What's new

Megayields VERT Paradise...c'mon in!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cat hair = extra potency! I charge more for cat hair dankness...I even have some called "cat Piss" fire...that is REALLY expensive...damn cats were climbing all over the new camera while I set it up and was playing around with it.

I'll be fine everyone but thank you for the kind words, will get an update up tonight after the surgery hopefully!

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Good luck with surgery Mega, we will all be waiting for ya!

aod

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Out of surgery, still got my nuts.....hernia fixed...tired but ok.

Thank you all my friends for your kind words.

TTYL:thank you:

G

greenmatter

good to know you still got your junk bro ........ what site is this?

did the doc hook you up with prescription suppositories?????

sorry man , could not contain that one:tiphat:

get well and get back in the garden!!!!

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm could use some of the BHO suppositories that Arminus is making LOL!

Here is a list I thought you guys would enjoy! I always admire guys that are handy with tools and can build crap...correctly...I am OK but by no means "handy" this list explains how I look at tools!

OK I better explain this thread again, it is MUCH more than a grow thread, it is more of a "consciousness of thought" thread. I really like to talk about anything here that I feel like, that sometimes include my own grow adventures. I think Bobble will back me up on this. My mind works kinda "outside the box", and prefer to be unusual rather than another "sheeple" no matter WHAT situation I am in. I think we all benefit from honesty and trasnsparency.

That gets me into trouble here on ICMag as well as other situations occasionally. I just recently had a post binned, and I skirt the TOU rules sometimes but "fuck it" ....."I yam who I yam" (quote from Popeye).
===============================================================================================================

Tools Explained;

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light . Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh sh--!'

SKIL SAW: A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK
: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW: A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

UTILITY KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

SON-OF-A-BITCH TOOL: (A personal favorite!) Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'Son of a BITCH!' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

Hope you found this informative

G

greenmatter

^^^^ya cant please all the people all the time ......... and that is O.K. !!!!!!

========================================================

good list!!! ....... i duct tape considered a tool or a raw material?

bobblehead

Veteran
you must spread some reputation around before giving it to megayields again...

omg you just killed me... I can see you doing all of those things and the tantrum that follows.. lol

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Glad you are on the mend bro. Now maybe you can climb up my hill to check out my room... Things are going off in there! spent about 8 hours in there yesterday dealing with the PM. I obliterated it to say the least. Have some real nice shots I will be posting in a few.

castout

Veteran
Megayields, I am happy to hear you are doing fine....and that your nuts are still intact! I have taken your advice, and am doing ALOT of reading. I do not think I will go vertical for at least a few months, as designing and building will take some time, plus I still have reading to do. I remember the first time I saw THE COLISEUM, in a hydro shop in vancouver, about 10 years ago. I was intrigued, but life took my growing in another direction...no pun intended, lol. But now, I am in a position, where I can let my FREAK FLAG, fly...so I am going vertical!!!! Gonna get a camera and post pics, when I building. I will prolly be posting a ton of questions. Thanks for inspiring me!!!!!

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Megayields, I am happy to hear you are doing fine....and that your nuts are still intact! I have taken your advice, and am doing ALOT of reading. I do not think I will go vertical for at least a few months, as designing and building will take some time, plus I still have reading to do. I remember the first time I saw THE COLISEUM, in a hydro shop in vancouver, about 10 years ago. I was intrigued, but life took my growing in another direction...no pun intended, lol. But now, I am in a position, where I can let my FREAK FLAG, fly...so I am going vertical!!!! Gonna get a camera and post pics, when I building. I will prolly be posting a ton of questions. Thanks for inspiring me!!!!!
Let us know when you start the build, and I will try to help out as much as possible...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Castout - Arminus, Bobble, DHF and SOOO many others I am not mentioning and should be are here to help you from design to well...as long as you need. I am STILL learning and improving my room every day THAT's why I love this type of growing it can always be improved.

I am glad you are part of the family.....welcome!

castout

Veteran
Hey y'all, I have grown medium less aero,hydroton aero, soil, soilless, rockwool and 'coco......I am really a fan of aero, but right now, I am coco. My dream is to do an aero vert.......I think I can, I think I can!!! Like isaid, it will be about 2 months before I can implement THE PLAN. Please give me any tips you can, cause y'all are the shit!!!!

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you are on the mend bro. Now maybe you can climb up my hill to check out my room... Things are going off in there! spent about 8 hours in there yesterday dealing with the PM. I obliterated it to say the least. Have some real nice shots I will be posting in a few.

Give me a day or two to heal a bit more I'm more scared about your dogs than the hill LOL! Great work on your room Arminus I KNOW your going to be successful.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey y'all, I have grown medium less aero,hydroton aero, soil, soilless, rockwool and 'coco......I am really a fan of aero, but right now, I am coco. My dream is to do an aero vert.......I think I can, I think I can!!! Like isaid, it will be about 2 months before I can implement THE PLAN. Please give me any tips you can, cause y'all are the shit!!!!

Castout (by the way YOU GO GIRLFRIEND) lol sorry bout the "bro" comment I must remember some if the IC members are of the fairer sex.

Many of us here use CoCo but Arminus is being very succesfull (and I might add very inexpensive) using DWC buckets he is really making me a believer, Maina has a killer NFT(?) 4 stack system with air blowers through PVC pipe that is amazing, Bobble has a mix of the two and is also doing incredible things ..and then theirs ANTI..well he has his own design that is unusual and unique...he's one of "those" different peeps lol! Actually their is no one in the vert section that isn;t doing something interesting

I've run organic soil, CoCo, Rockwool that's it so most of my experience if from their. I just like CoCo it has the nice taste and flavor that soil offers with the speed similar to hydro, best of both worlds and I like sticking with what works then "fine tune" it from their so I am probably going to stay with that.

Whatever you choose I'm sure DHF has ran it and if all fails he is around to go ask anything to, hell he has forgotten more than any of us know!

We stand ready to serve you fair lady (bow deeply):bow:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran

Great to hear that your getting back on your feet again, and going vert? This is going to be great, you'll have all the help you need in the vert forum, that's for sure :)

HGO