Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Metal thread.

Some of the best metal I ever heard.

Mechanism - Lobo - Inspired Horrific

An oldie but goodie. So intense.

You probably heard this before HYF.

I put this CD on along with Inhumanoids the 80's cartoon and it worked well together.

Not a bad album. Not a fan of melo-death, at least not the vocals.
I prefer a death growl, which is present on this album,or the old school shout/holler.
Not too sure what I think of the prog stuff.
Musically tight, Hogland is a master!

wordsux

been listening to allot of jap metal recently. Anyone else into neo classical metal? I love Galneryus.

saw x japan at madison square garden last month. their newer stuff isnt very metal but i love their old stuff!

wish they had played this song... guess they are getting too old to play allot of the speed metal stuff... :(

[YOUTUBEIF]_ovAk5avdzE[/YOUTUBEIF]

S

SPG.

Thx HYF :D thats Sorted my head right out! (..He sings too clearly tho loll!!)

I feel like doing a sprint race now...:woohoo:

Last edited:
RM are an often over looked gem from the world of thrash.

This release from RM blows out of the water, anything Metallica, Slayer or Anthrax have released, in many, many years.

I can get into it because I've seen it and its on the level, but if I am near that metal zone I tend to reach for the obvious Possessed, Coroner or the overlooked Sacred Reich, maybe even Hirax. Well maybe not Hirax as much as Dark Angel. Seeing Dark Angel in an over sold small club with a violent pit is a must.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Sacred Reich's Ignorance album is a must have for any thrash fan. No need to say that Darkness Descends belongs on the list of the top thrash albums ever. That must have been one hell of a show! I hear Don Doty is back!

Don't get me going on over looked thrash bands! Big 4 my ass.

Sacred Reich's Ignorance album is a must have for any thrash fan. No need to say that Darkness Descends belongs on the list of the top thrash albums ever. That must have been one hell of a show!

Don't get me going on over looked thrash bands! Big 4 my ass.
I've only ever seen two pits worse, Slayer of course pure carnage glorious and crucial to the set, but slower. The other would be (not thrash, but black) Dark Funeral a swirling blood flesh vortex for an hour, the venue didn't check studs and spikes at the door which made it literally like a human blender.

Whoa! I sound like an idiot judging music by the pit.

Latest posts

Latest posts