What's new

Master Nevil..Cannabis Castle article.......

Arf

If everything was still so superb after all these years why is everyone still searching for a good haze? I'm merely playing devils advocate. I'm very up to date on lineages and history. It's sad to say... But they're long gone. A mere shell of what they used to be.

Everyone isn't, most people grow hybrids with a fair bit of indica in them to get faster flowering, and more compact plants. Those types of strains dominate the seed market. However, some people still like serious sativa dominant strains, because the buzz is a bit different. There have been many attempts to get the sativa buzz into an indoor plant, Neville's Haze is one of the better efforts, however it's still 16weeks or more, so it doesn't sell as well as the other faster beans. It's for enthusiasts of which there are many.

idiit

Veteran
There have been many attempts to get the sativa buzz into an indoor plant

jojo aww heirloom beans. incredible. perfect for haze and zamal hybrids.

^ exactly what i'm working on atm.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Liniage information in any form is good.

Obviously it's impossible to know if a line is what it says it is without a dna check. But still it's good to have some information

Yeh I'm cool capt ...good to see you back at it. Been tool long

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
jojo aww heirloom beans. incredible. perfect for haze and zamal hybrids.

^ exactly what i'm working on atm.

G`day I

Not sure what makes AWW special ?
Rumour says its a cut of f1 WW stolen from a Canna fair . Then crossed with NL . Yawn ...

I have grown crosses from Mota Rebel using AWW . meh .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

idiit

Veteran
G`day I

Not sure what makes AWW special ?
Rumour says its a cut of f1 WW stolen from a Canna fair . Then crossed with NL . Yawn ...

I have grown crosses from Mota Rebel using AWW . meh .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

worn out male clone in all the currently available aww hybrids.

like comparing some young tight bootie to the same shit 20 years and 3,000 dicks later. :)

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G day I

Worn out male ?
How does a clone wear out ? How does its pollen change ?

New clone = new pecker .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

FireIn.TheSky

G day I

Worn out male ?
How does a clone wear out ? How does its pollen change ?

New clone = new pecker .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

It can't really be tested but whose to say a parent doesnt start offering different genetic dominance as it ages.

When a male human starts to get old the pecker gets tired, the sperm count gets lower, and I think there is a higher chance of developmental issues with the child. So maybe plants are the same, who really knows.

I've wondered before the health of a parental plant change the genetics it might pass on.

I know with humans the healthier the parents the better quality traits get passed on. So does a healthy male or female plant pass on different genetics than an unhealthy male or female?

Can one breeding produce better offspring than a different breeding if environmental conditions are more favorable?

idiit

Veteran
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
How does a clone wear out ?
GROW Q&A: MOTHER PLANTS AND GENETIC DRIFT
By Danny Danko January 28, 2015
Dear GP,
Mother plants kept in good standing, without stresses and problems, should continue to put out clones with the same potency and vigor as they have for years. On the other hand, mother plants that have suffered in life and been traumatized will likely pass a certain amount of that trauma on to their rooted cuttings. Thus, keeping a mother plant healthy and thriving is the key to avoiding a loss in odor, flavor or potency.
http://hightimes.com/grow/grow-qa-mother-plants-and-genetic-drift/

motarebel had a crew. they were all running the aww male in hybrids. I ran a couple. can't remember the second but the first was tw/aww. they sucked.

elmer, you ran an aww hybrid if I read your post correctly and it sucked.

reef has a couple of aww hybrids out and some ppl got a good keeper pheno from their posts.

almost every breeder that ran the aww male in hybrids quit the lines.

maybe the aww male everyone was using was not the best aww representation.

maybe the daddy clone plant somewhere early on was used and abused ( 3,000 dicks analogy).

aww is not pure ww.

the jojo aww beans are putting out some real nice phenos. I've got a "sweet thang" leaning pheno i'm using.

from what I've read;

1). dna does shift over time.

2). rna does shift over time.

The bottom line is that our genes, biology and health can be altered – for better or worse – at any given moment. Our DNA is much more fluid than previously thought.
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/nutrients-nutrition-1949.html

Epigenetics is a term which is used to describe situations in which genes express themselves differently, although the underlying DNA is the same. For example, if a calico cat is cloned, the clone will not look physically identical, despite the fact that their genetic code is the same. This is because the expression of genes is influenced by epigenetics.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-epigenetics.htm

Betterhaff

Veteran
Ugh, genetic drift is a population genetics dynamic, it has nothing to do with the individual other than the alleles it may contribute to the next generation. Other factors may be at play with what happens to a clone “wearing out” but it’s not genetic drift.

One thing that always bothers me with this topic, about clones “wearing out”, there are many important cultivars in agriculture that have been cultivated asexually for decades and decades. The danger here is lack of diversity and the onset of new pathogens that may have evolved or are introduced that the cultivar has no resistance to.

idiit

Veteran
I carefully avoided the "genetic drift" descriptor.

really a different topic than clone dna/rna degradation from what I read.

there is a lot of discussion about today's seed stock and clone base not up to par in the eyes of the beholders.
^^ https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=322735

the concept that "dna is not fixed" is going to be a controversial one me thinks.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I carefully avoided the "genetic drift" descriptor.
My blood boils when I see that term used for this subject, it popped out at me in the title by Danny Danko. And yes you did avoid it in your text, sorry.
...there is a lot of discussion about today's seed stock and clone base not up to par in the eyes of the beholders.
Probably part of the problem is more due to loss of parent clones from the past and the genetics being used are from subsequent generations, not that that is a totally bad thing but it may be creating a bottle neck with selected lines. This would be an example of genetic drift.
the concept that "dna is not fixed" is going to be a controversial one me thinks.
Yes

morningdewd

I still have the magazine and bought hundreds of his stock .made gobs of f2 they have been in the freezer for 25/30 plus years and are viable as I check batches once a year. my pheno hunt will begin when I have time but definitely looking for hash plant pure ,nl1 xhp,g13 x hp,and skunk #1, nl2 ,nl/haze skunk haze .a couple of years I messaged him on this site and he responded .in fact if your out there Neville hit me up lets recover those lost genes !MD

Elmer Bud

Veteran
It can't really be tested but whose to say a parent doesnt start offering different genetic dominance as it ages.

When a male human starts to get old the pecker gets tired, the sperm count gets lower, and I think there is a higher chance of developmental issues with the child. So maybe plants are the same, who really knows.

I've wondered before the health of a parental plant change the genetics it might pass on.

I know with humans the healthier the parents the better quality traits get passed on. So does a healthy male or female plant pass on different genetics than an unhealthy male or female?

Can one breeding produce better offspring than a different breeding if environmental conditions are more favorable?

G day FIS

Your projecting human characteristics onto a plant .
Bro science bro .

Danny Danko is not a reputable source of information in my opinion . High Times cultivation expert . Meh ...

New clone new life . The story about Dolly the sheep aging prematurely was debunked recently .

@ I

Yes Mota made hybs .
Still dont agree a clone that is cut fresh is the same as a human body aging . Or the analogy of a womans vagina .
Fresh clone fresh pollen .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

FireIn.TheSky

G day FIS

Your projecting human characteristics onto a plant .
Bro science bro .

Actually, it's not. It's epigenetics as mentioned above, epigenetics is kind of a new science but it applies to all living things and is how environment and health alter outcomes.

S

sourpuss

Actually, it's not. It's epigenetics as mentioned above, epigenetics is kind of a new science but it applies to all living things and is how environment and health alter outcomes.

I agree with your thoughts. Genetics can be observed thru different things like birds for example the way neville learned.. same with humans... all the way down to insects and plants...