What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical is finished in California

This boiler plate legal decision im afraid is rock solid and legal,
NO collective growing anymore over 100 sf (Thats cubed)
Thats what, one plant.

To sum it up, growing personal medicine is legal but they used zoning laws that can require extreme regulations now.

Example, 30 acres,

http://www.canorml.org/prop/BrowneRuling.pdf

http://www.canorml.org/news/tehamafiling.html

I guess im going to be homeless as I grew for a collective that followed every single point of law.

Coming to a city near you!
http://www.trinitycounty.org/departments/admin-bos-cao/Agenda Min/Backup20110202/202.pdf

Buchanan bill (HSC 11362.768), which explicitly states that nothing shall prohibit local govts from passing ordinances "further restricting the location or establishment of a MMJ coop, collective, dispensary, operator, establishment or provider."

Im unable to edit my thread...

CALIFORNIA CODES
HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE
SECTION 11362.7-11362.83

(f) Nothing in this section shall prohibit a city, county, or city
and county from adopting ordinances or policies that further
restrict the location or establishment of a medical marijuana
cooperative, collective, dispensary, operator, establishment, or
provider.

So they can say, "Sure you can grow but you need to be 1000ft from your neighbor, that pretty much covers every one.

G

guest8905

Thank you for the informative post. I am sorry for you Trinity county growers. I read this last night and thought what a shame. Also I am sorry to hear about your housing situation, I do hope you are able to get back growing soon!

StickKy

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
100sq,ft is a 10' x 10 room, that's like 100 plants and 6-8,000watts, for a single person that's huge, i know, i am licensed and grow in canada eh. and my room is not nearl that big. like 4' x 8' and I am a-ok, fitting 50 girls all giving a half oz or more... plus I only use under 2000watts...

G

guest8905

I believe what JayTrinity is really trying to convey is the tactic used here to manipulate the MMJ laws in California

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
this would be huge news all over the place

why isn't this mentioned anywhere or why haven't i heard about this?

wheres VTA?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I just read the whole thing, but can't see how this directly affects more than Tehama. Other counties are free to decide their own interpretations, and can cite this case as precedent. Counties that choose to not have a marijuana cultivation ordinance will remain largely unchanged. Any lawyers care to comment?

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
krunch, its been happenin for a lil bit now as i understand it. I have a friend who attended the meetin.

mrktwiz

I just read the whole thing, but can't see how this directly affects more than Tehama. Other counties are free to decide their own interpretations, and can cite this case as precedent. Counties that choose to not have a marijuana cultivation ordinance will remain largely unchanged. Any lawyers care to comment?

This is correct, for instance in Santa Cruz County it is 100 sq feet OF CANOPY, trust me I can grow PLENTY of boo in fact I have both an indoor and (soon as April hits) a backyard deck and I will have met my 100 sq ft of canopy.

Now this is for Santa Cruz County alone, I checked this with my lawyer who has several of the collectives locally as clients as well so he is pretty dialed in locally.

I am not sure even what the next county over (Monterey County) is allowed I only made sure what MY county rules are.

Good luck all

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

i JUST got off the phone with my lawyer. she and Omar Figuroa have not heard about this, and she said dont worry in the slightest bit....