What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master growers' cultivating a higher grade of marijuana

Ya what is a Master Grower? Do any of these guys have a PHD? It's seems to me that most of these master growers dont' even have a 4 year degrees much less a masters or PHD. When the market calls uneducated people masters you know there is a ton of opportunity. The true skill sets of these master growers is to avoid dectection of the law and for that they should get credit but you can't compare to them to a real Botanist who has experience in cultivation. They are more like gardeners in fact I would say that gardeners will outperform them because gardeners are doing it for the right reasons!

An uneducated gardener is going outperform a PhD in plant science? Really? You think a business is going to bank on the so called master grower when legalization comes? They are going to hire the educated person to run the show and the guy that thinks he is a master will be tending buds for minimum wage. You know some people have decades of experience and a degree to back it up. If you want to compete with those guys then start studying.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't you just hate it when folks give themselves "master" credentials. Just sayin

Yes I think that is something that must be decided by a panel, if it is going to be official.

Really though, the plant is the master of us. Look how it gets us to clone and breed it to keep it alive forever. It gets us to bend our schedule around its preferred schedule. It gets us to spend thousands of dollars building it an environment that simulates heaven for them basically.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man I can't wait til the day legalization arrives. I get what this dude is saying about being a hermit, that's me right now as I lay low, grow, think, and plan. When this shit is legal its gonna be a day of reckoning when all these shit talking mofos who think they are the best ever (myself included....lol) get to go out there and prove it. When the heavy hand of government prohibition is lifted and the free market comes alive, thats when it gets real.

I am confident. I'll Pepsi challenge my bud against anyone's in a legal market. Even if I lose It would be hella fun, and I'll know to partner up with the guy that beat me. lol

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Liking the part about taking your business seriously. Higher levels of professionalism are required for society to agree the common Joe in the MJ industry isn't a bro who's vocabulary solely consists of 'dank' and 'fire'.

so....go change your ICmag name...so you can be "more professional" ...

Does that mean names like Green Crack, Puss Kush, etc. need to leave as well to make things more professional?

How much of our world do we sacrifice to an abstract goal before it's no longer even ours anymore - isn't that just conforming? Bye-Bye counter culture...

dank.Frank

supermanlives

Veteran
you cant breed till your a master grower.ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. i got plenty of strains better than those so called masters made. where my master grower hat i need to make some more crosses. i will never consider myself a master. there is always something to learn

supermanlives

Veteran
whats the requirement of master grower ? is there a test. does someone who has grown 1000s of plants qualify. what about the poor guy who can only grow a few at a time. will he be destined to never become a master grower? lots of people with big egos .you can breed without charts ,graphs and schooling. just some basic knowledge. altho i did go to school for horticulture here in cali. cuyamaca in el cajon

Last edited:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Well it's good to see them try to raise the bar because it needs to be raised no more of this fluffy high yield shit picked at the wrong time to get the product out. It sad to think that ppl think that we are not out their with discriminating tastes lol of course we are..Stay real headband 707

Really though, the plant is the master of us. Look how it gets us to clone and breed it to keep it alive forever. It gets us to bend our schedule around its preferred schedule. It gets us to spend thousands of dollars building it an environment that simulates heaven for them basically.

Best quote ever! So true!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the intended audience for that article was the publications general readership..not us internet grow snobs...in that light i think it was a good article..to someone who knows very little other than its legal..that might impress them and cast a good light on the business...the battle is still being waged in the court of public opinion and thats a HELL of a lot better then the usual..
...you can tell the author was impressed..ha

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Latest posts

Latest posts