What's new

metal halide GROW LIGHTS for FLOWERING CYCLE

raphaelwilliams

I think it's a really good idea to mix both high pressure sodium and metal halide light together. That way you get both the red and the blue light that your plant needs anyway. Just to be sure to keep it cool in their.

Kanye WeED

I think it's a really good idea to mix both high pressure sodium and metal halide light together. That way you get both the red and the blue light that your plant needs anyway. Just to be sure to keep it cool in their.

yeah id like to try it real soon, maybe next move i make, got the lights just need the space!

bostrom155

You can get tubular T-15 Metal Halide lamps. They are no wider than a normal HPS lamp. A Growzilla reflector with a 600w HPS and 400w MH would be an amazing light to grow any plant under.

-Funk

Hey finkbomb, i just seen these t15 at 1000bulb, looks like the are more cooltube friendly than the regular bulbs, wonder why they are not more popular.

Im using a 1000MH and a 1000HPS in flower now and a 400mh and 400hps in veg...good info here

since heat is your main issue......use the MH'S during stretch , remove them and replace with the HPS during flower development ,when flowering slows and and ripening starts remove the HPS and put the MH'S back in. when ripening MJ's need for intense light decreases so be sure to raise your lights a little

wolfie

i use 6 400 w ceramic mh in my 100 sq ft room and these are supposed to equal 600s they've got a really good spectrum it,s my first real grow and im happy . i,ve got two maybe three weeks left until harvest i'm like a kid waiting for christmas . got rid of mites maybe. still fighting the powdery mildew and the white flies are back god i hate those little bastards how can i rid of them without hurting my buds any ideas besides those little yellow sticky traps i'll try to send some pics of my pond of green my first post thankx guys

F

forsakenangel

My buds are more potent and denser with mh/hps than when i used only hps. I have often heard this has something to do with UV that MH gives off but regardless you are adding more to your already limited spectrum.The one thing i will say about mh is if your on a budget hps is the way to go. Bulbs last about a year. With metal halid it is recommended to replace every 6 months and thats not even saying your using digi ballasts. If your going all the way though mix em..the plants will love you for it. The way i grow is I always try to provide the best i can to my plants..even if it costs me a bit more..and i will always use both.

Oh and one other thing with me..some people like the look of huge fluffy buds..but from a medical patients point of view the denser are better..more bud per stem ratio. There are many reasons you should go for the denser buds though..curing turns out better in my experience but really the over all quality and value in my opinion goes up..if i can find someone that has some dense nugs i can usually talk for hours with them because "usually" they know more than most that claim they do.

BudZad7

Hortilux Blue 1000w

Hortilux Blue 1000w

Hi All ! :wave: Very interesting thoughts by all.....Tried all the various combos
of bulbs....Just go by what people say about the medicines effects on them,
Like I have read in these posts all over IC forums about flouro light has the most
UVB of all bulbs and tubes.....We did a test with 3 age groups of men and women and boys and girls from 12 yrs~ 80yrs old The lights were 1.Flouro/32w
48" 5000k sunshine tubes by Phillips, 2. MH 400w Horti Blue 5500K, 3.HPS Horti
400w 2100K....80% said the flouros made their eyes hurt from intensity of light,
and the Blue MH was 2nd, and HPS 3rd....So,that's the results....:yoinks:

Also, noticed by accident the OG Kush was more sticky, and resinious under 100% flouros, no MH or HPS was used....!! So take a 3' x 3' table in a tent 4'x4'
and put flouros vertical in each corner, and 4/5 fixtures horizontal on top, with
fans for circulation, there's not much heat either, also use the above mentioned
Phillips tubes.....Try it and see the Difference:woohoo: Good Luck Peace!

Attachments

• 100_3508.jpg
    100_3508.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_3506.jpg
    100_3506.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 13