What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maximum Electrical Footprint

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Electric heaters, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers are all about 1500 watt a piece.

On another thread about same topic, someone who worked for a power company said DEA would come in and encourage people to be rats, but the bosses would tell them when they leave, people using a lot of electric is how they make money.

Loc Dog

Veteran
For people under 3k of light, unless in trailer, minority, new, and in bad area, stop worrying.

2 dehumidifiers would do that easily.

Smell is so much worse.

Being stupid and depositing large amounts of cash is worse.

For people under 3k of light, unless in trailer, minority, new, and in bad area, stop worrying.

2 dehumidifiers would do that easily.

Smell is so much worse.

Being stupid and depositing large amounts of cash is worse.

What's too much cash deposit? You spread it out?

mowood3479

Veteran
The irs and justice dept have been leaning on banks hard the last couple years... A bank is required to report to the irs any cash transaction exceeding 9,999 but they are encouraged to report any suspicious deposits... So if u go make a 5k cash deposit and the next day deposit another 5k in cash... U would likely be flagged and have just committed a money laundering crime (structuring deposits to avoid irs flags)...
I've been told by a bank manager that they sometimes flag transactions as low as $3k...
So the bottom line is be very careful depositing cash... And whatever u do deposit be prepared to pay income tax on it....
The govt doesn't really care if you break the law but if u really wanna piss em off.. Short them on $ they think u owe them.. Then they'll fuck u up and seize all of ur belongings and property.

Loc Dog

Veteran
What's too much cash deposit? You spread it out?

Exactly as mowood said. I would worry about depositing more than un-taxable amount for year.

I personally think, keep it hidden in money box, buried somewhere at home.

Loc Dog

Veteran
My brother had friend in 1970's, that sold a lot of weed. He declared false business, and paid taxes on it. Never had a problem.

My goal is to pay insane property taxes.

If government crashes economy, cash will be best!!

marrdogg

Veteran
People before I was legal I had nice size grows with power bills $1000+ every month. My power bill now ranges but still average $3000 a month. The key to not getting caught by electric company is to pay your ENTIRE bill don't leave shit to be carried over to the next month. What we have to realize is that power companies don't have the man power to manually check all bills each month. What they rely on is computer generated bills. The program is designed to catch and pull all late and past due bills, that's when you have someone personally now checking your history. If you keep your bill paid in full it will flow with their program, if your late paying..., YOU BEEN WARNED!

PEACE!

marrdogg

Veteran
My brother had friend in 1970's, that sold a lot of weed. He declared false business, and paid taxes on it. Never had a problem.

My goal is to pay insane property taxes.

If government crashes economy, cash will be best!!

If government crashes economy those green backs your holding onto wont be worth the price of a blunt. But then again they may make excellent rolling papers!
PEACE!

Loc Dog

Veteran
The power companies make more money selling electric, and not bothering paying customers, than big brother would offer them. If all growers suddenly became paranoid, their stocks would plummet. Oil prices have dropped enough to worry them now, anyway.

rykus

I know in BC the hydro meter readers where told to stay out of anything and mind your business,now it's smart meters,still don't know of them ever reporting a grow, and there are many 100+ light grows. Lots of people use lots of power, and why would they disrupt their best clients.

Just go outside and look at the transformer, if it says 25 you can run 25 lights max, lol..

They blink red so test it at night if you think your over, or have a neighbour on the same transformer. If it says 10 you can only run 10k even if you have a 200a service...

I know in BC the hydro meter readers where told to stay out of anything and mind your business,now it's smart meters,still don't know of them ever reporting a grow, and there are many 100+ light grows. Lots of people use lots of power, and why would they disrupt their best clients.

Just go outside and look at the transformer, if it says 25 you can run 25 lights max, lol..

They blink red so test it at night if you think your over, or have a neighbour on the same transformer. If it says 10 you can only run 10k even if you have a 200a service...

How do you know where to look on the transformer? I thought those are 25ft up on the pole...

rykus

Yes, if the power is underground. Our underground transformers are large green boxes. Minimum 100 kv/a in 2 or 3 phase... That's the ideal situation. Should still say 100 , 250 or 500 on the front and have other warning and hazard stickers on it.

I would be inclined to run that pretty hard and worry more about local laws and police rights, and investing wisely to in anyway preventing them from obtaining further evidence.

In Canada police are not allowed on private property with out a warrant unless on call like 911 hang up, violence, crime in progress ect... But you need signage and posted address, best to post a # too then they have too call first.

Anyways pretty sure they need 3 things to get a search warrant(unless they just lie) so huge hydro bill alone won't do it, next step if the hydro was step 2 because you already became of interest for other actions, then they would go by the address and look for visible signs or smell/noise that would indicate grow and get warrant....good fences and well built/clean shows are great, signage and cameras is even better.

Basically IMO run hard, be safe/pre emotive, retain reputable legal counsel.

Yes, if the power is underground. Our underground transformers are large green boxes. Minimum 100 kv/a in 2 or 3 phase... That's the ideal situation. Should still say 100 , 250 or 500 on the front and have other warning and hazard stickers on it.

I would be inclined to run that pretty hard and worry more about local laws and police rights, and investing wisely to in anyway preventing them from obtaining further evidence.

In Canada police are not allowed on private property with out a warrant unless on call like 911 hang up, violence, crime in progress ect... But you need signage and posted address, best to post a # too then they have too call first.

Anyways pretty sure they need 3 things to get a search warrant(unless they just lie) so huge hydro bill alone won't do it, next step if the hydro was step 2 because you already became of interest for other actions, then they would go by the address and look for visible signs or smell/noise that would indicate grow and get warrant....good fences and well built/clean shows are great, signage and cameras is even better.

Basically IMO run hard, be safe/pre emotive, retain reputable legal counsel.

Great tips, for sure.

My additional concern is surrounding police activity that is invisible in nature, e.g. monitoring your phone calls, text messaging, GPS location (if one has a smartphone), etc. The USA PATRIOT Act is an Act of Congress that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001. Its title is a ten-letter backronym (USA PATRIOT) that stands for "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001".

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011, a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records, and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves"—individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.

Who's to say that this capacity for the police at large can't be used by the DEA on smaller scales to target and pinpoint a variety of "illegal operations"? But then again, is it really worth the tax money to try and pinch out comparatively tiny grows? Like someone else had mentioned, the DEA is probably just looking for grows that fill entire houses and generate millions. A few thousand watts would hardly but a blip on their radar. But how can one be sure.....? :abduct:

rykus

In my experience you have to be doing either 1 stupid thing that leads them there, or involved in other things to really attract more attention ... or just some nosey person sees you doing something and reports...

Really though if it's not your address, you aren't possessing things that lead them there in your vehicle/home/person, and your out work at 8 home by 8 guy as much as possible should be able to not worry about hydro too much.

Latest posts

Latest posts