What's new

McDank's 2011

McDank8O5

This is a medical grow in strict compliance with CA Health & Safety 11362.5 and 11362.7 as well as keeping the whole growing process %100 organic from top to bottom and beginning to end. Huge thanks to the community here all you big pot fellas really inspired me and shaped the way I'll be doing my garden this season. :tiphat:

right now supplemental lighting is in one greenhouse keeping a few larger clones going from 2:00 am up till 8 am then they get sun all day up to 5:50 pm. and its steady getting longer!

the garden area before any prep

today

the terraces with hoop houses will house 100 gallon smarties.

that greenhouse with the green lining will house all the seedlings until all the males are weeded out.

we also got peas poppin' off it's spring time on the central coast! cannabis is not the only plant grown in this garden, I grow a variety of fruits, veggies and herbs both for consumption and beneficial companion planting a long side our beloved ganja. Garlic, onion, and multiple kinds of mints known to act as natural deterrents for aphids, tansy's to repel cucumber beetles and marigold's for whitefly's later on in summer. I'll go over my tactic for moth/caterpillar prevention later on in the season...

garlic sprouting!

more spring flower shots...

some clones we got in the greenhouse with supp. lighting
OG Kush

Blue Dream

NYC Diesel

the bushy ones are Triple Kush and the tall lanky ones are Pure Kush

Afgoo's,

Blue Dream mom

NYC Diesel mom

so far all the clones have been out in the greenhouse for 10 days and no signs of flower what-so-ever and they have shown some great growth, these ladies will be large by may/june! they even survived a bizarre snow storm we had here on the central coast, thank god for greenhouses!

yes that's the pacific ocean!

half of the seeds i will be running this season are currently germinating. the other half ill start in two parts one at the end of march and one in late april. thats all for now folks happy growing and be safe :tiphat:

G

Ganja D

Tagging along McD,looks like you got a nice start.
Nice strain selection too.
Let's do it.

M

michael68

Can't wait to see this grow, good luck.

We got hit down south pretty bad by that storm too, bit of snow and rain. Didn't Sacramento get snow or something?

McDank8O5

it's going to be a little brighter in the greenhouse with supplemental lighting tonight, a buddy came up with this idea and it worked out great added 3 more cfl's to the mix for a total of 8 in there.

freshly transplaned Afgoo clone, she'll reside in the supplemental lighting greenhouse till june.

got the hoop houses all ready to go, apart from the smart pots, those will be filled in april. inspired my HL & Ganja D

McDank8O5

another beautiful day over here although we woke up to some overcast skies that eventually burned off. I took the brief cloud cover as an opportunity to bump up a few more clones to the greenhouse from their indoor veg area.

not a whole lot to update on photo-wise. I do have some shots of the Blue Dream and NYC Diesel. first I'd like to briefly let you all know about the seedling situation. As of today we are 30/30 on germination and sprouting ratios. If the pattern continues for the female/male ratio I'll be in a tight spot... pics of them coming soon

today's tea of the day was a mix of artic humus/ worm castings/ mexi bat guano/ kelp/ molasses/ and calcium 25. these following photos of the Blue Dream and NYC Diesel were taken a couple hours after their feeding of the above tea. I have begun pruning and cleaning up the insides of these ladies, removing small branches and future pop-corn sites. this will be a daily chore throughout the garden all summer

NYC Diesel on the left and Blue Dream on the right

lush new green growth on the NYC Diesel

the Blue Dream starting to branch out.

I'll be sure to leave these two out of the next few updates so you can really see the growth they are putting on. Next update I'll focus on my "Kush" and "OG" strains.

Momerath

Very nice McDank. Looks like everything is off to a great healthy start. I'm jealous, I wanna put my clones outside already but its still too chilly, they gotta wait another month under the fluoros.
Nice strain selection too. You got some producers and top quality herb. How does the OG do outdoors down there?
Beautiful garden too btw. I'm also gonna be growing some garlic, onions, potatos, tomatos, and a ton of herbs this year in my new garden. You just cant beat the taste of fresh home grown veggies :)

S

SicKSKills

nice med grow. are you planning to dep those or use the hoop as a trellis mount? they gonna get relatively big in 100s especially the ogs, and ur afgoos kinda look like more ogs which wouldn't be a bad thing!!

McDank8O5

you from the 805 too critter?

momerath... this will be my first year running true OG genetics so we'll see! you got quite a solid start up there yourself, potatoes that's what my veggie garden is missing good looking out.

sickskills i will be using the hoops as trellis. basically humboldt local style just a few hundred gallons less! big ups to HL real quick for sharing his work ethic, all the "big tree" fellas for that matter. :tiphat:

the afgoo's were from a club, so as far as mislabeling goes in clubs we'll we all know how that goes, this could easily be another example. we'll keep an eye on her

McDank8O5

been awhile since we updated and multi problems have occurred since my last post here. We were hit hard with rain/wind storms over the past few weeks and for 2 nights last week did not have power, the backup for the timer outside failed, and the Blue Dream and NYC Diesel mom's have begun flowering. quite a bummer because i was hoping for these to be the biggest clones to be transplanted into smart pots come late may, now I'll have to let them flower and even might have to put the Blue Dream in a black box it's last few weeks of flowering as it has a pretty lengthy flower time.

Sweet Peas are killer this season

some seedlings, going to start another round in a week had some losses from the first round.

the current home of the Blue Dream and NYC Diesel mom's. i'll need somewhere new for them when i begin filling up the smarties.

Blue Dream & NYCD

Blue Dream

this a gorgeous Pure Kush keeper im going to let her veg out till end of may. took a few clones off of her as well and got my fingers crossed they root

things are starting to pick up more around here so weekly updates will be back!!

Ciarán

Oh man, making me miss the 805 soo much, my old place in goleta was much like yours, minus the ghouses and supp. lighting. Keep an eye on that blue dream, looks like its startin to go on ya.

McDank8O5

Oh man, making me miss the 805 soo much, my old place in goleta was much like yours, minus the ghouses and supp. lighting. Keep an eye on that blue dream, looks like its startin to go on ya.

Goleta, err Growleta the goodland!
read the info posted about each picture i explained the Blue Dream will be flowered now as I have a dozen + rooted clones in 3 gals from her. she will be in a blackbox come time... :tiphat:

McDank8O5

Tea of the Day was a mix of High N Mexican Bat Guano, High P Jamaican Bat Guano, worm castings, and molasses for the dozen or so ladies flowering for the spring harvest.
In the clone dome right now I have PBD, 707 Headband, Mr. Nice, OG Kush, and Pure Kush rooting. I will be starting a handful of seeds on April 1st (
Poppy, Herijuana, Amazon x GCP, Mad Jack (ISM OG x JTR) and ISM OG)

Gathering the last bags of soils/ amendments and getting ready to mix 100.5 cu ft of soil + 300 lbs of Composted Chicken Manure, Gypsum, Glacial Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Green Sand and worm castings mid april.

I smoked some great hash today and felt artsy with the camera.
Holding down the perimeter!

Blue Dream Flowers

Great sunset last night

Silhouette

more Blue Dream / sunset photos

Expecting 90 degree weather on the Central Coast today!! :cool:

Wow great looking plants, and so early nice you have a nice jump on things. I look forward to watching. Blessings to your garden.

Momerath

Looking good man. Cant wait to see that Blue Dream in all its glory.

Still miss those sunsets...