What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MED GARDEN 101

hogwild

hey scrappy do you have any pics of the finished odyssey, i just picked up some odyssey cuts in van nuys that im looking forward to growing out, do you know their genetic makeup?

EDIT: i heard it was a bubba kush cross but i would like to know what it is really, i cant trust the word of mouth.

kigy

Here's a Odyssey pic for all who wonder what this strain looks like...

Ody @ 45 days I believe it was.

I have more pics but don't want to clutter up scrappys thread.

Last edited:
G

Here's a grow question:

I picked up a strawberry cough clone at Harborside a week or two ago that I'm going to veg up and use as a mother. It has started showing what I think is powder mold (since it looks both powdery and mold-like). I would like to nip this in the bud real fast in the hope that it won't spread to my white widow clone or worse yet my flowering plants. What's the best way to knock this stuff back?

well heres a noob question! =] I was wondering when its a good time to start some clones outside, is it still too cold? (im in the south bay area)

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
thinmac said:
Here's a grow question:

I picked up a strawberry cough clone at Harborside a week or two ago that I'm going to veg up and use as a mother. It has started showing what I think is powder mold (since it looks both powdery and mold-like). I would like to nip this in the bud real fast in the hope that it won't spread to my white widow clone or worse yet my flowering plants. What's the best way to knock this stuff back?

A good investment would be a sulphur burner. If you are growing in a small space these can be difficult to use. Generally the burn time is proportionate to the cubic volume of the space. I prefer sulphur as it leaves NO taste.

A less expensive method would be neem oil. It's important to have good air flow and low humidity in the dark cycle as well as the light.

Let me know how it goes.

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
grizzlybear said:
well heres a noob question! =] I was wondering when its a good time to start some clones outside, is it still too cold? (im in the south bay area)

The temps are warm now but the more important factor is night length. It's still early although it is warm. I already have outdoor plants but I keep a spotlight on the plants all night long. This keeps them from budding. By April I can turn it off.
Cannabis is photoperiod specific remember. It can take the cold better than messed up light cycles.

NPK

I put some plants out to flower a few days ago--Harborside's Strawberry Cough--because I decided early on that it would be too stretchy for my indoors space. In two months' time the day length in my latitude will still only be about 14.5 hours, so I'm cautiously optimistic about getting some bud out of the deal. Really more of an experiment than anything.

Damakkus, setting up a recirculating drip system is really simple. I set up my first one a couple of months ago and have been VERY pleased with the results (I'm in coco coir). Except for the 2x4 tray, I got every item I needed from Home Depot. Wasn't that expensive to assemble, either. I told another guy how I set mine up toward the end of this thead:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=925501#post925501

G

scrappy420 said:
A good investment would be a sulphur burner. If you are growing in a small space these can be difficult to use. Generally the burn time is proportionate to the cubic volume of the space. I prefer sulphur as it leaves NO taste.

A less expensive method would be neem oil. It's important to have good air flow and low humidity in the dark cycle as well as the light.

Let me know how it goes.

Yeah, I grow in my bedroom in a cabinet, so I don't think sulphur is going to be a good option for me.

I'll try the neem oil. I'm not too worried about the taste thing since this is going to be a mother; if I can get the mold licked before I cut clones off of her, then hopefully I won't need to use it again.

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
Also, it's hotter now and the air is drier. PM will dissappear in all but the hottest gardens. Get ready to move outdoor or pay $$$ for an air conditioner.

geezeressa

Scrappy, how do I prepare a good clone mom?
I've got two PKs vegging in 1 gal pots since Dec. They're 12" tall and they've leafed out nicely. Should I 1)transplant into 2 gal pots, wait a week and then take clones? or
2) take clones then transplant. I'm only interested in taking maybe 6 clones total per plant. Then I think these plants might like to flower.....or more clones could be taken?

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
geezeressa said:
Scrappy, how do I prepare a good clone mom?
I've got two PKs vegging in 1 gal pots since Dec. They're 12" tall and they've leafed out nicely. Should I 1)transplant into 2 gal pots, wait a week and then take clones? or
2) take clones then transplant. I'm only interested in taking maybe 6 clones total per plant. Then I think these plants might like to flower.....or more clones could be taken?

I'd err on the side of caution and go with two. besides Dopey is too busy to take his own and you have to hook him up. :)

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
scrappy,
what do you think about autowatering systems like the tropf-blumat or raindrip's intellidrip? i'm testing the latter out in my greenhouse with a coco/perlite mix.

tiedye420

Yeah the ones i got out now
and went out a month or so ago, are fully adjusted and ripping out a new phase of nug, and at least the colombian based ones will flush (throw more fat out)until late may, pretty much tested from here to san diego...
Thats the stinky pool, she was bred that way from beginning and anything realet gets a good spring harvest outdoor. Not many cultivars are designed for two outdoor crops.
My northern lights, is the one neville had to purchase. It came from "my aunt". Anything my aunt has is real... Always has been that way.
anyways reeferman told me neville had to buy it..My aunt always gifts good things....Thats my culled nl mom's heritage.... better than nevilles crap.
I dont think anything I have is dutch....
she's rad-:yoinks:

scrappy420 said:
The temps are warm now but the more important factor is night length. It's still early although it is warm. I already have outdoor plants but I keep a spotlight on the plants all night long. This keeps them from budding. By April I can turn it off.
Cannabis is photoperiod specific remember. It can take the cold better than messed up light cycles.

tiedye420

This topic interests me also.. I was just looking at the stuff outdoor and thinking about putting drip up.. I have tube and drip heads. I would like to know more about modern controllers. My nursery landscape study (ROP) was in the mid 80's... :pointlaug
This is brush up, but controllers and timers is my next angle here...

humble1 said:
scrappy,
what do you think about autowatering systems like the tropf-blumat or raindrip's intellidrip? i'm testing the latter out in my greenhouse with a coco/perlite mix.

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
Autowatering is the way. The only problem is when it doesnt increase or decrease to adjust for climate change. It still requires human oversight.

purpleplayer007

Yea I see a drip system in the near future for me. It seems like the plants drink a lot of water in coco. Do you guys think the plants benefit from cutting it with perlite. or is the coco better by itself. If I get some of that B'cuz coco do I have to flush it a few times with plain water to get the ppms down or is it ready to go.

Latest posts

Latest posts