What's new

metal halide GROW LIGHTS for FLOWERING CYCLE

Kanye WeED

whats the dimensions of your room?

LOL, i love ur avatar! is that SNARF from THUNDER CATS, i forgot all about him,lmao

any way my room is like 4 feet long 24 in wide and around 5 feet tall give or take

my HPS sits long ways and i have ducting for airmovement on the light so its gonna be tuff

ill see if i can find a pic!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 19

Kanye WeED

You can get tubular T-15 Metal Halide lamps. They are no wider than a normal HPS lamp. A Growzilla reflector with a 600w HPS and 400w MH would be an amazing light to grow any plant under.

-Funk

sounds great wiish i had the space, def aint got no time to do upgrades to cabinet

love the idea tho, and i love to see a pic of yours!!

*mistress*

Veteran
these may be helpful:

lighting conversion data
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108993
compiled lots of data here... run hps+mh+floro+uvb+red & purple party lights... sm warm or neutral or cool deluxe excellent bulbs for entire season...

MH Lighting For Entire Grow?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=132224&highlight=neutral+deluxe

OK now I'm really confused ! ~ MH lighting @ end of flowering Sativa's ?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135311&highlight=neutral+deluxe

I shoulda read up more about MH lights before buying. Now I have concerns
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=137373&highlight=neutral+deluxe

enjoy your garden!

M

mrred

Ok, I guess I'm not used to having a height restriction in grows, but I usually try to factor in the lower lumens with hood placement anyway. I run my MH lights closer to the canopy by about 4 inches to compensate for the lower output, perhaps that's skewed my yields (they match.)

What do you think?

if i remember correctly the chart on the distancce said 1000hps was 36 inch and the 1000mh was 30, the plants just adsorb the different wavelength and it handles those differently i suppose i remember back on og the rule of thumb was 60hps/40mh or like 70hps/30mh

oldbootz

Veteran
adding blues, reds, purples, oranges, UV-B - any of these additional spectrums can increase terpine complexity and add yield

M

mrred

honestly i dont recommend anything i wouldnt do, and if i was you i'd put the 2 250ws in the 2x4 spaces because thats the perfect size for 2 250s, then build or buy a 3x3 room or tent for your 600hps

but for now i'd get your plants alot closer to the bulb,

Kanye WeED

if i remember correctly the chart on the distancce said 1000hps was 36 inch and the 1000mh was 30, the plants just adsorb the different wavelength and it handles those differently i suppose i remember back on og the rule of thumb was 60hps/40mh or like 70hps/30mh

i have my super lemon haze plant like 10 inches from my hps plant and it seems to love it not saying u r wrong, but i was told to do this by a master grower an soo far its working, but i do understand what u r saying about wavelengths and all that stuff,

hopefully my plants getting alot opf them being so close

i aslo use UV-b lights

100 watts dont know how many nanos tho!!!

just got it from petsmart, like 16 bucks!!! flourescent

Kanye WeED

honestly i dont recommend anything i wouldnt do, and if i was you i'd put the 2 250ws in the 2x4 spaces because thats the perfect size for 2 250s, then build or buy a 3x3 room or tent for your 600hps

but for now i'd get your plants alot closer to the bulb,

thanks that was a old pic like 5 months ago i think

i got a all hydro grow coming up now and im just trying to get these soil plants done and flowered for real!!!

Kanye WeED

these may be helpful:

lighting conversion data
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108993
compiled lots of data here... run hps+mh+floro+uvb+red & purple party lights... sm warm or neutral or cool deluxe excellent bulbs for entire season...

MH Lighting For Entire Grow?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=132224&highlight=neutral+deluxe

OK now I'm really confused ! ~ MH lighting @ end of flowering Sativa's ?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135311&highlight=neutral+deluxe

I shoulda read up more about MH lights before buying. Now I have concerns
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=137373&highlight=neutral+deluxe

enjoy your garden!

nice read, ill have to read up more on the links this weekend

wish i had time to upgrade my box, but im happy with it for now!!!

Kanye WeED

MRRED

i wish i had the time to switch out the box to 2 250s, but i dont

u guys are making believeres out of me but i just wanna take it slow for now

if anything id just like to add a 250 and see what that does, but as u can see its virtually impossible for me to do that right now without any modifications , i guess i could buy a new hood!!

will 2 smaller hoods still put out enough light, and cover the bottom of the box

dumb question i think but i need to know

plus will a 14k (ment for salt water tank) halide work OK

thanks for all the help tonight guys DAMN!!!

