we no it on the street but they are amphetamines

No, those are decongestants. Some can be made into meth in the privacy of your own single-wide trailer, but they're not 'amphetamines'.

Methamphetamine is only indicated for narcolepsy as Snoop said above, and occasionally for ADHD. Used to be prescribed for weight loss also, and back in the '60s it was prescribed for virtually anything. There was even a multivitamin for senior citizens that had 1mg of meth in each tablet. For 'pep', I guess.

djonkoman

Veteran
these kind of people can't be convinced with facts, proof or arguments. just ignore the subject while talking to him.
makes me think of one time, we were out in our regular bar, and there was one of our friends, a girl, who has never smoked weed and had only drank once, a week before that, while she was already 18(16 is agelimit for beer/wine here). me and another friend were only high, she and our other friends went outside for a while to drink wodka mixed with energy drinks.
since that girl wasn't used to alcohol at all and drank too much, she puked all over the street, couldn't sit upright, couldn't stand on her own or walk. so I said at one point something along the lines of 'that's the good thing with weed, yu never get anything like this' her response(remember, she is the one completely wasted, while I can function perfectly) 'I don't do drugs'

sometimes being drunk can be nice tough, just not too often.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hope your friend has other redeeming qualities about him that make him useful to keep around... you did just discover his river isnt as deep as you thought so theres got to be something there that links you guys up.

you obviously know not to talk about anything that requires at least mid level thought processing capabilities lol

maybe you need to just say to him how shocked you are/were at learning of his understandings of things. and that its cool, because different strokes for different folks - it takes all types to make the world go round. but if he ever has any questions about the real truth to be sure he asks you so you make sure he gets the facts...

bummer man
good luck

C

chase

Ok guys I'm after a bit of help here please!!!

I have a friend of over a year, but tonight we got into a really weird argument ... he seems to view pot as the ass end of drugs.

1) He thinks tobacco and alcohol are healthier than smoking pot "because it's legal"
2) He thinks methamphetamine is a healthier addiction than smoking pot.
3) He smokes cigarettes. (I never have)

I was quite blown away, it's as if he's living on a different planet. I told him that cannabis isnt radioactive like tobacco, but he was just all like "it's ALL about the tar man, that's what gives you cancer". He also keeps going on about "i've seen the docos, i know the facts" ... *makes wanking notions*

How would you respond to him???

Thankyou very much in advance
It seems like your freind is a little out of touch.Some people will belive anything that the government will feed them. As for the meth it seem like he's coming out of left feild.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
what a fucking idiot..i would have kicked that dumb fuck out of my house for saying that kinda shit...

yea meth is safer LMAO...go spend a few days in oroville, CA and tell me meth is healthy....after you see all the tweakers missing teeth and having open sores on their face and arms...

fucking idiot!!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
never_argue_with_an_idiot_they_drag_you_down_postcard-p239710004417020124z85wg_400.jpg

sso

Veteran
first thing that came to mind was moron.

if ya really want to keep him, then the drug challenge aint such a bad idea.

him drinking every day and hard liquor

for a month

and you smoking every day some potent buds.

both nonstop, all the month.

(then again, he´s an idiot, so this is probably going to go really badly quite soon (morons on alcohol))

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
No, those are decongestants. Some can be made into meth in the privacy of your own single-wide trailer, but they're not 'amphetamines'.

Methamphetamine is only indicated for narcolepsy as Snoop said above, and occasionally for ADHD. Used to be prescribed for weight loss also, and back in the '60s it was prescribed for virtually anything. There was even a multivitamin for senior citizens that had 1mg of meth in each tablet. For 'pep', I guess.

sorry for the bad terminology, im no expert. Simply the point i was trying to make is those drugs i listed contained Pseudoephedrine. According to wiki "Pseudoephedrine is a stimulant, but it is well known for shrinking swollen nasal mucous membranes; for this reason, it is often used as a decongestant.

It just so happens to shrink your nasal membranes cause it fucks you up.

Now the side affects ARE the effects:

"However, due to its stimulating qualities, it is more likely to cause adverse effects, including hypertension, sweating, insomnia, and anxiety."

Source

Im not trying to argue or anything i just dont trust big pharma any farther than i can Piss.

sso

Veteran
nah.

on second thought, he´s probably gonna wimp out after 2-3 days and swear never to touch booze again.

might even do it after the first day :)

no sissy ass beer though, strong liquor, the hard stuff. only fair.

WEED IS THE BAD ASS END OF DRUGS EH.

Midnite Toker

Veteran
Your friend is the reason some animals eat their young. I'd say goodby, good-luck.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying~mT

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How would you respond to him???

Thankyou very much in advance

by not answering your phone or door when he comes calling, having a 'friend' w/such limited intelligence and lack of common sense is a liability in itself.......

Last edited: