Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Coca Leaves.jpg

:D

RMS

:smoweed:

Brother Nature

It should be so obvious now, especially after Covid. "Drug" Prohibition was started by a bunch of oligarch families in the USA that wanted to protect the profits of their nascent synthetic pharmacuetial companies, with drugs produced from chemicals coming out of the petrochemical industry they owned.

Look at what they did - they created a federal government with bureaucracies like the FDA (like the FBI, created at the behest of the Rockellfeller family) to crush legacy plant-based medicines that dominated the medical industry before the World War era. Cannabis, opium, coca, the psychedelics, they knocked out the entire catalog of all the most critical and widely used medicines of human history. All to pave the way for "blockbuster" corporate drug products. People used cocaine drops to numb the teeth of their friggin babies before Prohibition! Like most plant medicines, it was non-toxic.

Here we are 100 years later and many are surprised at coercive public health measures and "medical tyranny". Cheap, generic ivermectin literally taken off the market and removed from drug stores around the world to clear the path for toxic blockbuster vaccines and remesdevir, a new drug with a price tag in the thousands. As Ziggy Marley sang "Don't know your past, don't know your future" It's the same shit all over again. I'm learning how to grow opium poppies and I"m curious about coca - can the plant be grown here? Growing some coca bushes is on my to-do list as well.

Coca is a highly adaptable and relatively easy to grow plant. However, it's seeds are not viable for long, and the same with cuttings, so it's not grown outside of it's natural habitat that often. Plus it takes literal acres and a lot of prohibited chemicals to produce a decent amount of cocaine. The leaves themselves can be chewed, when mixed with a little lime, and that will produce mildly stimulating effects, as well as help with headaches, altitude sickness, and many other ailments. Like cannabis, it's a special plant that deserves it's rightful place in natural medicine, but hey, it's hard to make money of nature...

Also, haven't heard much from that game for quite a while, but I know some would have killed for 15 a key back in the day lol, 19 was the go and that was considered cheap back in the early 00's...

moose eater

I googled coke prices and this came up. UK was the most expensive:
https://www.statista.com/chart/18527/cocaine-retail-steet-prices-in-selected-countries/

As of a couple years ago, crank/meth coming into the USA across the Mexican Border (a lot of it coming in that way, as well as from other various origins) was pushing coke out of the market. Both products ended up typically being 'cleaner' than has often been the case so far down the chain. Uncut, clean methamphetamine was going for ~$200/oz. in Arizona and parts of Southern California. Way more than that in the northern Midwest at that time ("location, location, location"). 1/8 oz. of fairly clean coke was going for $80 to $120 in the Tucson, Arizona area, depending on the source, etc.

In 1983 in Alaska, the average State Trooper-confiscated coke, much of it from low-level busts from the bars around Fairbanks ranged, from 8% to 11% in purity; a LOT of baby laxative, vitamin B, xylocaine., etc. was going up less-connected folks' noses. They were sometimes easier to spot; folks with lotsa' cut in their blow had the greater frequency of nosebleeds. (Good reason to avoid bars, by the way, includes the UC cops, hustlers, snitches and thieves who all like to frequent such places.. and drinking better alcohol at home involves fewer assholes, fewer risks, & for FAR less money).

People very near me were selling 92% pure uncut coke back then, straight off the block, for all of 50% more in price than the bar garbage, but uncut.

It really is a matter of who you know, as well as regional pricing.

But chewing coca leaf is WAY better than coffee, and not anywhere in the same ballpark as snorting a fat line of 92% uncut. I suspect the USA's GDP would increase markedly if laborers were permitted to chew some leaf through the day.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
As of a couple years ago, crank/meth coming into the USA across the Mexican Border (a lot of it coming in that way, as well as from other various origins) was pushing coke out of the market. Both products ended up typically being 'cleaner' than has often been the case so far down the chain. Uncut, clean methamphetamine was going for ~$200/oz. in Arizona and parts of Southern California. Way more than that in the northern Midwest at that time ("location, location, location"). 1/8 oz. of fairly clean coke was going for $80 to $120 in the Tucson, Arizona area, depending on the source, etc.

In 1983 in Alaska, the average State Trooper-confiscated coke, much of it from low-level busts from the bars around Fairbanks ranged, from 8% to 11% in purity; a LOT of baby laxative, vitamin B, xylocaine., etc. was going up less-connected folks' noses. They were sometimes easier to spot; folks with lotsa' cut in their blow had the greater frequency of nosebleeds. (Good reason to avoid bars, by the way, includes the UC cops, hustlers, snitches and thieves who all like to frequent such places.. and drinking better alcohol at home involves fewer assholes, fewer risks, & for FAR less money).

People very near me were selling 92% pure uncut coke back then, straight off the block, for all of 50% more in price than the bar garbage, but uncut.

It really is a matter of who you know, as well as regional pricing.

But chewing coca leaf is WAY better than coffee, and not anywhere in the same ballpark as snorting a fat line of 92% uncut. I suspect the USA's GDP would increase markedly if laborers were permitted to chew some leaf through the day.

