What's new

Measuring microscope

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a photo of some 3 year old trichomes in the Potter thesis that everyone here has read several times. There's a lot about trichomes there, not as comprehensive as we'd like still. A lot that makes sense but contradicts others. For instance I remember before the trichome advice instantly became standard. Never did get a loupe much less waited on trichomes, and didn't miss anything it seems.
http://www.gwpharm.com/uploads/phd_david_potter_jp.pdf

Speaking of a quick sip from a fire hose, hee, hee, hee...................

Thanks for your quality insight as usual brother GJ!

jump117

Veteran
Potter thesis that everyone here has read several times.
:) Hey G.O. Joe!
I am one of those simpletons :pointlaug
who first see this work through your link.
Thank you for the good reading!
:thank you:

Finally I can learn how Casparian strip prevents apoplastic flow of secretory products down the trichome stalk.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The trichomes stop changing color at harvest.

Looks like I lied! I dug out a five year old bud sample and the clear trichomes have turned cloudy and some of the cloudy have turned amber.

The last time I looked, I didn't see any amber at all.;

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i like the idea of a usb microscope, superb to judge which size bubble bags will be the sweet one. also very interested to see how the trichomes on a properly dried sample of bud change over the longer term. you could look what changes you see in frozen bud over time and normally stored bud. also handy to check the ripeness of the trichomes comfortably.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I've been wanting a usb microscope for a little while now but I'm not sure which one to get.
You have any suggestions Gray Wolf?
Ive been looking at this microscope to do my microbiological analyses for my compost teas and such:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UMDLAA/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk
but now it's out of stock....hmm...

Nice microscope! We use an ancient 1000X binocular Zeiss for microbiological analysis and I have been experimenting with other scopes, but am not prepared to make recommendations.

For a handy portable, the measuring scope this thread started about, has really nice clarity and brightness, besides the measuring scale. It is a little big to carry around in your pocket however.

Alas, my attempts to find a good USB camera haven't gone as well. The first one I picked up off of E=Bay was defective and the second won't work on my 64 bit computer.

For some reason my 32 bit laptop, won't accept the programming disc that comes with it either, so I am still sorting out. More feedback on that later.

jump117

Veteran
Hola/Shalom GrassMan!
Its the dream machine.
Nice to see you after one year absense.
Why you missed 2011?