What's new

Megayields VERT Paradise...c'mon in!

Green light in Flower room

I have a green compact flourescent bulb (CFL) in my flower room, I believe it might be the source of some improper lightwave penetration and might be inducing some hermaphrodite action in plants near it? I have heard a lot of these "green" lights are just painted green and still cast off a "bad" light. I need some illumination when I am working (or Gro-Bro is working) in the flower room.

I need a solid source for a "SAFE" green bulb that will fit into a normal light socket? How about LED's? Does anyone know a good source amazingly my own hydro whore store had NO idea how to help me (who woulda guessed, little white boy with rasta dreads very rarely has a clue).

I am leaning on the collective wisdom and knowledge of the vertical section and will go to bed SECURE in the knowledge an answer will be provided, I thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom.

Mega:thank you:

just been in my hydro shop and they had a light like miners use but had green led's in it, i was askin all sorts of questions and he said he uses it all the time

skyhigh35

megga looking good bro! on those green bulbs, those are the only ambient light i have in the basement. i have never had problem to date, but i never leave them on, as they are just painted green & not actually a green spectrum. i use them when im working & then turn them off. never had problem to date, been using them for years. those head mount green LED are bad ass also just sometimes annoys ya. try a lowes or home depot if u want one

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:D

Just a reminder 4 the bros: Be careful with the prints when posting pictures from your hands. I've done some stupid shit as a teenager so i wouldn't survive long with pictures like that. Enough angles from the same finger leads to a partial - or complete print. Be careful.

Prowler are you serious? Really? c'mon man????

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
megga looking good bro! on those green bulbs, those are the only ambient light i have in the basement. i have never had problem to date, but i never leave them on, as they are just painted green & not actually a green spectrum. i use them when im working & then turn them off. never had problem to date, been using them for years. those head mount green LED are bad ass also just sometimes annoys ya. try a lowes or home depot if u want one

Hey Sky I just sourced a screw in green LED light so I think Im good, but to be honest I think it is light peakage from simply opening my door to the room so I am putting a Panda vagina zipper on my opening to close that up and gro-bro is gunna have to squeeze his fat ass threw their and then close it up behing him while he waters LOL

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey Mega if you need to squeeze through use a zipper on each side.

As far as the head lamps I don't know. Last night I turned around and caught a bud across the fore head. Then I reached up and accidentally smeared sticky all over my fore head, then my hair was stuck to my fore head. Not sure how bad that would have been with one of those head lamps.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Green light in Flower room

I have a green compact flourescent bulb (CFL) in my flower room, I believe it might be the source of some improper lightwave penetration and might be inducing some hermaphrodite action in plants near it? I have heard a lot of these "green" lights are just painted green and still cast off a "bad" light. I need some illumination when I am working (or Gro-Bro is working) in the flower room.

I need a solid source for a "SAFE" green bulb that will fit into a normal light socket? How about LED's? Does anyone know a good source amazingly my own hydro whore store had NO idea how to help me (who woulda guessed, little white boy with rasta dreads very rarely has a clue).

I am leaning on the collective wisdom and knowledge of the vertical section and will go to bed SECURE in the knowledge an answer will be provided, I thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom.

Mega:thank you:
You are in luck bro. Just got a product update email from SC hydro... They now have LED green lights for 28 bucks. They may have to order it, but it will give you the peace of mind. I will find out if they have them in stock today. I am using the green "party" cfl, but will be switching them out...

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Yea, I second the velcro. I had a zipper, and it was a pain in the ass getting into and out, because my door to my DIY tent is not that tall.

Now I have the velcro on there, and it works like a charm. Just need to make sure you dont pull crazy hard, because sometimes the velcro stays, and the plastic rips!

aod

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK thanks for all your input we are going with the velcro closure on the panda door.

Bobble - You got a pm.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you

Thank you

I just want to publicly thank Arminus for being such a great guy and helping me install my new sediment/chlorine filter, it's not a R/O system ...because I'm an idiot and bought the cheapest thing I saw in that area at the hydro whore store.....lol. BUt it will remove a lot of chlorine and sediments.

Thanks bro I am just not great at things like that!

Well the harvest is in we already have 1 lb of Tangerine Haze curing, a very little Allen Wrench, Purple Kush, Mango and a little UK Cheese, the most surprising strain is the Alaskan Ice and I believe the genetics are from GHS which if that is true I am going to have to eat some major crow because I have been dissing their genetics for a LONG ASS time, and this Alaskan Ice is just sick! It is total FIRE!

AlexTrebek

Awesome thread mega!
Armanius along with many other vert growers here are very helpfull and kind people and are why these forums are always the funnest read :x

Checked out your thread, great read and I'm jealous of your tangerine haze!

Grow on!
:tiphat:

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I just want to publicly thank Arminus for being such a great guy and helping me install my new sediment/chlorine filter, it's not a R/O system ...because I'm an idiot and bought the cheapest thing I saw in that area at the hydro whore store.....lol. BUt it will remove a lot of chlorine and sediments.

Thanks bro I am just not great at things like that!

Well the harvest is in we already have 1 lb of Tangerine Haze curing, a very little Allen Wrench, Purple Kush, Mango and a little UK Cheese, the most surprising strain is the Alaskan Ice and I believe the genetics are from GHS which if that is true I am going to have to eat some major crow because I have been dissing their genetics for a LONG ASS time, and this Alaskan Ice is just sick! It is total FIRE!
Anytime bro! I will redo your lights either sat or sun (might work on my roofing project saturday)
Cross your fingers that I can get those Alaskan Ice cuttings to root! I like to push the envelope, but taking cuttings after a week flush might be too much lol...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome thread mega!
Armanius along with many other vert growers here are very helpfull and kind people and are why these forums are always the funnest read :x

Checked out your thread, great read and I'm jealous of your tangerine haze!

Grow on!
:tiphat:

I'll take THANK YOU for $300 Alex! :thank you:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey Mega I see you lost another 34 ton shipment going to Mexico in a tunnel. Only you would ship from San Diego to Mexico.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well it's been a mess lately, I've had a shit ton of issues, almost lost a whole crop,rotation due to the Cali winds and SC County loosing power and t my house 4 straight days of no power , generator took a crap, gro- bro had to get battery powered LED's to keep the veg crop,alive just today we got power.

If you think growing ,good boo is easy I got a bridge I want to sell you....dyammmnnn ..I went through some serious depression and upset times the last 4 days. I the middle,of all this I think I'm cooking up a hernia and am in Dallas picking up a truck that a driver had to leave here when his wife passed suddenly, and to get here I had to go through 2 days of driving through snow storms...all the while trying to organize things at home

PHEW....ok thanks for letting me vent !

Other than that things are fine lol...thanks for all the suggestions guys ....we are slowing solving the light peakage issue, this could,have been avoided IF I had listened to Bobble about 6 months ago ....grrrr!

Take care folks!