What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical is finished in California

S

Smoke Buddy

Its cheap becuase there are no jobs there. Its a depressed situation. Without the cannabis the whole area would be deserted... LOL well, maybe not deserted but the salmon and the lumber industries are a shadow of their former selves...
:rasta:

The shops are nice and filled with food and goods.
The hardware store/hydro sellers have a $200,000 motor home coach and I think opened up a second hydro in Humboldt that is doing very well "Ace hardware"

Once the bulk of the money vanishes then the "Widget sellers" the shoe shops, the beer sellers, everything... the party will be over.

Face it, the main job is not timber or tourism its social security fraud!
State workers used to make up the bulk of the income but most all of it is now slashed and half time.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
You can't even grow personal outdoor meds in unincorporated areas of fresno county; that hasn't been challenged yet; but with outdoor season coming up and unincorporated areas of the county comprising the richest farmland in the state it'll be interesting to see what happens.

there are actually alot of us working towards that outdoor issue with the council and supers.

there have also been raids on delivery services in the fresno and madera area which I can't seem to find any info on news wise. I only got that info from the owners themselves.

I think they are trying to attack all the major "pot friendly-ish" cities first and once they can secure those it would be easier to get the rest of them after the fact.

The real point though is that the voters in the end will always win. We might have to keep fighting each voting cycle as it goes pro then con and like the republican/democrat back and forth cycle.

It's sad that we have to fight for a fuckin plant like this and risk our lifes whether that be from being locked up, fired from a job, loss of a kid due to a dirty drug test. It's fuckin pitiful that we allow this to happen to us.

We know as well as they do that there are more of US then them... At some point we will get our country back and I can't wait for that day to get here.

Fresno itself seems pot friendly as far as cop wise but politically it is like nazi germany it seems at times. We had one guy shoot a guy while chasing him down the street in his car after they jacked some plants from his yard. I mean for one, who the fuck is in danger of their lives driving after a guy blasting down your neighborhood?

Stuff like that is then blasted everywhere to allow that damn emergency "no outdoor grows" ordinance using the "public safety" excuse.

Its politics which somehow turns us into criminals when one day before we could have been 100% legal law abiding medical marijuana card carrying americans. Its bullshit.

sorry for the rant.

With all this why did I bother so hard to pay taxes and be legit?
I guess all this is telling me I should have grown in the hills and forget the rule of law because every one in the City B.O.S could care less.

northstate

ICMag Donor
JayTrin-
I was wondering the same thing as above. ROL is overrated. Thanks for getting the info out and it does feel crappy. Run to the hills (Iron Maiden starts playing) keep us posted and hope things are good. NS

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Boggled. Your post brings a tear to my eye. Those responsible for this should be ashamed and our total pieces of shit. If i still lived up here i just shoot you and feed you to the hogs.. so sad :(

did you notice that none of the problems listed were problems with the actual pot. the problem was with ass holes, which has nothing to do with pot. In fact the people they are talking about are probably only being ass holes in response to constant bitching and harassment from the Nazi ass bitch that wrote the article.

All of the other problems were caused by the town having a shitty infrastructure.

Then she blames road and soil erosion on pot growing. what a dumb ass. Hemp restores soil!

its too bad california can't rise up in arms and demand cannabis be cultivated from as far south as the san diego up through the grape vine all the way up through fresno to humbolt and north cal cities. for the people by the people dammit. grow it on the freeways and on the farms, put people back to work and lets get this machine we call the world really working already...question we should ask ourselves regardless of politics..what kind of world do you want your kids to inherit? a close minded world? an open minded world? choose today

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
go Egyptian on those fuckers, lol.

Honestly, I've been thinking about this all week.

Egyptians peacefully assembled for 2 weeks in their capital city and they managed to get their DICTATOR of 30 YEARS to step down.

How many americans marching on the capital in favor of reform would it require before american politicians realized that it was legalize it, or lose their jobs?

A million toke march?

This could be a reality if people could put down the bong long enough to travel to DC.

mgrisme

Jay, I feel your pain. I also strive to have a legitimate respectable farm in trinity, which they are making very difficult and restrictive. It is times like these I wish we small guys were better organized and represented. Although it seems like you have the right starting idea making donations but that is just a start... I think Wendy Otto is open to listen, but I do not know about the other supervisors.

I did notice Windy Otto asking about protecting legitimate taxpaying collectives being protected but they voted it out of the final draft and the city lawyer called us "Pig farmers"

David762

It's the reactionary Police State mentality ...

It's the reactionary Police State mentality ...

there are actually alot of us working towards that outdoor issue with the council and supers.

there have also been raids on delivery services in the fresno and madera area which I can't seem to find any info on news wise. I only got that info from the owners themselves.

I think they are trying to attack all the major "pot friendly-ish" cities first and once they can secure those it would be easier to get the rest of them after the fact.

The real point though is that the voters in the end will always win. We might have to keep fighting each voting cycle as it goes pro then con and like the republican/democrat back and forth cycle.

It's sad that we have to fight for a fuckin plant like this and risk our lifes whether that be from being locked up, fired from a job, loss of a kid due to a dirty drug test. It's fuckin pitiful that we allow this to happen to us.

