What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical is finished in California

G

guest8905

Trinity county is up with the poorest in the state. They really don't have the funds or man power to regulate this law, or to fight the court battles that may be coming soon. But that doesn't mean federal funds/ assistance wont be allocated.

StickKy

opt1c

Veteran
You can't even grow personal outdoor meds in unincorporated areas of fresno county; that hasn't been challenged yet; but with outdoor season coming up and unincorporated areas of the county comprising the richest farmland in the state it'll be interesting to see what happens.

S

Smoke Buddy

I dont know if medical marijuana is finished in Cali, but counties and cities are figuring out they can regulate it pretty heavily at the local level. Rocklin city council voted no outdoor grows and a 1200w limit indoors... I just wonder if they are going to try and get PG&E to share smart meter data so they can enforce it... or if PG&E would even share the records... I think Ive heard they are resistant to sharing without a warrant. Anybody know?

-----------------
http://placerherald.com/detail/168026.html

Pot ordinance draws community ire
Despite being shamed, city votes to regulate marijuana grows
By Jon Brines, Placer Herald Correspondent

A medical marijuana patient shamed the Rocklin City Council after the unanimous approval of the city’s new ordinance to regulate the cultivation of medical marijuana.

mrktwiz

You can't even grow personal outdoor meds in unincorporated areas of fresno county; that hasn't been challenged yet; but with outdoor season coming up and unincorporated areas of the county comprising the richest farmland in the state it'll be interesting to see what happens.

shout out to another Fresno homey....(actually I grew up in Madera or as we called it "Madreery")....nice to see valley peeps here!

the Rock

shout out to another Fresno homey....(actually I grew up in Madera or as we called it "Madreery")....nice to see valley peeps here!

yeah ive spent time in the central valley (Clovis) my daughter going to FSU and living for free in an old grow house I bought 20 years ago (its been remodeled) moved to the hills north of santa cruz and havent looked back,where are you near? ktwiz

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
seems to my recollecting there's always been this 100sqft/99 plant guideline for indoor along with up to date scripts , but 1rst time hearing of this for the OD...no thats not true , have heard for greenhouses the same parameters have been in place too . Generally in my county which is the most tolerant in Ca if you stay somewhere close to this indoor guideline with scripts you're not ever harassed , but other counties not so easy going . Best thing is to fly low & clear & always has been ...though some of these larger OD grows pulled in this year up in NorCal amazed in that they didn't get visited .

And whats been going on with those proposed Med grows in Oakland ? Last thing i heard is a federal DA was putting the city council on notice that they would be facing potential fed prosecution if these were to go thru ? Cali let the med scene proliferate , now faces the challenge of regulation which started in earnest in LA june 7th when so many dispensaries were forced into closing .

Moritorrium in effect including legal collectives paying tax and regged with sec of state.
I asked for job retraining and social services. 5x5 100sf.

100 ft setback from neighbor.

Including non conforming use (co-opps) that were legal and regged before the passing
Of this morritorium.

Small homes on 1/4 acre may not grow outside because no setback.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
If all Growers moved the fuck out of that County...and refused to spend any of their $$ there...these places might reconsider--
WTF does Trinity have going for it, besides growing weed??:tiphat:

mrktwiz

Oakland City Council Weighs Changes To Pot Farm Law

Oakland City Council Weighs Changes To Pot Farm Law

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland City Council Tuesday night considered new proposal that would revamp the city's controversial ordinance outlining regulations for pot farms producing medical marijuana.Oakland was the first U.S. city to tax medical marijuana dispensaries and plans to be the first to allow and tax commercial pot growing."

The reality is that this is a big industry that is currently not regulated," said Councilwoman Desley Brooks.But the city's first crack at regulating large scale marijuana growing operations raised many legal questions and the federal government issued a warning.Oakland's own city attorney refused to sign off on it and Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O'Malley sent a letter warning Oakland officials that the ordinance violated state law."We were told that we needed to do something to signal to the Feds that we weren't trying to thumb our nose at them," said Brooks.

On Tuesday night, Brooks introduced changes to the ordinance including limiting the size of the five permitted farms to 50,000 square feet each."Hopefully it's closer aligned with the attorney general guidelines and won't put the city or the cultivators at risk," Brooks said.But critics of the pot cultivation ordinance remain. The city attorney has yet sign off on this new version and current dispensary owners said they stand to lose business.

Marc Terbeek, an attorney who works with cannabis growers, said the large-scale growers would drive up prices, putting a burden on existing dispensaries."I am gravely concerned about the ordinance in it's present form is a substantial step backward from Oakland's historic leadership role on medical cannabis," said Terbeek.The new proposal will go to the public safety committee for consideration next week.

STFU

Marc Terbeek, an attorney who works with cannabis growers, said the large-scale growers would drive up prices, putting a burden on existing dispensaries.

Wait what? This guy sounds like a dipshit.. Trinity seems to be shooting themselves in their foot, and to be honest this whole cali med thing is really starting to get on my nerves with all this flip flopping bs. Im buying a place in CO and chilling for 2 years.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Move to wine country and be done with it :biggrin:

ddrew

Veteran
it's called backlash..
there will be more
Yep
I can't help but think that if 19 had passed, they wouldn't be trying to pull this bullshit.

You guys made your bed, looks like you have to lay in it now.
You can't say you weren't warned about this kind of thing happening.

Seismic

Yep
I can't help but think that if 19 had passed, they wouldn't be trying to pull this bullshit.

You guys made your bed, looks like you have to lay in it now.
You can't say you weren't warned about this kind of thing happening.

And I can't help but think if all the complainers who don't even live in California would quit they're bitching and move out here to try and make an actual difference through voting, then we might actually have had a chance with prop19 passing. But thinking that prop19 failed because all the growers didn't get out there and vote is naive and ignorant. So by all means, ddrew and others like you, keep on talking shit from the sidelines, I am sure it will help:)

the_more_you_know2.jpg

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Heres an update from the local Redding Newspaper...

Heres an update from the local Redding Newspaper...

Trinity supervisors OK temporary moratorium on large-scale, residential medical marijuana growing operations

Trinity County supervisors on Wednesday night approved a 45-day moratorium on large-scale medical marijuana growing operations in the county’s residential neighborhoods.

The board approved the temporary urgency moratorium on a 5-0 vote, Board of Supervisors Chairman Judy Morris said.

About 100 people attended the meeting inside the Trinity County Library in Weaverville, Morris said.
The meeting lasted about 3½ hours.

Though pot growing has become a major source of income for the economically depressed rural county about an hour’s drive west of Redding, the county’s Planning Commission last month voted to recommend the supervisors temporarily ban large grow operations in neighborhoods county-wide after complaints they were becoming too large and unsafe.

There are also complaints that many of the grows are really just farms that sell pot to out-of-towners "whose status as qualified patients is questionable," county documents show.

The moratorium isn’t intended to affect medical marijuana patients who grow plants for themselves under Prop. 215 guidelines.
“We don’t want to harm the person growing for themselves,” Morris said.

Trinity officials hope the moratorium will allow more time to come up with a plan to regulate and issue permits, county planners said.

http://www.redding.com/news/2011/feb/02/trinity-supervisors-ok-temporary-moratorium-large/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IMB :)

Latest posts

Latest posts