What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MDZ Blue Streak/Sour 60 and the Chamber of secrets

H

hisser

@Bighill

I doubt it, when I was watering everyday I used only 0.5 liters per pot, and the pots are about 5 liters, Coco should never get dry from what I know, plus there's always run-off, what were u growing in?

darksoul2001ro

by coco you mean coconut hair in the soil? at what distance in cm, should i put the HPS from the plant, what is the ideal distance, i dont want to burn it:hotbounce

darksoul2001ro

What does those white pots contain? that hang on the big pots, not the perlite thing, the white pot with some liquid in it, what is that?

dargo

by coco you mean coconut hair in the soil? at what distance in cm, should i put the HPS from the plant, what is the ideal distance, i dont want to burn it:hotbounce

Get the lights as close to the canopy as possible, hold your hand out flat above the tallest plant for 1 min, if your hand is to hot your plant will be to hot, if its not then move the light a little closer and hand test again.

H

hisser

@darksoul2001ro

Coco is made out of coconut husks, they heat them and grind etc, I'm sure you can find coco in nurseries, even on amazon... about HPS I'm not an expert I've always used CFL, check the equipement forum section or lighting tutorials. the white pots contain perlite plus water to keep humidity a bit high.

Bighill

@Bighill

I doubt it, when I was watering everyday I used only 0.5 liters per pot, and the pots are about 5 liters, Coco should never get dry from what I know, plus there's always run-off, what were u growing in?

Ohhh coco.. :pointlaug, if i would have read that, i wouldn't have even replid. You are correct you can't over water coco. I use promix, peat based, different mediums all together.

Bh.

H

hisser

UPDATE:

Well, looks like #3 is a male:

dsc07562.jpg

I'm gonna have to send him to heaven :(, where is green and purple, and full of pistils!
I need an advice, should I add another Blue streak using the same pot, or add 2-3 or even 4 if they fit using 2.25 liters coke bottles? or maybe add sour 60 seeds? IF I add sour 60, they might get pollinated by so-to-become hermie I'm going to use colloidal silver on... a BS X s60 cross @_@ would that be a bad idea? or a good one?

Flying Goat

Awww! Killing the males...:faint:

Any chance you might grow him out in a sunny window & bank the pollen?

If not, I'd put in some more Blue Streak, but I like a nice, uniform grow...

Looking pretty good from here.

H

hisser

@Flying Goat

that's impossible for me to do, and anyways he's already resting :( R.I.P. #3!

I like a uniform grow too, but this grow op is running for one reason: making feminized auto seeds, and I think crossing Blue streak with Sour 60 is gonna give something interesting, so after I make the seeds I'm gonna have a uniformed nice looking grow ;)

I'll start germinating 4 sour 60 seeds in 2.25 liter soda bottles tonight!

Flying Goat

I so totally understand, Hisser. Just a simple fact of life... we only need a few, only the VERY BEST, as studs... I just put a 10-week old buckling in the freezer last week.

I must get my frugality from my grandparents who lived thru the Great Depression. As a child, I'd make fun of Gran's habit of saving EVERYTHING... Now it seems, I've developed the same tendency when it comes to quality genetics.

Very interested in your results, kiddo! What I really want to know is... how does she smoke?

H

hisser

@Flying Goat

That's exactly what I learned by growing, and from great depressions 8D but saving EVERYTHING would be a bit nuts too, maybe great depressions are great cuz they are stuffed too much with depression ;D, and the ultimate truth this thread will unfold is: how will my babies smoke? (& vaproize too 8D)

H

hisser

Hi all, I started germinating 4 sour 60 seeds in 2.25 liters 9.5" or 24cm long bottles, here's a pic of the chamber now:

11022010022.jpg

note the seedling in the middle is an unknown strain I might remove it anytime since it will never flower under 24/7 lights. looks crowdy a bit now but around a month or so from now I'll have more space for them for sure.

growing medium is still the same (coco+perlite) but this time I added a bit more perlite its about 40% perlite and the rest is coco.

Mr.Meds

Ohhh coco.. :pointlaug, if i would have read that, i wouldn't have even replid. You are correct you can't over water coco. I use promix, peat based, different mediums all together.

Bh.

I disagree. I believe you can definitely overwater using coco...:tumbleweed:

H

hisser

I disagree. I believe you can definitely overwater using coco...:tumbleweed:
Yeah you can over-water using coco I didn't say that, what I meant there was no root rot, and nute burn caused the yellowing of veins on leaves, over watering makes leaves curl down.

H

hisser

Update on training:

Hi all, as I said I wanted to LST my plants, but things didn't go as I thought, growth was very dense and close to the soil, preventing me from putting anything on the stems, so I had to come up with a different solution, so I made a simple adjustable SCROG screen and used it as an LST method, note that I raise and lower the pots manually for light adjustment so how close the screen to the pots serves another purpose, I simply used hemp ropes with metallic wires. here are some pics:

12022010024.jpg

12022010026.jpg

12022010027.jpg

12022010028.jpg

BTW I didn't add a screen on the other bs cuz its still a bit too short for a screen.

Sour 60:

a day and a couple of hours has passed since I started germinating the seeds, still no sign of s60 sprouts, as usual I'll do the weekly update by the end of the week, cheers everyone 8D

H

hisser

Sour 60 Day 1:

The 4 Sour 60 seeds took 3 days to germinate without pre-cracking/pre-soaking, here are some pics:

dsc00164p.jpg

dsc00167vf.jpg

dsc00159q.jpg

dsc00165w.jpg

dsc00161tm.jpg

dsc00160q.jpg

dsc00163g.jpg

H

hisser

Blue Streak Week 4:

Four weeks has passed, and it Looks like they are suffering from Magnesium deficiency :(, I added a bit more epsom salt and lowered pH to 6.0, leaf tips are drying and curling up, and getting less green between veins.

From what I'm looking at, they didn't sex yet. :dunno:

dsc00169sk.jpg

dsc00170mn.jpg

dsc00085pf.jpg

dsc00168o.jpg

dsc00070mm.jpg

dsc00173ly.jpg

dsc00058vs.jpg

dsc00171r.jpg

dsc00175d.jpg

dsc00078fx.jpg

dsc00088jn.jpg

dsc00174h.jpg

dsc00077vb.jpg

dsc00076z.jpg

H

hisser

@Flying Goat

ur welcome! I have to find a way to use them or something similar on the bottles soon...