What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Meat Rabbits!! Pick a good breed! ;)

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
After browning up the cuts Im braising my bunny with onion, carrots,celery , vegetable stock, bay leaf, thyme , salt and pepper,a dash of white wine.
Slow cook for a few hours at 300F.
Ive got a few parsnips here so I'll boil those up and mash them to go along with it.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
$85/ea, and you usually want to start with a buck and 2 does, or 2 of each. No shipping, though I've read you can ship a rabbit almost anywhere. They're pedigreed, show quality, American Chinchilla purebreds, and they're on the ARBA's endangered breed list. The breed almost went extinct when the fur industry moved to synthetic furs. :D

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The key is the same as any meat... cook it low temp until it just falls off the bone. ;) The best part is you need less of a portion than any other meat, due to how nutrient dense it is. :) Rabbit fat gravy? Oh my... when that fat is melted in a bit of water they both look clear with no yellow fats/oils muddling things up. Pure goodness! :D