M

mrred

i never heard anyone getting a 600 to close to their plants if heat wasnt a issue, i have heard of bleaching with a 1000watt tho

i say save your money for another room for the 600, the swap out the lights when your done with this grow

*mistress*

Veteran
mrred said:
here, the distance between the plant & the 1k bare bulb is betwenn ~2-6 inches. this is the closest plant part. generally, keep the closest fruit ~6" away. bleaching can occur @ 2", however, simply turning the plant & moving it back an inch or so makes sure getting total available photons.

would never keep a 1k 30-36 inches away from a plant... a 1k is most effective @ approximately 1 foot away from the plant; whether mh or hps... @ that distance, should get close to 'saturation', or ~300 par watts. for other conversions, this should be ~5,000 lumens, or 50,000 lux, or ~150-300 par watts (depending on spectral output), in general.

the sun (nearest star) provides 450 par watts of full spectrum light. nearly impossible to replicate such an array of electromagnetic energy, even in labs. can attepmt to get close by supplying different spectrums.

here, 400-600 watt bulbs get @ stay @ 2-4" away, w/ plants never coming close to getting burned or bleached. really is a matter of voluminous air flow. heat holds water; if no air is provided, the water vapor coming from the plant gets trapped in the micro-climate. if lots of air circulation, the water in the heated air is carried away & the increased temps can be used for greater metabolism.

increase air flow/circulation when decreasing distance between light source & plant... may help...
Kanye WeED said:
plus will a 14k (ment for salt water tank) halide work OK
is that 1,400 kelvin or 14,000 kelvin temp?

enjoy your garden!

Kanye WeED

i never heard anyone getting a 600 to close to their plants if heat wasnt a issue, i have heard of bleaching with a 1000watt tho

i say save your money for another room for the 600, the swap out the lights when your done with this grow

cool cause i got the super lemon haze hella close to the light now, and she actually smells like a strong LEMON flavor thats so amazing

wish i could build another room for the 600, i have no more room to do so. Do u think its a bad idea for me to add a metal halide lamp in the room for heat issues and spectrum issues, or what?

im thinking 2 lamps and smaller hood but i dont know, may just stick with what i have until the light goes out!!!

Leviathan

my first decent harvests was with a onek mh light, i think also that the lumen output on the mh might be on par with the hps simply because the u.v light they put out is outside of the measurement standard companies use. i definately read over n over again that when people grow with mh next to there hps they get better quality buds but usually a little less. ive smoked plenty of my friends(word being friends, id say 4 people with almost the same set up) hps grown hydro going for like 4200 a lb. and i prefer in all honesty to smoke decent mexican commerial, the high is better.

*mistress*

Veteran
i ment 14000 k, a pretty blue light

will 1 hood of HPS and 1 hood of 14000 k side by side help or hurt my garden in any way shape or form?

thanks mistress
k, thx...

can only imagine that broader spectral input to the plant will 'help' your plants. cannot imagine how that combo could 'hurt' the plants...

interesting selection for the 14k bulb... may provide some colors the plants love...

enjoy your garden!

M

mrred

my first decent harvests was with a onek mh light, i think also that the lumen output on the mh might be on par with the hps simply because the u.v light they put out is outside of the measurement standard companies use. i definately read over n over again that when people grow with mh next to there hps they get better quality buds but usually a little less. ive smoked plenty of my friends(word being friends, id say 4 people with almost the same set up) hps grown hydro going for like 4200 a lb. and i prefer in all honesty to smoke decent mexican commerial, the high is better.

do you know anyone growing sativas? or some stuff grown in organic soil?

Kanye WeED

i dont know about the 4200 a lb who ever is paying that need to come where i am, but yea i def think i wanna give the lights a try, but there is gonna B soooo much work involved in me reconfiguring my box, really not looking forward to it!!

Kanye WeED

k, thx...

can only imagine that broader spectral input to the plant will 'help' your plants. cannot imagine how that combo could 'hurt' the plants...

interesting selection for the 14k bulb... may provide some colors the plants love...

enjoy your garden!

i sure hope it provides some light that my plants love, i need all the help i can get for sure.

im just kinda scard to put a 600 watt next to the 250 i think the plants on the 600 watt side of the room will benifit more than the ones on the side of the 250, or do u guys think that the light rays will spread out evenly?

i dont know man, its just so mant different variables to think of dang it!!!