What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maximum Electrical Footprint

CoCoSativas

Hello Pro Growers,

Getting caught is probably the most common fear that any grower in a non-legal state/country could have. :microwave:
Obviously there are a range of factors that go into "how" a person can get caught, and the one that is the most mysterious to me is that of being flagged for "excessive" electricity use, thus becoming subject to some type of investigation.

What have y'all heard/experienced in terms of "maximum" elecrtricity use before one runs the risk of being flagged as a possible grow operation?

I hear of people having 12k in lights and growing without worry, while other posts are people with merely a few hundred watts and they're shaking everytime a car drives by. But realistically speaking, what factors go into this? Example: apartment growing compared to a house? House w/ 2 bedrooms compared to 4? Rurual compared to Suburban compared to Urban? Utilizing solar panels compared to being plugged directly to the electrical company?

Please illuminate this issue and/or provide a link if you know of a similar post where this topic has been thrashed threadbare.

thanks.

It's area dependant power is watched 100 times more closely in the UK than in North America.

Anyone scarred with a 400 watt grow is rediculous anywhere in the world they will be fine.

I am runnin 600 have 2400 total. Ran 4000 in the past for years feel comfortable in my area up to 16 000 watts. Next province over I'd be fine with any power amount because no one cares it's part of the local economy. If I was in a commercial space I wouldn't even worry about it.

For a personal grow 400-4000 watts setup as 600 or 1000 watt lights would keep a couple of heavy smokers going my wife and I hit it hard and a 1 square meter grow could hold us

Ajunta Pall

If the cops are looking into your power bills, at least where I live, then that means you already fucked up. Most likely because you let a rat in on your grow, or you made your neighbors suspicious.