What's new

Mikenite69

Veteran
I have been experiencing difficult times with this coco adventure. I feel that mg is being locked out. Today I think I am gonna flush them. Another issue I found is that I read people saying you should water coco everyday. Well I have found this to be untrue and my plants are showing signs of overwatering with the classic ram horn look. Many say it's a N overdose but I don't feel it is some will say its strain dependent I feel it's a clear sign in flower of overwatering and leaves aren't transpiring enough? Any thoughts are welcome.

I have promix down to a science i means it's pretty simple and it is hard to get lockout. I don't feel my issues lies with a N overdose because my nutrients are low N plus I have been hitting them with big up powder with no N in it. I am also thinking maybe just maybe it's a potassium lockout. Well I am gonna flush coco today and let the pots dry really good before next feed and watering I think my yield might suffer some but I might as well try to get them healthy now.

So my lessons I learned don't water everyday like what was claimed in coco guide also make sure to ph around 5.8. Always flush your coco and charge it before a plant goes into it. Last but not least always have run off. This saying is the best I have heard with coco "when In doubt flush it the fuck out" words to live by when growing in coco.

Updates will follow after flushing and plants rebound. Stay tuned.

Edit: I CAN'T SAY THIS ENOUGH BUY GOOD COCO! THE BRAND I AM USING NOW IS SUNLEAVES WHICH I'LL NEVER BUY AGAIN. SAYS IT IS RINSED BUT I DONT THINK IT IS RINSED THAT GOOD ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE FOUND FORIEGN OBJECTS I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE LEAVES TO NUTS TO OTHER SHIT SINCE I DON'T LIVE IN A TROPICAL CLIMATE I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOME OF THINGS THAT ARE IN THIS COCO.

MY NEXT RUN WILL BE WITH BOTAINACARE AND ROOTS ORGANIC WE ARE GONNA WEED UP THE GOOD AND BAD COCOS ON THE MARKET.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always keep pure coco at 6.0. i use gold label 1985

my well water has all the iron, cal/mag etc 0.5 ec from the tap.

med-man

Mikenite69

Veteran
Thanks for the tips medman maybe I'll start upping my ph to 6.0. I have city water I haven't checked the ppm on it I know its ph is 7. I'll have to get my ppm meter out and check my ppm of my water should be pretty good I think. Well thanks for dropping by medman and thanks for the ph tips. I actually just bought sensi a&b ph perfect coco formula so maybe that will also help my issues being that I have to use ph up and ph down a lot. I have heard that using to much buffers will give you lockout eventually if it's building up in the coco? Is this true do u know medman? Also I will get some nice bud shots when I have them out today.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ok medman I just checked my ppm of my water and it is 30 ppm and on the chart it comes under the catagory of distilled/Ro maybe this is my issue maybe it doesn't have a lot of cal/mg and other things that are supposed to be in tap water and that's why I am getting lockout of cal/mg? Or maybe a iron def?

Edit: I don't know my ec of my water is this something I should look into getting a ec meter?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi mike

they do say ec is the most accurate way to measure TDS. i prefer it to ppm. both measures are totally fine to use whatever way you go

here is a stat sheet for ya :)

med-man

Attachments

• user3679_pic19776_1234658007.jpg
    user3679_pic19776_1234658007.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 15

Mikenite69

Veteran
Thanks for that chart med-man is helpful! Didn't realize that ppm and EC are pretty much the same. I have had a ppm meter but rarely ever used it because I always try to feed by reccomended feeding or less. I have saw people over nute the hell out of there plants when they start changing colors are hard to bounce them back from that. So from that lesson watching a friend do it I try to feed less. Peace mike

Edit: Didnt get to flush my plants yesterday.I ran out of the house yesterday And my water pump decided to take a poop and my serpentine belt broke both at the same time. Now with me owning a 3 series they have a clever idea of running the water pump off the fan. So today I also didn't get to do it because I had to search high and low everywhere to buy a 32mm wrench and I had to wait for my parts to come in today and Go figure the only place that had a 32mm wrench no not a auto parts store freaking home depot who would of thought.

Mikenite69

Veteran
SOME SHOTS OF THE RKS#2

SOME SHOTS OF THE RKS#2

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE RKS#2 PHENOS 1,2,3.. SMELLS SO FAR ARE VERY FRUITY CANT SAY WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE BUT ITS A VERY NICE SMELL.. THESE THINGS ARE VERY GREASY EVERY TIME I PULL LEAVES MY FINGER NAILS LOOK LIKE I PUT CLEAR NAIL POLISH ON.. I AM VERY EXCITED FOR WHEN I GET TO SMOKE THESE.. I HAVE ABOUT 3 WEEKS LEFT ON EVERYTHING IN THE TENT THAT WILL BRING ME TO 70 DAYS. SOME MAY FINISH SOONER BUT REALLY HAVE NO PLANS TO PULL THEM TILL AROUND 70 DAYS.....

PHENO#1

PHENO 2

PHENO 3

AND A FROSTY LIME COOKIE NUG...

Mikenite69

Veteran
SOME OTHER SHOTS FROM THE TENT!!

SOME OTHER SHOTS FROM THE TENT!!

SEMI TENT SHOT!!!

ANOTHER LIME COOKIE NUG FORUM LEANER

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ok so we are at day 55 today of flower. They are gonna get one last feeding of Botainacare Cns17 ripe for salts and some hydro honey. Then I might feed guano for the next couple days and will be using final phase with every feeding to get built up salts out.

My other option is last feeding today and tomorrow start the flush for a week using hydro honey and then the last 7 days final phase and straight water.

