What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

METAL!!!!

Tolpan

I was always a music freak, but metal was first!
Type O Negative, Metallica, Accept, Iron Maiden!

I have the new Metallica album and it starts getting better and better with every listening! A lot of peeps criticized them for the Black Album, cause it's too main stream, etc. Now they go back to their roots and again bad!
What you do, there's always someone complaining!
Because of Napster! I never copied a CD and will never do!
I only haved original discs AND A LOT OF LP's, Vinyl! The only way!
Think about 6500 original CD's and so on!

Anybody was at the Dynamo, back in the days?
Best metal festival in europe ever!

Grew up with metal and the seattle bands of the early nineties, like mudhoney
Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, etc. A lot of Punk/Hardcore influences as well!

Greets Tolpan

Hey Marijuanaut! October Rust is a great album! Was listening to Carnivore-Male supremacy some minutes ago! A friend of mine played it during a wedding in church, acoustic! The T-Shirt he was wearing said:" Stay negative" lol!

At the mo, I listen to anthrax-I'm the man,
Next: Alice Cooper-Poison

Rock on

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
EvilRaven1031 said:
jamming metallica's Live Shit: Binge and Purge album....

one of the best live albums on record IMHO

i remember in high school a mate got the original box set of B&P....i thought that was such a good little stage act when lars gets up from his kit and runs across stage all the way over to his other kit...slides across the floor onto his seat and starts drumming again right on the beat....looked fukn cool...well...was at the time...and i was heaps stoned?....duno i wana get it for my sons to show them one day ....was a bit of a "look at me everyone" moment for lars .HH. =]-~

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
happyherb said:
duno i wana get it for my sons to show them one day ....was a bit of a "look at me everyone" moment for lars .HH. =]-~

that was only the first of many more =)

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
soulfly22583 said:
that was only the first of many more =)

just think what he would have been like if he stuck with the tennis and became a pro....a one man show....thats what he wants ...

didnt lars get married to himself ? :muahaha: ...HH. =]-~

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
just like kurt with his wah wah pedal previous albums....way to much of it.

you make me want to go buy the album now just to hear that....i remember reading an interview years ago...i think nearly half the interview was just about him and his snare...should have seen it comming i guess.HH. =]-~

Last edited:

soulfly22583

Veteran
was rolling around today blasting Behemoth - love watching little old ladies stare at me in utter disgust when they hear death/black metal =)
\m/

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
EvilRaven1031 said:
herb man...buy me a beer and download that fucker

ohhh that good hey...
..without listening to it....dont they hear the fans? change can be expected by a band....but they really have lost something over the years.

wish i had a better to pc to download...theres not even a sound card in this one....and with dial up...it would be quicker to walk and swim to lars house and ask for a free copy before the download was done.......HH. =]-~

damn sorry to hear about the sound situation man, but yea....there was one song, the name escapes me, they tried to make james voice sound just like it did on kill em all.

as for right now im jamming six feet under's album "graveyard classics". im a sucker for metal covers lol

soulfly22583

Veteran
whats up my fellow metal heads!

So I read the other day on Blabbermouth that Manson and Twiggy (Ramirez) have almost finished the new Marilyn Manson album. I personally am looking forward to see what they come up with. The article quoted them as saying it was "similar to 'Antichirst Superstar'". I dont know how much I believe that but I do hold out some hope for it - What I am really looking forward to is the tour that is sure to come. I got to see Manson for a VERY short set at OzzFest in Los Angeles (Gelen Helen, 2001 \m/) and was blown away by it. Hope the intensity is still there!

What have you guys been listening to lately? Willostat - was listening to some Gojira "Ocean Planet" earlier, great music there!

G

Greyskull

I hate to post this in the "Metal" thread because they don't like to think of themselves as 'metal', nor do I think of them as 'metal'... but they are the makers of the most bad ass music you can listen too...

I am talking about TOOL.

I listen to TOOL everyday.... almost all day. Just put the player on "random" and turn that bitch up!

I know I am gonna come across as a salty old TOOL dude but fuck I cannot stand any of the newer bands out there. Its almost like 1987 again with all the faggy skinny jeans and make up and gay hair... I was channel surfing the other day and FUSE was showing their top videos of the week... anyhow the next video/song was by this band Tokio Hotel. Gave them a full 2 minutes before I almost died. I had to Google them to make sure I wasn't hallucinating (my SDxSB is pretty bomb!) - that's not a bitch, that's a dude - all of them!
http://www.sodahead.com/blog/16795/bored/

Follow up looking at those wack as yo-yos with a nice 3 song TOOl set of "Stinkfist", "Right In Two", and "Hush" - that'll take care of it. :joint:

edit: Anyhow, hope you don't mind a TOOL freak sticking his dome in here... know I won't find no love in the hip hop zones!

Last edited:

soulfly22583

Veteran
good music people! New SLAYER!!! Woot! Cant wait to see how the new album comes out!!!

Rock on my friends! \m/