What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master growers' cultivating a higher grade of marijuana

gingerale

Veteran
^ I can go to the ski hill in winter and enjoy it. Then in the summer it's 70* and breezy all day (18+ hours) on the beach....

laaaaaaaaaa

maxima32

This was a great read and I am glad I took the time to actually read and not skim threw that bullshite!! Master grower = Greedy, immature bud producer who loves paying utility companies!! F that , I am cursing the day marijuana gardening goes fucking corporate ! Support local produce!!!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
^ I moved far enough North that AC is never necessary in my grow. Winning :dance013:

Who the fuck wants to live far enough NORTH where you don't need air LOL LOL NO thanks ...I would rather suffer the heat then this shitty cold crap.. The only thing about going tooooo far South is the bud seems to get shittier and more expensive headband 707:tiphat:

gingerale

Veteran
Don't knock it til you've tried it. I once would have said the same thing too. Turns out those crazy Yankees aren't so crazy after all.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^I live near one of the coldest places in the continental USA in the winter, but it gets about 85 in the summer so I need a/c. In the winter at night though it is usually like zero degrees, and I cant make my flower room go above 72 even with vert bulbs, but in the summer I run two portables to keep temp at 75- 78 when lights are on.

For summers I would like to build a 30x30 foot enclosed green house and convert an above ground pool to a giant dwc res. Basically dwc with endless root room and the power of the sun and the long cali grow season.

gingerale

Veteran
At my spot it gets into the 90s sometimes in the summer. At night its never any warmer than low 70s though, mostly 50s or 60s, so that's when I run the lights. Another thing that helps is having some kind of large shaded area to draw your air from, which keeps the inlet air temps down.

In the winter the key is just having good insulation on your building. If you have enough lights, they double as heaters and will keep the place warm, but the problem then becomes how to get rid of that humidity without losing the heat. A dehumidifier works, but a better solution is a heat exchanger, to capture most out of the heat from your outlet air and re-route it to the inlet, while allowing a high air exchange rate.

In my grow (with no heat exchanger) I just vent half the air back into the building to help keep it humid, since it gets dry in winter, half outside to always ensure fresh air is being pulled in and keep the humidity down, reduce overall airflow, and turn the lights up to maximum. No problems keeping the temps perfect all year round, with no A.C. and only a little gas burnt to keep the building warm when lights are off. I was only having problems in the early days when I didn't have a proper ventilation setup, no insulation, etc.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^I built my own custom heat exchange system above my room, from scratch so I could hook a up carbon filter and silencer, and have it fit where I need it. It was super easy, I can send you ideas if you like.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts