What's new

MEDMAKER420 a.K.a the Aardvark 2012 MMJ Grow Show

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I'll go back and look for the video..I'll be honest, I've read the entire thread...haven't looked at all the videos.

I didn't see the 200x3w...but I was looking at the 240x3w unit which measures 37". That would cover my canopy nicely. With that unit, I would definitely follow your advice and do a mover. After all it's 510w of TRUE power!!? I would need to move that...I'm not afraid to match the wattage of my 600w HPS, but I'm not looking to do MORE!!

I might even start with one of those and cover the "end" of my 2 tables...my 600w adjust a wing can cover 5x3.5' pretty effectively. If the LED can take up the remaining 2x4'...should be all set.

Do you think you're getting close to a GPW?? (true led power)
Or let's at least say matching your HPS draw per watt.??

If that's possible I could feasibly go with 2 of those 240x3w units both on a mover over the 2 tables and be all set.

That's my thought at the moment anyway...

Who knows...impressive work to say the least. If I lived in a "free" state as you do. I would definitely be playing in the genetic pool as much as you are. For now I will live vicariously...paranoia sucks!!

Keep Goin!!View Image

I will look through the kill a watt pics and post them up once I find them. I am not sure if I am hitting 1gpw since they are going in perpetual ( 4 under each light first cycle, then next cycle went in 3/4 weeks after, then 3rd cycle went in 2 weeks after ). I do think that once dialed in though a 200x3w in a 2x4 should easily do 1gpw with the right clone/strain.

I don't know if I will hit it this first cycle but now that I have certain keeper phenos that I see growing better under these leds than others, I see it being more than doable.

What I am wanting to focus on is growing 8 two ounce plants under a 200x3w panel. I want to keep dialing in that setup whether that be using 2 gallon or 3 gallon containers (1.7+ gpw based on 300 watts). I saw the best gpw list in the led section here on icmag and there are ALOT of impressive yields listed so far so it seems more than doable once optimized.

I think the 2x4 grow area is perfect for these panels and the larger panels will only cover it better and allow you to have the panels closer IF needed.

As far as my comparison growing under leds versus hps. I think 300 watt panels can keep up with a 600 hps once dialed in with the right strains. That is something I want to keep working towards and see which strain/pheno can achieve the best yields that also finish quickly.

I just can't wait to see how the 2013 led grow show goes and compare next years gpp ( grams per plant ) versus this years gpp. I think going by gpw and gpp are both worth tracking especially when growing perpetual style.

California has its ups and downs with our med laws. They give us collectives, then ban them, then remove the ability to grow outside, patient to patient exchanges being banned in certain cities among plenty of other b.s. It used to be much more med friendly but glad we still have what we have.

Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Germination Updates

Germination Updates

attachment.php

The Casey's Cousin x Sour Diesel IBL is doing GREAT, followed up by cheesedog.

attachment.php

The old time moonshine has sprouted ONE that I can see so far and the white rhino looks to have one just under the surface. I think in a couple days, the full germination ratios will be known.

attachment.php

I am hoping to get more of the OTM and White Rhino to sprout so I can locate keepers within those strains.

attachment.php

Overall I am happy with the growth I am seeing in flower, I think getting 1-2 ounce plants ( depending on pheno and strain ) by putting 6-8 ( 2 gallon pots ) girls under each 300 watt panel is more than doable.

I also took an open shot of one of the flowering panels for anyone interested.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 18
  • 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 17

medmaker420

Veteran
Here are some more update shots from week seven flowering

Here are some more update shots from week seven flowering

Here are some shots of the week 7 girls. There are alot of them and I can only upload 5 pics per post so I will get some pics and videos uploaded for anyone following along to check out.

attachment.php

I am in love with the jackpot royale. Now I didn't get that pheno that they picture ( the pic that SOLD the jackpot royale ) but certain phenos are DENSE and flower FAST which are PERFECT for the grow style I am after currently.

attachment.php

The jedi kush is doing decent as well and I was able to locate a few keeper phenos as well. I am still trying to sort out which Aardvarks Mix ( my own pollen chuck crosses ) are worth keeping a cut in veg for but once I learn the answer you will see pics of those keepers as well.

attachment.php

I am excited to see how the next 2 cycles go because by then these panels should be more than dialed in and kicking out solid yields using the right strains.

attachment.php

I am still going to be testing new soil mixes and nutrients to further maximize my grows but coco and soil both seem to do fine under the leds and having less heat is doing great for the feed/water cycles.

Here is some lower growth, happy with the penetration of the panels
attachment.php

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 18

vukman

Veteran
I also took an open shot of one of the flowering panels for anyone interested.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=193212&stc=1&d=1353249715

Thank you so much my friend and brother.. You have no idea how much this image has assisted me in designing and planning for future projects!!

I see they've used 5 drivers plus a driver each for 2 fans.. The layout is actually similar to what I did even without seeing this..:)...what is that about great minds....ahahahhah..

Bro, I am just in awe over the size of some of those buds after 7 weeks!! Still hard to believe it's been that long but.....

Excellent work my friend... just fucking phenomenal!!! :yes::yes:

medmaker420

Veteran
More week seven budding pics

More week seven budding pics

Here are some more shots

attachment.php

I have a ton of pics that I take and can only toss up 5 per post and why I love doing the pic videos because it lets me use all of the pics I am taking versus just a few.

attachment.php

I am still stoked that the growth of these girls is from 300 watts of leds. These are still in smaller containers than I am running with the latest girls so my yields per plant should continue improving as I keep perpetual cycling.

attachment.php

The lady berry kush and kushy haze girls are doing GREAT as well and starting to pack on some hairs. Some are HUNGRY and others are average eaters and more green. I love the lbk phenos that I have found in previous grows and the kushy haze is POTENT wowee.

attachment.php

A couple more weeks and all of the first cycle will be finished so I can start averaging my grams per plant. I do know that certain jackpot royale phenos will be ran all of 2013 at minimum because they are FAST, DENSE and IF they smoke decent I can't see any reason not to.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 13
  • 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 15

Keep goin

I will look through the kill a watt pics and post them up once I find them.

Thanks a lot...they (growblu) actually puts it right up on their site. So no worries...you have enough going on!!

I do think that once dialed in though a 200x3w in a 2x4 should easily do 1gpw with the right clone/strain.

Yeah, it seems like you are getting pretty "chunky" results that should hit that mark pretty readily.

What I am wanting to focus on is growing 8 two ounce plants under a 200x3w panel.

If you can get that many under there, you shouldn't have any problem hitting that mark!!

I think the 2x4 grow area is perfect for these panels and the larger panels will only cover it better and allow you to have the panels closer IF needed.

Well, like I mentioned...I didn't see the 200x3 units on the growblu site !?? I only see the 180x3 and the 240x3. So, not sure if it's the 180x3 you are working with? If it is...that's good news about the coverage. I just want to be sure I get the full 4' of coverage, that's all. I have "fallen" for the manufacturers "claimed" coverage before. (and been disappointed) Hearing it from a hands on tester like yourself is much more convincing.

As far as my comparison growing under leds versus hps. I think 300 watt panels can keep up with a 600 hps once dialed in with the right strains.

That's good news...I love LED's, but I NEED to be able to match my 600w HPS before making the "full switch".

I just can't wait to see how the 2013 led grow show goes and compare next years gpp ( grams per plant ) versus this years gpp. I think going by gpw and gpp are both worth tracking especially when growing perpetual style.

I would agree...I can't wait to see that too! I also think those additional comparisons are important.

Keep up the good work.

California has its ups and downs with our med laws. They give us collectives, then ban them, then remove the ability to grow outside, patient to patient exchanges being banned in certain cities among plenty of other b.s. It used to be much more med friendly but glad we still have what we have.

Yeah, ups and downs for sure...one of the problems with the state vs. federal laws (the gray area) and not everyone being "into" it...I think you'll always have the "johnny law" types fighting back for the side of repression and punishment.
But I was more referring to the "freedom" of feeling comfortable ordering "things"...whether it be lights, or seeds, etc. Without being overly worried about it. That's where you have a true advantage. You can be a bit more "open" about it (I would imagine anyway)?!

Thanks again, keep up the good work...!!

medmaker420

Veteran
attachment.php

Yeah, ups and downs for sure...one of the problems with the state vs. federal laws (the gray area) and not everyone being "into" it...I think you'll always have the "johnny law" types fighting back for the side of repression and punishment.
But I was more referring to the "freedom" of feeling comfortable ordering "things"...whether it be lights, or seeds, etc. Without being overly worried about it. That's where you have a true advantage. You can be a bit more "open" about it (I would imagine anyway)?!

Thanks again, keep up the good work...!!

I still worry when I order stuff, legal or not you still have to be paranoid about security risks whether that be neighbors or the damn mail delivery personal themselves.

attachment.php

Just ordering stuff online and it getting delivered in its original packaging can be a dead giveaway and stressful. For example, I ordered a large grow tent and the box it was shipped in had a big "hydroponics indoor garden tent" plastered all over the side and top.

attachment.php

I still take grow gear into the grow areas at night and as fast as possible whether I am legal or not. If the feds wanted small timers such as myself then I would think they should have better things to do with their time lol but am more worried about security risks more than anything which leads to grow odor, not LOOKING like a grow area, house, warehouse etc.

attachment.php

Now if I lived outside of California and without a med card, I too would odds are be even more restrictive as far as what I bought and how it was delivered/shipped. I think seeds are the safest grow supply that gets shipped because 9 out of 10 times they are shipped pretty darn stealthy.

attachment.php

It is irritating that people need to be scared to garden, you think people would have grown passed their stupidity by now.

Hopefully your state will be med/weed friendly soon

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Germination LED Updates

Germination LED Updates

So far this little 45 watt light is doing great germinating these beans. I have the 14 watt panel over my cloner and they are pushing roots in 4 days under it which is promising for sure.

attachment.php

I am happy to see some white rhino and old time moonshine seedlings break ground. I was a little worried at first BUT they are slowly starting to show themselves.

attachment.php

Once these veg for a few weeks, I will then toss them under the flowering led panels and sex them and see how many females I ended up with overall.

attachment.php

I have a keeper chemmy jones male ( the one with 6 shoots ) but I think I will just cull all the males for right now so I can better use my plant count more efficiently especially since I KNOW I won't be doing any pollen chucking until the next summer at the earliest.

attachment.php

I will just kick myself later for killin off any keeper males but I can't keep a ton of males in veg while trying to optimize my grow areas by locating keeper females currently.

I will be separating all of these seedlings and putting them in their individual containers in the next day or two. I like doing group germination versus individual containers especially when space needs to be managed. You just don't let them grow for too long together or you will end up having to deal with tangled up root systems.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 13

vukman

Veteran
hmm...sad to see that the 'White Rhino" is doing so poorly (for want of a better word).. I am really interested in that strain from what I've seen and read about it....I also like to cheer for the underdog as well.:D.....hehehe

Do I even need to add that everything else looks spectacular??

medmaker420

Veteran
11-21 pics
attachment.php

hmm...sad to see that the 'White Rhino" is doing so poorly (for want of a better word).. I am really interested in that strain from what I've seen and read about it....I also like to cheer for the underdog as well......hehehe

Do I even need to add that everything else looks spectacular??

they could just be late to crack

11-21 pics
attachment.php

It looks like the casey's cousin x sour diesel ibl was the fastest to germinate and sprout followed by the cheesedog then the old time moonshine and then the white rhino.

11-21 pics
attachment.php

The white rhino was actually one of the first strains I ever ran and is why I got another pack, brings back old fun memories and the rhino can YIELD with the right pheno and did great as meds from what I remember.

11-21 pics
attachment.php

Most of the widows and rhinos aren't around here anymore and have been replaced with og's or purples and thought I needed to bring back some of the white strains to my garden.

11-21 pics
attachment.php

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
11 21 update pics
attachment.php

oh how i miss the days of havin a 10x13 room for veg. All killer strains to select from, cant wait to see the OTM in action.

11 21 update pics
attachment.php

I can't wait to see what the OTM can do as well and hope more start to pop above the soil. I am hoping to have enough so I can actually go pheno hunting versus just having one or two females to choose from.

11 21 update pics
attachment.php

I BELIEVE they will start sprouting and believe there will be plenty of killer females to choose from. Putting some good growing vibes out to the universe

11 21 update pics
attachment.php

and one more
11 21 update pic of the latest germinating strains
attachment.php

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Doing some up potting this weekend, going to take all of the casey's cousin x sour diesel ibl, cheesedog, white rhino and otm that sprouted and put them in their own containers. I am also taking all of the clones that are rooting under the 14 watt panel out and putting them in their own containers as well since they have plenty of roots ( will take pics and post them ).

I am happy to see a 14 watt panel doing just fine rooting clones because that is next to no power being used ( around 9 watts I believe it registered at with the kill a watt meter ) which is perfect for anyone who cuts clones, patient to patient exchanges etc. I am running a 20/21 site aero bucket cloner and it + the led panel performed EXCELLENT!

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and spends time with family, friends and loved ones.

vukman

Veteran
Doing some up potting this weekend, going to take all of the casey's cousin x sour diesel ibl, cheesedog, white rhino and otm that sprouted and put them in their own containers. I am also taking all of the clones that are rooting under the 14 watt panel out and putting them in their own containers as well since they have plenty of roots ( will take pics and post them ).

I am happy to see a 14 watt panel doing just fine rooting clones because that is next to no power being used ( around 9 watts I believe it registered at with the kill a watt meter ) which is perfect for anyone who cuts clones, patient to patient exchanges etc. I am running a 20/21 site aero bucket cloner and it + the led panel performed EXCELLENT!

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and spends time with family, friends and loved ones.

Nice, I'm glad to see that my '14 watt' is not going to go to waste...I have some wattage tests of that thing somewhere but 7 or 8 watts sounds about right..

there it is...:)..........I wasn't sure if it was going to be okay for cloning so thank you my friend and brother for letting me know that it's good for that purpose..

medmaker420

Veteran
Nice, I'm glad to see that my '14 watt' is not going to go to waste...I have some wattage tests of that thing somewhere but 7 or 8 watts sounds about right..
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=38604&pictureid=931132&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
there it is...:)..........I wasn't sure if it was going to be okay for cloning so thank you my friend and brother for letting me know that it's good for that purpose..

I think it is PERFECT for the job actually. Running next to no watts and still able to get roots in under 5 days WORKS FOR ME :tiphat:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Keep goin

So...I've been in touch with Growblu about the 200x3w unit you are using. They aren't going to carry it!!? They are only going to carry the 180x3 and the 240x3.

Are you running the 180 also?? Just wondering about the "actual" footprint it's going to cover. I'm looking at that one for my bloom set up.

I was asking them about light options for my veg set up...the 64x3 seems right for my needs in terms of coverage and wattage...but they don't offer it in the VEG spectrum.

They only offer the veg spectrum in the 120x3. Too much wattage for my needs. And I only have a 1.5x4' area to cover, so it didn't seem like a fit for me all around. Their own site only claims a 36" coverage from the 120x3. Yet they're trying to convince me the 120 would cover my 4 foot space!!?

They're lucky to have someone like you testing for them, so I'm able to see the results and still want their "spectrum specific" lights. Because it's exactly those kind of wild claims that have gotten LED manufacturers and retailers in trouble in the past. Don't say something is going to work if it won't!!

vukman

Veteran
I think it is PERFECT for the job actually. Running next to no watts and still able to get roots in under 5 days WORKS FOR ME :tiphat:

nice......and like you said...pulling next to no power (as you see, mine is at 7w).....you can't go wrong!!

