What's new

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have decided to start 2 rooms just for everyone at ic, and beyond. these are free to learn and teach to others. it is forbidden to charge money.

made for extremely frugal individuals. save potential thousands. increase yield and quality, decrease labour, costs, losses.

95% of material is bought at the local hardware store

this deep water culture / medical film technique grow will be flipped. so will totally coincide with each-other. i havent ran the rooms in summer yet. so hopefully there wont be any headaches.

i will post the strains i have taken for the 2 rooms. do a couple salad grows. see what happens :)

hope no one is in a rush as i will be cleaning the rooms and setting up over the next 3 weeks. perfect timing for rooting and preveg

med-man

W

willyweed

well, you talk the talk,looking forward to seeing if you can walk the walk in dwc.goodluck

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
U.O.C.

U.O.C.

i just want to say that i say "under optimal conditions" a lot.

UOC is far superior when typing lol

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the table

the table

so all you need is a wood frame to suite your space.

in this case it will be 10 feet long.

so i am getting 3 sheets of 3/8 osb. ( just 2 for a standard 4x8 space)

a roll of vapor barrier, some staples or tape.

30 feet of 2x8 ( 2x 2x8x10 and 1 2x8) - for risers of the chamber

16 feet of 2x4 for the legs and chamber support beams

some mildew proof bathroom caulk - to seal and water proof the lid and basket holes

8 feet of 1x1 or 1x2 - for the screen when applied 2 weeks into bud

some screws and thats about it

med-man

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the mechansims

the mechansims

in the bed you will need:

high powered air pump

- 8 air stones

- 1/4 inch tubes

- model 5-12 mag drive for mixing/aeration

- trimeter of some sort, i used the portable blue lab combo meter

thats it

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
water

water

- i will be using an evolution r/o machine
- big rubbermaid (77L) r/o tank
- 1 float valve (can use for both r/o tank and top off for the dwc bed)
- some 3/4 or 5/8 drain hose for the tank to the table and fro the table to the drain for weekly changes
- 3/4 inch pump to hose adaptor
- 3/4 inch bulk-head for r/o tank
- 3/4 inch flow valve for r/o tank

med-man

W

willyweed

with the air pump, i have been advised 1 watt per gallon of water?,what is your advice med -maker? thanks

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, to be honest, i dont know if it possible to overdue it.

just like with a/cs, dehus and co2 in sealed rooms. i prefer bigger then needed.

i am pretty sure my air pump is nore then 100 watts, and the bed will hold about 40-50 gallons .

remember, i also use i mixing pump in the chamber too, its helps circulate the oxygen and works great for phing and mixing in top off water

med-man

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
hmmmm sounds interesting , curious too see it workin ,.... I would say add a chiller if in dwc would always be a step in the right direction , maybe pond liner inside tables for extra H20 proofin? , i dunno just a idea,.... sounds like a kool system
TS

W

willyweed

yep if you do not go with the chiller idea which is a great idea make sure you have a big bottle of h2o2 for the root rot !

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
actually. i have ran dwc with great success with high water temps. i also like that if there is an outage again, the plant wont die.

air pump and 8 stones per table, plus adding h202 every 2 days will ensure success,

thanks for the pointers

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the room will be sealed, with a dehu, co2 and a/c.

so the airpump will be in a very cool shop, outside the grow space. so this will keep the 02 very fresh and add cool to the root chamber too. so you guys know the whole scheme :)

med-man

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Having to add h202 is not UOC for DWC. lol

Optimal conditions for DWC is an area that keeps the res cool naturally. Cold cement floor, cold air circulation around the tubs, or any other passive cooling measure.

Personally won't run dwc if I need a chiller. E&F is just as productive and works great when DWC isn't optimal for the location.

The airpump in a cool air spot helps significantly. More peeps should look into this. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for popping in hydro-soil.

i just want to let you know that h202 is so important to the med-man method that i actually ingest it daily lol haha.

want faster nute uptake? bigger buds? sturdier more robust plants that are more immune to bugs and parasites? h202 @ 1.6 ml to the res every 2-3 days :)

peace

med-man

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
want faster nute uptake? bigger buds? sturdier more robust plants that are more immune to bugs and parasites? h202 @ 1.6 ml to the res every 2-3 days :)

peace

med-man

You're serious?

Explain to me the secret ingredient in h202 that causes this to happen.

An optimal setup for dwc already has optimal levels of o2. Adding h202 isn't going to do anything unless your setup is off somewhere. 10 years of dwc bub. h202 is a crutch for doing dwc in an area you should be doing drip, E&F or other medium based grows.

Don't mean to clutter your thread, just pointing that out for others that weren't aware.

Carry on.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
appreciated.

nothing better in the world for roots then 02.

h202 is also a free radical. cleaning your system while helping the roots.

med-man

Latest posts

Latest posts