What's new

Megayields VERT Paradise...c'mon in!

D

DaveTheNewbie

Mega......You`re only as successful in this `ol world as the folks yas surround yourself with , so take everything with a grain of salt and don`t make any hasty decisions as yas move forward with your project , cuz quality of life means everything and yas can`t get it back so.......

Feel better.....Take yer fuckin meds , and get ta work my buddy......The journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step.....make sure it`s the right step and everything`s planned out and scheduled

seconded

D

DaveTheNewbie

theres being doctor and being manager : both get the two get mixed up and loose boundaries

farmari

When I went to flip rooms and multiple locations with ebb and flow buckets , I had 5 houses with 3600 watts of lights in each but only 1800 runnin 24/7 for a total of 18 KW with staggered plantings and Harvey`s to make it easier on this old ass 1 man army but only 9 KW amperage draw.....and.....

Hey DHF did you transport the veg plants from a remote location? Or have a moms/clones/veg setup in each? Often when people post their lighting KW I'm curious to know what their veg wattage is. (how do I know if my gpw efficiency is good if my veg wattage might be much higher than necessary)

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

Veg wattage shouldn't be a factor in your gpw calcs if you don't veg in your flower room resulting in down time. Veg lights are relatively insignificant and as long as it doesn't cut into your ability to keep the flower room running, I don't think it should be a concern.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyway we can get a updated pic of full room? im really curious on plant spacing/lighting your using

Nooby,

Did you miss the 8-9 pics I just posted last night? I don't know how to better give you and idea of the spacing, I have 70 plants on 3 shelves ....I run 3200 watts ....stacked with 1K on top with 600's below....scroll up or back one page I think you'll get a good idea of my vertical setup, it's 8*11 feet rectangle also.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You need to get this up some. You can set it on gravel or PVC. For the pvc use several pipes or tees. That way it can drain better for when you suck the water out.

picture.php

D

DHF

Hey DHF did you transport the veg plants from a remote location? Or have a moms/clones/veg setup in each? Often when people post their lighting KW I'm curious to know what their veg wattage is. (how do I know if my gpw efficiency is good if my veg wattage might be much higher than necessary)
I built sealed Mom/Clone/Pre-Veg cabinets that were a lil over 2' x 4' and ceiling height , with 3 levels of cuts rootin on top with 40 watt shop lights and pre-veggers on the bottom with 8 bulb T-5`s......

Mom plants were phased out once increased plant numbers took over with the need to trim , prune , and shape the pre-veggers all the way up to 14-17 days into bloomage once flipped , providing all the cuts needed for the ensuing future runs......and .....

I only toted plant matter to each setup once to minimize the LEO exposure/dick on the choppin block thingy down here in Hell.....and then.....

The biggest reason I rolled in drive through basements w/roll up garage door setups was the "out of sight , out of mind" principle of no-fuckinbody seein me do shit....except.....

Re-modelin a home on the "outside" while I was growin my ass off "on the inside" for a 1 yr period then movin on to the next location.....anyways.....Hope that helps.....and......

Mega....feel better...........

Peace....Freds......:ying:......

Last edited:

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

Or flip the dishes upside down like I do. You may want them sitting in runoff in soil, but my cocosense tells me no...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Or flip the dishes upside down like I do. You may want them sitting in runoff in soil, but my cocosense tells me no...

That picture was taken literally 2 hours after watering, their drinking so much now that 5-7 hours later, ALL that water was taken up by the plant(s).....we just are trying to shove as much water (especially in the smaller 2 gallon smarties) as we can atm. Gro-Bro's sister is in hospice dying (alcoholism horrible way to go) so I am trying to pick up slack after just spending 3 days in the hospital myself....(sigh) life has to go on and I have to move forward.

Made great progress today, tomorrow more defoliating, good things are happening in the background but I am broke as a joke atm...but I am used to that! :tiphat:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Sorry to hear your bad news but I'm glad that you and your girls are both doing well. Can't be too much longer till chop right?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That picture was taken literally 2 hours after watering, their drinking so much now that 5-7 hours later, ALL that water was taken up by the plant(s).....we just are trying to shove as much water (especially in the smaller 2 gallon smarties) as we can atm. Gro-Bro's sister is in hospice dying (alcoholism horrible way to go) so I am trying to pick up slack after just spending 3 days in the hospital myself....(sigh) life has to go on and I have to move forward.

I think that is a long time to sit in the water. That water will wick up into the pots a raise the perched water table many inches above the sitting water. This area above reduces the usable pot area once the plants have used up the available O2. If you raise them just above the water the roots will grow down into the water sitting below and drink what they need with out causing the depletion of the O2 in the perched water table above. The cloth pots will let fresh air in better than the saturated water area in cloth pots.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think that is a long time to sit in the water. That water will wick up into the pots a raise the perched water table many inches above the sitting water. This area above reduces the usable pot area once the plants have used up the available O2. If you raise them just above the water the roots will grow down into the water sitting below and drink what they need with out causing the depletion of the O2 in the perched water table above. The cloth pots will let fresh air in better than the saturated water area in cloth pots.

OK you are making a valid point...but at this point of the run I don't want to go into that friggin jungle and try to put PVC triangles or stones on 70+ pots to raise them up a bit....actually you and I have talked extensively about this in the past and I just totally forgot to do it when I set up the room for this run.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK here are a few lights on pics....

Ghetto branch support look for the green string thingy's, got them at the hydro whore store;

picture.php

Group pics just swelling UP

picture.php

and these Blue Dragon

picture.php

OG Kush x UK Cheese

picture.php

more Blue Dragon

picture.php