What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Matanuska Thunderfuck lineage

sznake

jarhead
If the original is an autoflower, it sounds to me that it might have Russian origins.

Autoflowering cannabis originated in Russia.

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
The original MTF was an autoflowering strain. Highly sought after and highly-guarded.
Lost my cut several years ago unfortunately. :frown:

burningfire

Veteran
If the original is an autoflower, it sounds to me that it might have Russian origins.

Autoflowering cannabis originated in Russia.

I don't think that's true, there are autoflowering individuals anywhere where there's a big enough population pool. nepal, india, china.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, my mtf is 3 feet tall and has been supercropped and topped the whole way. No auto and not short.

Mine's probably some breeders version.
...I wouldnt sweat it smiley(or anyone who doubts thier cut is the original)...like i said there are soooo many versions nowadays....if it comes from alaska, its gonna be bomb...:)

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I grew the supposed original outdoors about 8 years ago. I got the seeds from some cats that grew around a thousand of them up in the wilds of our great nation.
They turned purple as Fu*k when it got cold and had great frost resistance. They just bred them down the line for seeds the next year. The phenotypes varied but stayed within a certain area....mostly Sativa.
Some auto flowered and finished in late July,while others grew enormous buds the size of your leg and finished in mid October.
The seeds were small and dark...some striped.
These guys get around 1 to 2 lbs per plant at about 3000 ft.
I crossed it with Bubbleberry to kick it up a notch...it worked!

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Original Alsakan Thunderfuck Only grows about three feet max and autoflowers . The one I have was brought back from a friend who was stationed in Alaska in the early seventies .
This is the closest thing I've seen to the original.....very close!

Lone Wolf

Veteran
"My MTF is cooler then your MTF.......nuh uh, MY MTF is the REALLLL MTF, no no, miiiiiiine is the real MTF that i got from the real deal MTF Man" :nanana:

osoloco69

Would you please elaborate as to which clone vendors are currently offering the strain? I had this strain for a long time and gave it out to a few people. I have since lost contact with those groups of people(overgrow died) and haven't seen it since. I would really appreciate any help you could give in helping me locate a club/vendor that offers the real MVTF.

I guess it isn't at any clubs anymore?

BlackBart

Veteran
I don't know if I have the real deal or not . Just what I was told . I know its not Lowryder ...mine is much more potent . Who knows for sure .. i'll just enjoy it ! :tiphat:

Cuzin_Dave

Grew out the Grimm's Matanuska back in 2002. It was very dank. It might have been just plain luck but it was some of the dankest bud I have ever seen.

BlackBart

Veteran
Yeah Dave the Bros. Grimm version is a good one . I have it ...haven't grown it in quite a few years though .

superjoint

i could careless if the cuts are even from alaska of anywhere really ,or if they came from some bikers gay bf ,im only going by the names on the pots given to me at the time, if it sucks it sucks if its good i keep it,, ive had these for years.. and have been breeding with the same clones as well, they are tried and true, even if thunderfuck was no where in the tag...

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
i could careless if the cuts are even from alaska of anywhere really ,or if they came from some bikers gay bf ,im only going by the names on the pots given to me at the time, if it sucks it sucks if its good i keep it,, ive had these for years.. and have been breeding with the same clones as well, they are tried and true, even if thunderfuck was no where in the tag...

Exactly 100%. With the med clones and the complete and utter failure of people to name things correctly. No cut info, no breeder info. Just mtf, or blueberry.

Only thing is to read the descriptions and keep it in mind. But with the clone situation, you rarely know anything until you flower it out.

Smiley

PS, the one I was hoping I had is actually the one going around as ATF. It's lighter dull green, and seems pale simply because it's absolutely COVERED in trichs. Like snow.

Bummer but still be interesting to see what comes of the mtf.

Cuzin_Dave

The Grimm Matanuska I grew out were non hack job F2's that I got on one of those charity auctions that used to be so popular in more liberal times in Canada. They were done by
a couple of guys out in BC and I think it cost me about $40 for 2 packages. Among the nicest F2's I think I have ever seen. Don't know how close the BC Grimm F2's were to the original Alaskan MTF, but certainly it was excellent gear and definitely different from run of the mill commercial pot. The buds were extremely gummy and smelled like turpentine. A real creeper kind of high and very complex. Had to be careful not too smoke too much at one sitting.

superjoint

Exactly 100%. With the med clones and the complete and utter failure of people to name things correctly. No cut info, no breeder info. Just mtf, or blueberry.

Only thing is to read the descriptions and keep it in mind. But with the clone situation, you rarely know anything until you flower it out.

Smiley

PS, the one I was hoping I had is actually the one going around as ATF. It's lighter dull green, and seems pale simply because it's absolutely COVERED in trichs. Like snow.

Bummer but still be interesting to see what comes of the mtf.

to me the ATF is awesome to. i like the
northern lights kinda smell it has ,and one of the frostiest plants ,,old school taste like smoking 1985 in nug form:dance013:

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
to me the ATF is awesome to. i like the
northern lights kinda smell it has ,and one of the frostiest plants ,,old school taste like smoking 1985 in nug form:dance013:

Yeah the atf is just an overall winner..... clear as day when you see the frost.... you feel the stickiness, the smell and then high is amazing.

So I'll keep my eyes peeled but I got a couple others that are way more interesting..... the search continues.

Smiley