What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

METAL!!!!

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
arcticsun said:
lol fuck man i just realized that i linked some german cover version of "i got erection". im such a stoner lol

satyricon version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRyo-lZ4ZQ

original turbonegro version (live):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-SrMI3U_r0&feature=related

HAHA.. I looked up the lyrics as the song was playing, but thanks for the save/correction =)

Metallica - Trapped Under Ice

I don't know how to live through this hell
Woken up, I'm still locked in this shell
Frozen soul, frozen down to the core
Break the ice, I can't take anymore

[chorus:]
Freezing
Can't move at all
Screaming
Can't hear my call
I am dying to live
Cry out
I'm trapped under ice

Crystallized, as I lay here and rest
Eyes of glass stare directly at death
From deep sleep I have broken away
No one knows, no one hears what I say

[Chorus]

Scream from my soul
Fate, mystified
Hell, forever more

Scream from my soul
Fate, mystified
Hell, forever more

No release from my cryonic state
What is this? I've been stricken by fate
Wrapped up tight, cannot move, can't break free
Hand of doom has a tight grip on me

soulfly22583

Veteran
I will honestly say that one of the best tour packages I have EVER seen was one of Danzig's "Blackest of the black" tours. Consisted of Danzig (with a special Doyle (misfits) special half way through the Danzig set!) Lacuna Coil, Behemoth, Moonspell, and Superjoint Ritual. Danzig may be old as fuck and not the greatest recorded muscian at this point, BUT.. he can still pick bands that will rip your face and balls off when you see them live!

Atleast that is the experience I had in Hollywood, each time I have seen him play has been a VERY special circumstance!

Rock on Danzig in your old ass age! hah =)

A

arcticsun

saw metallica live this year

:headbange: :headbange: :headbange: :headbange:

finally :D first time ever, and it was pouring rain, and it was wild and wet and wonderful :muahaha:

have yet to see dimmu borgir live. or agalloch or amon amarth or any of the local metal bands. but they are more popular abroad then at home. i guess its hard to be a prophet in your own land hehe.

Agalloch - A Desolation Song

Here I sit at the fire
Liquor's bitter flames warm my languid soul
Here I drink alone and remember
A graven life, the stain of her memory
In this cup, love's poison
For love is the poison of life
Tip the cup, feed the fire,
And forget about useless hope. . .

Lost in the desolation of love
The passions we reap and sow
Lost in the desolation of life
This path that we walk. . .

Here's to love, the sickness
The great martyr of the soul
Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
Quench the thirst, drown the sorrow
And forget about cold yesterdays. . .

The passions we reap and sow
This path that we walk. . .
The sorrows we reap and sow
The path that we walk. . .

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
OI Fellas...nice to have found this thread..!!!!1 :joint:

I,m a DJ and present the Rock show @ our Local Community Radio Station.
Well....our range is about a raduis of 100km....

anyways...i play anything form
Old school rock..
Led Zeppelin , Jimmi Henrix , the Doors , Pink Floyed , Stones...ect
Hard and commercial Rock
Creed , Nickeback , Nirvana , Guns n Roses , Pearl Jam , Green Day , Smashing pumkins
Local Rock and Metal
We have to promote our Local artist of our region.
and some Full-on Metal..
Mettalica , Megadeth , AC/DC , Iron Maiden , Korn , Pantera..ect

to name a few...

Great to Read through the favorites and gives me loads of new ideas for play lists.............

THANX-A-LOT :jump: :joint:

soulfly22583

Veteran
\m/

How you all doing? I have been on a serious Killwhitneydead kick lately - been doing some roadtrips the past few weekends and found myself cranking their cd's while heading down the road. I seriously think this band has potential to go somewhere. The drumming is seriously fucking intense!

Been listening to some Pandora.com lately - put in KWD and have been getting similar music, the new Bury Your Dead is pretty good and definitely a change from their old singer (in my opinion, a change for the better, gave the band something more to strive for)

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
heres a song from diecast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6i9w4Z-TRM
seen them last year around this time, and was a great gig even toked up and drank some jager with the singer fun times!.....on another note i seen that slayer will hit the studio feb 1st to get the new album out next spring/summer followed by a US tour. will be my 12th slayer show if i get the chance to go and tare up some shit!
weird-guitar3.jpg

Last edited:

AbbieDoobie

The only band from the Metal genre that even remotely appeals to me is Black Sabbath. I guess it is the slowed down, hard blues sound that appeals to me. I really dig the mighty Zep if you consider that to be Metal. Allmusic.com says..."Arguably the first true metal band, however, was Led Zeppelin." I'm a big fan of NIN and think Broken and much of Downward Spiral to be in the Metal camp.

~Abbie :joint:

here is my top 5 for this week ..

5. Meshuggah : Obzen
I am completely blown away having recently seen them on the C U LaTour w/Ministry .. awesome time

4. the Faceless : Planetary Duality
this is some crazy shit right here, defo top 5 of 08

3. Blotted Science : The Machinations of Dementia
fuck guy, you have Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse, Charlie Zeleny from Behold...the Arctopus and Ron Jarzombek from Spastic Ink/Watchtower. absolute technical wizardry. If you enjoy instrumental technical/progressive extreme metal .. this IS the shit.

2. Deranged : High On Blood
in my opinion this is one of the best death metal records ever made

1. Deeds of Flesh : Of What's to Come
OMFG!

:headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange

Last edited:
jiggy, since when did you become a metalhead??

its funny you said that cause ive been jamming quite a bit of megadeth lately. i realized its been too long since i listened to both Peace Sells and Train Of Consequences.

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old Megadeth rules. Countdown is the last good record Mustaine and the boys have put out.

Forclosure of a Dream was one of my favorite tracks back in the day .. i should totally dig that shit up ..

What other bands, genres of metal (cause there are only 6000) is everone interested in/currently following/listening to?

Latest posts

Latest posts