What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

METAL!!!!

My best show ever was ozzfest i think 98.Black sabbath headlining,rob zombie,slayer,primus,system of a down,godsmack,deftones slipknot and some other shit.In recent years id say sounds of the underground with lamb of god, gwar devildriver and a slew of other kickass bands. Oh and amon amarth last year.Oh and hatebreed they were awesome too. And justin timberlake. Shit wait a minute i take that one back.

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
THRIPS AHOY! said:
My best show ever was ozzfest i think 98.Black sabbath headlining,rob zombie,slayer,primus,system of a down,godsmack,deftones slipknot and some other shit.In recent years id say sounds of the underground with lamb of god, gwar devildriver and a slew of other kickass bands. Oh and amon amarth last year.Oh and hatebreed they were awesome too. And justin timberlake. Shit wait a minute i take that one back.

I think your referencing the 99 line up (that was the first year Slipknot played ozzfest) but could be wrong. I think you can find the actual bands that played and dates on wikipedia or something.

So far this year the only show I have been to was Ministry/Meshugga/Hemlock and it was fucking amazing. I really want to see the Danzig 20th anniversary tour with Moonspell (Fucking INSANE live!) and Dimmu Borgir (also good live but I have been told they are much better in a festival setting than a club setting)

Have ya'll heard Children of Bodom and Dark Tranquillity.. they are awesome.

A great song buy them are....

Children of Bodom -tie my rope

Dark Tranquillity- Lost to Apathy

soulfly22583

Veteran
Children of Bodom are amazing! With that being said let me add this - the last few albums were not that amazing =(

The first 3 CD's of their work is badass, my favorite though is of course HCDR, damn catchy badass guitar work, haha

thatguy

Hello again, fellow Heddy Metalheads!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.

99 Ozzfest kicked ass!!! There were some great years in there as well.

There's been shit for shows around here. Things usually pick up through the fall into the winter, so I'm hoping for some good ones!

All the best,
TG

well, i just got back to downloading some music and found some really interesting iron maiden covers. Devildriver covering wasted years, and an eerie yet intriguing cover of somewhere in time by medina lake. lemme know if you find em and what you think (pretty easy, album search "kerrang" and see what you come up with)

soulfly22583

Veteran
im here, just been busy with work, school, and had my sister visit for 2 weeks. Should be posting up much more now

Got the new Metallica - still not sure if i like it or not, have to listen to it again (and probably again and again after that!)

anyone else get some new music? EvilRaven - i love that Kerrang does those special cover CD's.. they did one a few months back that was all Metallica covers.

yea soulfly, im still on the fence with the new metallica (though my first impression is that its better than their last offering). That one had chimaira covering disposable heroes right? i think i got a few tracks from it

edit: the thing i dont like is that they're trying to make james' voice sound like it did on kill 'em all.....

Last edited:

thatguy

Wow, I commend you guys on still buying Metallica! I haven't in 17 years.

Devildriver covering Maiden, huh? Sounds interesting.

I've been too damn busy to even listen to much music! Thankfully things are winding down, got less to do, and my OD plants are slowly but surely coming down, so soon enough I can start paying attention to music again!

All the best,
TG

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
didn't like the new metallica album, my favorate metallica song is whiskey in the jar

for the record...i didnt buy the album. i wanted to check out some tracks before i committed, i stopped buying metallica after the napster thing. (started downloading it all)

Thatguy, theres also a band called "fightstar" doing fear of the dark. im really digging some of these kerrang albums

thatguy

I'll have to check that out, Raven. Thanks for the tip!

What's up with more metalhead budshots??? What you guys growin, man? I don't have the time to stop by all your threads!!!

All the best,
TG

D

danny karey

Love Tool , Pantera, slayer,soad, Tool is my favorite right now, I've seen them live about 5 times, crazy talent, can't beat Danny on the drums. favorite Rock concert would either by my first show(pantera, Seputura, and biohazard) Or........... A couple of years ago, when there was that big SARS scare, toronto put on a huge show.......headliners were Rolling stones, Rush,AC/DC plus a bunch of others, there was about 500 000 people there, pretty intense. One of the highlights of that show was when Justin Timberlake came out to do his set, it was hard to tell if he was doin dance moves or just playin "dodge the water bottle", everybody started booing him, it was awesome. The Stones sucked I thought........just too old now i think, AC/DC was killer, Rush was amazing (neil pert is sick on drums for sure). Great show for sure.

Anyone else at that show?
Danny

katatonicus

finding some nice music threads here ..

metal has been in my blood since, well, before i was born .. my mom, as i hear it from her, was carrying me she would play the music that she loved while some of the expectant mothers in her "circle" were playing softer, gentler music. Mom was cranking up Sabbath and Zeppelin.

A little disclaimer.. I do NOT discriminate against ANY form of music. Being a musician myself, i know what goes into writting, composing, rehersing, playing, recording etc.. I was taught at a very young age to appreciate all kinds of music...

I have and always will prefer the metal \m/

Marijuanaut

Good to see that there are other metal heads on IC
the first album i bought was Accept's Restless and Wild back in 1983 and after that i was hooked :D Iron Maiden and Ozzy was really good too
discovered thrash metal around '84 ..Metallica,Slayer,Megadeth and alot of other thrash bands.1989 i heard Napalm Death and started lisening to grind/death metal and after that episode i went back to the 70's Black Sabbath Led zeppelin and alot of other band from that time..

the older you get the more picky you get...it's getting harder to find something really good these days...a couple of years ago i though that was it.. i'm not going to find any new metal bands that i like...but i was wrong...Yob and High on Fire blew me away :D
Albums that have stood out in recent years is Mayhem's Ordo ad Chao..i'm not a big fan of black metal,but this album is amazing !

soulfly22583

Veteran
Listening to some Type O Negative - Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty of Infidelity

Peter Steele is one pissed SOB!

Rock on my fellow metal heads \m/

Marijuanaut

Type o Negative have some good songs :) think i will put on october rust next
right now I'm lisening to Morbid Angel's Damnation...where the slime live...classic !