We know as well as they do that there are more of US then them... At some point we will get our country back and I can't wait for that day to get here.

Fresno itself seems pot friendly as far as cop wise but politically it is like nazi germany it seems at times. We had one guy shoot a guy while chasing him down the street in his car after they jacked some plants from his yard. I mean for one, who the fuck is in danger of their lives driving after a guy blasting down your neighborhood?

Stuff like that is then blasted everywhere to allow that damn emergency "no outdoor grows" ordinance using the "public safety" excuse.

Its politics which somehow turns us into criminals when one day before we could have been 100% legal law abiding medical marijuana card carrying americans. Its bullshit.

sorry for the rant.

It's the reactionary Police State mentality ... promulgated in large part by the Feds. A number of disparate special interests with a nexus in cannabis suppression have allied to crush MMJ and all efforts at re-legalization of cannabis & hemp. The defeat of Prop 19 has encouraged the prohibitionists. Look at who made up the bulk of the opposition to Prop 19 -- State-wide LEO organizations, privately (corporate) funded opposition groups, and prohibitionist politicians of both the main political parties. This is rarely showing up in the MSM, but there is a "full court press" to put the Medical Marijuana "toothpaste back into the toothpaste tube". They are using draconian ordinances|regulations at the local level, while using the investigative power and asset forfeiture laws at the Federal level. Look also at the Federal initiative for repressive new DUID regulations.

The basic problem is that a majority of voters don't vote, and many of them are too apathetic or misinformed to get involved. They cannot see the very real connection between the prohibition of cannabis and this country's citizens ever-increasing loss of their rights, liberties, and freedoms -- or the rising power and influence of the crony monopolistic corporations. This country's economy, at least as far as Main Street and the working class is concerned, is in the toilet, while those corporations most responsible for the economic meltdown are doing well, and are getting a free pass for their criminal & conspiratorial behavior.

We the people, who have lost the most and will continue to be victimized by the rising Police State, need to be better organized in order to fight for our rights. Somehow, I don't think that an "Egyptian-style" revolt will have much success in the USA -- the Police State already arrests 800,000+ users of cannabis per year. No doubt they have plans to manage multiple times that number if the need arises. The Police State has used undercover agent provocateurs to incite violence at many many peaceful protest marches, as well as preemptive round-up and arrest of protesters such as the Republican convention in Minneapolis -- which illustrated the depth of their intel capability and the coordination between Federal, State, and Local LEO organizations.

Our answers in response should be citizen activism at the local government council level combined with single-issue voting to boot these budding fascists out of government, AND a well-organized and effective General Strike -- an economic boycott. Consumer spending comprises perhaps 60% of all economic activity in the USA, and if we could reduce that by 50% the Police State and the crony monopolistic corporations behind it would have to eventually submit to the will of the people. That's not the Egyptian model.
:tiphat:

mgrisme

How sad

How sad

I did notice Windy Otto asking about protecting legitimate taxpaying collectives being protected but they voted it out of the final draft and the city lawyer called us "Pig farmers"

It is quite sad... Although the lawyer may be somewhat accurately describing many of the people in the county who do not care about the future of their land, the county or even the laws. But there are more than a handful of respectable people who care deeply about all of that. I myself an a hardfast believer in the medical properties but so often I feel like I am way out on an Island by myself surrounded by pirate ships that dont even have medical recommendations and dont care at all about how it really helps people. And many of us good people are people who plan on settling long term in the county and not just pass on through. I do not remember where but I heard they were considering a weekly or daily fine for people not within the limits set. Have you heard anything like that? So many rumors. :clock watch:

emilyC

jay,

so they passed this ordinance but can they enforce it?
Has anyone been busted in Trinity recently?
Does the DEA even go into these places like The Pines?
Local Sheriff?

I wouldn't worry too much about this, just lay low and go under the radar. and for christs sake... STOP paying taxes and STOP advertising in any way. Many of you fail to realize that pot is still illegal and they will go at you in any way they can, usually targeting your money. As all sales are illegal and not permitted under state law.
Many counties will enact strict regulations, but they simply don't have the power to enforce... especially if you are "out of the way." Don't wait for their blessings and a pat on the back, do your thing, keep your head down. just like any other state, play it safe.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
100sq,ft is a 10' x 10 room, that's like 100 plants and 6-8,000watts, for a single person that's huge, i know, i am licensed and grow in canada eh. and my room is not nearl that big. like 4' x 8' and I am a-ok, fitting 50 girls all giving a half oz or more... plus I only use under 2000watts...

One if you cram 6k-8k in 100sq' you will probably suffer on a gram per watt basis compared to folks that would only use 4K in that spot.

Second many people find 50 plants in 32sq' to be hughly inefficient.

Thirdly, I'm glad you are happy with what you have; but why the hell would you comment on the needs of patients you have never met?

Fourthly, many feel 50 plants or 32sq' is WAY TOO much for a single individual; therefore they would feel quit fine if you were locked away in prison.

Judge not lest you be judged.

:joint:

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
sherriffs, DEA and other wider jurisdiction agencies have will and do come into bumf!ck nowhere.

Latest posts

Latest posts