When we get the new place going, I might just grab a few more of those for my 'experiments'...;-)

Your grow is looking phenomenal brother.. Some of those buds look better than if grown under high power HID's!! I'm sure the quality is better, the only deal-making or breaking item remains the weight and again...W vs W the LEDs kick ass!!

medmaker420

Veteran
Here is the week 7 bloom update video
[YOUTUBEIF]MgWdD8C_RUQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

nice......and like you said...pulling next to no power (as you see, mine is at 7w).....you can't go wrong!!

When we get the new place going, I might just grab a few more of those for my 'experiments'...;-)

Your grow is looking phenomenal brother.. Some of those buds look better than if grown under high power HID's!! I'm sure the quality is better, the only deal-making or breaking item remains the weight and again...W vs W the LEDs kick ass!!

Yes I am happy with the 14 watters so far with the clones. On the yields, I am more than pleased with the plant growth especially when realizing they are pushing under 400 watts a piece. I just can't wait to see how I progress with each new cycle as I dial in which phenos and strains work best in my grow environment.

Here are some lady berry kush and kushy haze from Field Marshall Seeds
attachment.php

Still want to focus on the 8/10 plant per panel but at the same time I think seeing how 4/6 plants due under the panels in larger containers would be worth testing out as well. No matter what, growing is fun all its own and trying out different grow ideas is what keeps things interesting :artist:

Another happy girl in early flower
attachment.php

So...I've been in touch with Growblu about the 200x3w unit you are using. They aren't going to carry it!!? They are only going to carry the 180x3 and the 240x3.

Are you running the 180 also?? Just wondering about the "actual" footprint it's going to cover. I'm looking at that one for my bloom set up.

I was asking them about light options for my veg set up...the 64x3 seems right for my needs in terms of coverage and wattage...but they don't offer it in the VEG spectrum.

They only offer the veg spectrum in the 120x3. Too much wattage for my needs. And I only have a 1.5x4' area to cover, so it didn't seem like a fit for me all around. Their own site only claims a 36" coverage from the 120x3. Yet they're trying to convince me the 120 would cover my 4 foot space!!?

They're lucky to have someone like you testing for them, so I'm able to see the results and still want their "spectrum specific" lights. Because it's exactly those kind of wild claims that have gotten LED manufacturers and retailers in trouble in the past. Don't say something is going to work if it won't!!

The 180x3w is flower panel #1 that I am testing ( the white one ) and the rest are 200x3w and noted within this thread and the video updates. I know this thread is getting big so there is alot to go through though. I wrote you a pm about specifics but wanted to toss out some thoughts on coverage. The 180x3w has the same coverage as the 200x3w because they are pretty much the same exact sized panel. They all are just setup a bit different, the #1 flower panel for example is setup more modular like #4 and #5 and then you have flower panel #2 and #3 which are full panels with leds throughout the entire panel versus the modular style.

Here are some of the next batch that are getting sexed and can't wait to see what sort of phenos come out of these
attachment.php

As far as what panels they have in stock, what panels they will stock etc, I am unsure of but I do know the reason I am testing these 5 flower panels is due to them all being almost the same exact size panel wise however all are running different spectrums. All are being tested in 2x4 grow areas but I do know they could cover a larger canopy, it isn't however since leds all point down ( dependent on lens angle ) they don't offer the spread a 360 degree bulb can ( odds are people can understand why ).

I think testing these panels in larger areas and see at what distance the buds become fluffy, less yield or other issues arise would be an important test. Can these cover a 4x4 canopy? I am not sure of that personally since I haven't tried growing with these panels in a 4x4 and I would odds are still want 2 to cover the canopy OR set the light on a mover. Until tested though, it is just opinion.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

vukman

Veteran
nice.........week 7 huh?? I still can't believe that time went by that quickly....but thinking about it...yeah, it's been that long. Seems like a month ago that I was saying I lost my grandmother but that was Aug 11th.....:(

Time is coming close to start thinking about flushing I would think.. I don't know about the strains you're running so I don't know their flowering times. I don't really go by time. I look at the trichomes and judge from there. The time factor for me is just a rough estimate to know where things are approximately...

None the less man...looks fucking awesome and I'm sure the bud is going to be A+ top shelf!!