Moose.....my brother from another mother.......:wave:

I haven't been on the Pablo Escobar Diet Plan for over 20 years now, and have no future plans on re-joining thank you. However, my steel bear trap memory recalls scoring cartel direct 8 balls of puro/mother of pearl for $80 bucks, circa 1994.

As far as quality is concerned, coke is the opposite of weed. Today's marching powder isn't close to the quality of days of old. Back in the 70's & 80's, ether was readily available to extract the paste from the leaves. Uncle Sam got wise, restricted and then banned all exports of ether making it extremely difficult to source. That's when the cartels started using kerosene, and whatever else was cheap or readily available. Hence, that's why todays yayo tastes like a toxic fuel spill.

Just sayin'.......:shucks:

RMS

moose eater

Moose.....my brother from another mother.......:wave:

I haven't been on the Pablo Escobar Diet Plan for over 20 years now, and have no future plans on re-joining thank you. However, my steel bear trap memory recalls scoring cartel direct 8 balls of puro/mother of pearl for $80 bucks, circa 1994.

As far as quality is concerned, coke is the opposite of weed. Today's marching powder isn't close to the quality of days of old. Back in the 70's & 80's, ether was readily available to extract the paste from the leaves. Uncle Sam got wise, restricted and then banned all exports of ether making it extremely difficult to source. That's when the cartels started using kerosene, and whatever else was cheap or readily available. Hence, that's why todays yayo tastes like a toxic fuel spill.

Just sayin'.......:shucks:

RMS

The early to mid-1980's was the tail end of the ether-refined days. Acetone-refined cocaine became the norm, with diesel and other solvents being used in the jungle at the paste phase, until it could be better refined later on, but the ether-refined coke was, by far, superior.

Reagan believed that restricting ether would reduce the readily available cocaine, similarly to Nixon believing that spraying paraquat would lead to folks reducing their cannabis intake. It didn't. Just had more folks smoking paraquat-affected pot.

But chewing coca leaf largely remained the same, experientially. Leaf was leaf.

And no, if I did anything even remotely approaching the volume of uncut blow I once used to ingest, it'd likely kill me. My metabolism now is way different than what it was back then. I tell people that it literally changed my metabolism. Literally.

"That was then, and this is now..."

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
The early to mid-1980's was the tail end of the ether-refined days. Acetone-refined cocaine became the norm, with diesel and other solvents being used in the jungle at the paste phase, until it could be better refined later on, but the ether-refined coke was, by far, superior.

Reagan believed that restricting ether would reduce the readily available cocaine, similarly to Nixon believing that spraying paraquat would lead to folks reducing their cannabis intake. It didn't. Just had more folks smoking paraquat-affected pot.

But chewing coca leaf largely remained the same, experientially. Leaf was leaf.

And no, if I did anything even remotely approaching the volume of uncut blow I once used to ingest, it'd likely kill me. My metabolism now is way different than what it was back then. I tell people that it literally changed my metabolism. Literally.

"That was then, and this is now..."

:whistling:

Moose, I fondly remember sitting down with you over a coffee, exchanging old war stories from the past........:wave:. Today, all the money in China wouldn't convince me to try a bump......:covereyes:........ besides, I too would probably internally explode......:smoky:. The above scene from the movie blow is accurate for except one important thing. Mother of Pearl doesn't gag you right away. It takes a few minutes to achieve full efficacy. Shitty coke numbs you out much quicker.

RMS

Brother Nature

The more you learn the more you know, the more you know the better you grow... :D :skiiing: :plant grow:

Wish I could source one of those lovely bushes down here, would happily replace my coffee habit with a bit of chew...

Brother Nature

Hehe, interesting, I'd actually not looked online for quite a while, but there seems to be a few legit places offering them now, plus coca tea which would be a nice thing to try.

It's always fun to grow new things too!

Cheers for the inspiration RMS.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
The more you learn the more you know, the more you know the better you grow... :D :skiiing: :plant grow:

Wish I could source one of those lovely bushes down here, would happily replace my coffee habit with a bit of chew...

im sure you can , i have one in my yard , had some seed on it last i looked ,
i found the effects reasonably mild ,
but you finish a tough job before you know it , makes it seem effortless like it was a bit of a dream ....

Brother Nature

im sure you can , i have one in my yard , had some seed on it last i looked ,
i found the effects reasonably mild ,
but you finish a tough job before you know it , makes it seem effortless like it was a bit of a dream ....

I've been researching a bit on it today now and it seems easy enough, the seeds and shrubs aren't even illegal here, so that's a plus. You guys over the pond even have a variety in the same family, think the local name is dogwood? Apparently it's active alkaloids are not the same as the south american varieties, though still stimulating.

Haven't had any lines in a very long time, shit's crazy expensive here and considering how far we are from the source, I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to find anything as pure as what we used to get over the boarder in my younger, wilder days. Would just be nice to grow the plant next to my San Pedro, poppies, and tobacco, round out my 'organic medicine garden' haha.

Latest posts

Latest posts