Or I might just say the hell with it all and start my flush with straight water for the next 14 days after feeding today.

Open to all suggestions and options so if u feel I could benefit by doing it one way or the other voice your opinion.

If I do decide to go the guano route for the next 7 days I am not to worried about flushing it just because I have used Guano's for a whole grow all the way to finish and it still turned out to be some of the tastiest weed.

I can tell you as of the other day I am starting to get purples on my number 1 pheno on the lower leaves nice fades of purple. That is because if plants will throw fall colors I'll get them to do it because I can get my tent at night down to 50 degrees and lower if I want to.

I'll try to get some pictures up in the next few days will 100% get full plant harvest shots and a smoke and smell report.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sweeet mike

the final leg lol

i would go hydro honey and water for the next 7 days. then final phase for the following 7, organic nutes can take longer to break down, so i wouldnt

just my 2 pennies

med-man

Mikenite69

Veteran
Sweet medman I'll do just that! That's what I was kinda figuring on doing.

So today will be there very last feeding and the next 2 weeks will be how medman suggested.

I am also gonna drop my night time temps the last week as low as I can get them. So far day temps have been low 70's and night temps have been 62.

I am gonna try to get some nice colors out of them by finishing time. It's been a long bumpy road with the coco but I have figured out finally the issues I have been going through.

1 bad info on coco grows about watering everyday.
2. Fungus knats/aphids 3. Ph up/down very horrible stuff next time will adjust with humic acid for down and silica for up.

I am thinking the combo of the knats/aphids killed my yield and keeping the plants water logged didnt help lesson learned. Meds rks are still throwing up nice buds with number 2 and 3 being the clear yielders out of the bunch.

Note to self salad grows kinda suck with multiple strains. I have a bluedream that is clearly gonna go a week or a little longer once these are finished. So I might chop that at the same time just to move next plants into the flowering tent.

Peace all look for the updates coming soon with plant pics hopefully some nice fall colors and fat swollen buds.

Peace mike

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mike totally

remember, what works for others may not be what works for you. i love coco. it does dry faster, but can be overwaterd.

what best for daily feeding is flockwool. like the don juan matus method on these forums

its allabout watching the plants, and giving them what they want or need :)

med-man

Mikenite69

Veteran
You are 100% right medman I should of went with
My gut and also kinda treated coco like just another brand of promix with just quicker watering cycles. Also with giving base nutes and cal/mag every watering.

Another thing I have learned is wash your coco first and also buy good coco saving a few bucks will cost you in the long run.

It's all good I learned a lot this grow and my next try with coco will be night and day.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its also look like you have abit of leaf curl. make sure to run just water through every 3rd feed. plants love it, and so do their roots

med-man

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ya see I know that issue had something to do with nutrients but when I was reading about it answers we're all over the place of what it could be. I myself was figuring some kind of lockout I have never expierenced this before until my first coco grow.

After reading it was either to much N I was using florakleen and water and it seemed liked it was helping at all. I also flushed the plants and that didn't seem to help that much at all Some plants recovered some stayed the same.

Which leads me back to thinking if it did have something to do with me not flushing the coco before plants went into it? Plus keeping the pots soaked everyday till runoff I am sure didn't help the roots.

My next plants that go in flower after these will be a redemption grow with coco and i feel I'll hit a home run compared to this grow.

I already have two blocks of botainacare coco grow blocks sure it's much better than sunleaves that claims its rinsed but with all the FORIEGN shit I found in it clearly wasn't rinsed all that great.

I am also resorting to plastic pots or square pots because I also feel that fabric pots aren't the way to go because they will trap salts in the fabric. I can see signs of this on the outside of my fabric pots now.

If I drop the ball this time in coco I will resort back to what I know best and is the easiest method promix or a 50/50 blend of promix/coco.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blocked coco is the worst imvho

to bad you couldnt get bagged fluffy stuff

med-man

Mikenite69

Veteran
Oh I can medman they sell the cocogrow by botainacare in pre made bags over by me. Is it that much better? I am sure it is because they charge it already with microrizzae and other things.

Maybe that's what I'll do I can always bring my blocks back. Me and the hydro store owner are buddy's he loves me because I have a shopping addiction there. Lol

I have so many damn nutrients a eBay sale Is bound to happen soon. Just haven't found a
Nutrient company that I like so far advanced is good. I like house & garden a little better just hate having to ph everything where advanced is ph perfect for coco.

Tell me some good positives about the pre bagged coco medman or did I
Mention them already. Lol

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, its already broken up, and is generally higher quality from my experiences

so less work and more quality?

med-man

Mikenite69

Veteran
Well since I have the blocks maybe this flower session I'll do my 50/50 mix of coco/promix since I still have a 10 gallon tub of promix left and need to get rid of it eventually.

If I do decide to take that route I will put a plant or 2 in straight coco so I can practice more with it. Even though I feel confident enough to do a full coco Grow with the mistakes I made this time around and learned from it equally.

The one thing I really dropped the ball with this time was not rinsing the coco so who knows how high the ppms were in the coco before I even put plants into.

Few tips I have read about charging coco maybe you can help me narrow down the best option medman.

1- tip is to just rinse the coco till you are getting a ec of 1.3 or lower....

2- tip is to rinse coco with a light cal/mag solution.

3- tip rinse coco with enzymes ....

Or say the hell with the blocks bring them back and get the bagged coco...lol

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mike

proper coco should need to be drained at all i find.

were you plants rootbound? i guess you cant tell if if you havent cropped yet. i notice you can grow bigger plants in coco vs soiless. but that doesnt mean you still should give em the area they need

med-man

Latest posts

Latest posts