What's new

Maybe BHO is just not for me

G

So I bought a pyrex turkey baster a week or 2 ago at bed bath n beyond, get home and open it up to find out its pyrex plastic lol(still will use it one day but only a small test run for my lungs only).
So I been on the lookout at various places and today I found a metal one with a screw in injector, but I flip the package over and it says not dishwasher safe, so I'm guessing it's not stainless steel right? (I guess there is a chance its the rubber ball that isn't dishwashwer safe /shrug)

Oh well the iso has been working fine...but I've heard so much and seen the pics I want to give it a try...Maybe I'll break down and buy one those prefab ones I seen, cheif smokingbud I believe,..but I'm a wannabeDIYguy(cept bongs, I gave up smoking any metals Glass only)

HappyHemphog

DO NOT USE PLASTIC.

Ok, just to make sure you got that...

DO NOT USE PLASTIC.

There are plastics that are safe to use (Honeybee extractor is plastic), but it's not worth the potential issues.

The metal one is likely stainless and as you suspect, the bulb and other parts may not be dishwasher safe. That's what I use.

Cheers!
Hempy

Nuggy

5979oil.jpg

5979icon_salut.gif

G

Cool I'm off to go buy it then and hunt for the "right" butane
Thanks Maybe I'll recyle the plasic pyrex into a mothersday gift or somethin :D

G

Ahh that is a good deal, but would like to try some asap. Then worry about stocking up, I just want 2 cans for now.
Can you guys list the stores you have found good butane at?
I'm in the US - East Coaster

HappyHemphog

Try your local Cigar & Smoke shop. They should have good Colibri butane or at least something that can be used for smoking.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
K2 is a good brand of butane...no residue with the mirror test..... colibri is real hard to source over herebut i found a list in the FAQ's at overslow of brands that are suitable for use....K2 was on it, its a sky blue and yellow can, with a pic of a mountain on it..... i heard a head shop worker telling someone last month to use ronson with the honeybee....i walked out in disgust....

G

I remember seeing a real generic looking yellow can of butane at the headshop around here. Mebbe I'll go back and check the name. The only cigar shop is right around the corner from it lol but I'm not making it in the dark so I'll check tommorow.

G

Yeh,i had a hard time finding any good butane.Colibri is like immpossible for me to get.So i got a case of King for $19.99 thats an awsome price for triple refined.Lava is 5x refined but they are always out of stock.Get the King,and order one of there lighters with it for good measure.Peace DWW

:sasmokin:

G

I think the yellow can is Purelite,its just like Ronson and leaves a wicked residue on the mirror :moon: .I think thats what you might have seen,just look for triple or more.The only Cigar Shoppes around me only have junk Butane,how can they sell High end lighters and Cigars but only cheapass stinky Butane :yoinks: , :fsu: . Peace DWW

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
yeah you will flat ruin good oil with bad butane and never get the mercaptons (sulfur smell) out
hoipoi, you're good to go with that second baster. The only thing not dishwasher safe is the rubber which you don't use anyway

Last edited:
G

I found Vector online for 6.00 a can, 10-12 oz, and been quintuple refined. Pretty cheap. Bargain humidors.com King has the best bulk rate, but I figured I'd try the better stuff first. Have a good one.

Last edited:
G

Thanks guys, I still haven't found any locally so I guess I'll order the king butane tonight.
The more I think on it tho the more I want one of yours chiefsmokingbud, for I got ounces and ounces of trim lol. I Could utilize one of those stands in my garage while subsequently doing iso runs with the seconds during evap, and try to Git-R-Done in a day, we'll see how I like it after the test run.

Also I ripped out the injector point on mine, is that gonna pose a problem with the tane nozzle?

Picture+033.JPG

Last edited:
G

So what is the bottom line? Can you use too much butane, do you pack the container or just gravity fill, does it have to be full? Does the Pyrex pan have to set into the hot water pan or can it set directly above, i.e. on the lip? Just wonderin'........lol

G

what bout the everclear process instead of butane or alcohol? Just wonderin

G

i made this with my honey bee , and i used purilite tripple refined butane,,,,,,,
you just gota love BHO