MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bass Akwards said:
Julian is probably right about using this technique with his style of late-season growing. Every time I've used this technique, it's been early Spring and the plants were expected to grow all season. These were pure Sativas that grew tall and thin, closely spaced, with little room for branching, under banks of T-12 tubes. By today's standards, it wasn't the best way to start plants indoors, but ... you do what you can do, when you can do it, the best way you know how to do it at the time.
Okay.....you've got the nuances....I didn't really want to address (cause long list), but, that was kind of the point in general.....floros, early, and so on.....possible?.....Probably....(with smaller pellets I've gotten to about 6" but some stretching was starting, but roots adequate to go out, size okay, etc.......(again, endless scenarios and slight variations......)

The way I run things....(close as possible under 1k's, feeding from start, constant feedings...), definitely a limit to medium...and restrictions then having different effects, etc......(later scenario becomes of course you wnt the least possible restrictions, because, basically, they go out and flower, and,.....well....since they are starting to flower essentially when they go out....well, whatever you have at the time is the building block,so....any restrictions just going to hurt you directly in any yield (which is already an issue with small ones), which again less applicable when early season....
It's still a viable method for a small, full season, operator with limited space and resources, who can either start clones, or isn't bothered by the unfavorable M/F ratio that can result from starting seeds in shallow containers. ( We pre-sensi growers never worried about males, they were a "feature" that added weight to the crop, and could be dried and sold while the females were still finishing. Those were the days! )
I wouldn't agree with the shallow container aspect, as, again, if approach is right...container less an issue to a point (again, fine lines and nuances....which again would go to someone working on smaller scale then has other options regarding spacing......(If volume and numbers allowed, and, coinciding with all of the above....I'd prefer to just do the 4-5" ers....(which, again, can be used just like all discussed, and extremely affective......I've done a lot of, call em 4.5"s for early things in past, and, was phenomenal...(just large...and, get a tray full, soil, and filled with water and pretty heavy to be moving trays, and, the more guerilla location, the more of a PITA it is to move them.........I remember working a ravine style location...bout 200-300 feet down at basically a 45 degree angle.(full trays, drill(s), everything basically 50-150+/-lbs........can't remember what I hated more...going down heavy, or going up heavy.....

Again...and, has to do with foil wrapping......yes, when good spacing and multiple daily feeds takes the tone of hydro, and medium (size) less important....well, at some point, restrictions begin, so....I've never had any unfavorable results regarding M/F rations and such....
For the past few seasons, I've been regressing back to my Original growing method: seeds in the ground. There's enough hassle and paranoia just preparing a guerilla plot, much less hauling a backpack full of plants over hill and dale ... or in my case, crawling on hands and knees through thick tangles of invasive species. Darwinian selection has a place in my breeding scheme, and so far, it's been working.
Dragging heavy trays through isn't anymore attractive either.......

Can't bring myself to plant in ground (would be more efficient for larger mini runs....and in future larger AF runs, especially if acreage.....but, to me.....prior prep, at the very least in the pellets.....seems a very small degree of control which greatly affects final efficiency....(spacing, viable plants already known....no dead spaces, more uniform of desired spacing, and so on..........)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Notes:
Variables....nuances.....

Was talking to a friend this week, and, topic came up which plays off many things above (numbers, variables..nuances....)

The above.....1,000 plants.....

One thousand....a figure which we know the majority wave off as an impossibility.....

Variables?....well how about this: :smoke:
1,000 plants can go in as little as maybe under 20' x 20'.....

Or can fill 2 acres......(9 x 9 footprint, early season, 81,000 sq. ft. and that's without the walkways........any access trails.....)

I thought it an interesting (and amusing) fleeting thought on how a minor change either way can yield such significant differences....

What determines where it lies between those 2?.

Your thoughts. :smoke:

Nothing else.......whatever you decide.....:smoke:

R

randude101

Someday I hope to do something like this. Maybe next year. I have to be comfortable to do it.

Book and links to it are in that section of thread.....not going to backtrack...it's there......5 minutes or less to find it pales in comparison to what if offers....

Maybe someone else who has bought it can also refer you.

Good to hear.....even more glad to hearing doing "all" :smoke:.....feels good, doesn't it? :smoke:

Thanks man.....the same to you.....(I'm actually trying to put something together to be an absolutely unbelievable establishment that I came across and is very rare.......places like that do not come up often...at all...(and even when they do, they usually go to similar groups before ever hitting market...so...)

At the moment.....beyond swamped....so far beyond not even funny :biglaugh:....but, whatever....I've got more done in past 2 weeks, on more things than I have in a long time...what little free time I had I filled with doing yet more things that haven't been done in a while.....(make use of all the adrenaline :smoke:) Looks like another day of it all, so....(I love being busy.....like, really busy.....I really love it......I learned a long time ago......the down time comes when you least expect and sometimes don't want it, so....no matter how much one has to do...only temporary.......do what you have to when you have to and downtime will come shortly, so....:smoke:)

No........I disagree.....not possible.....

Now, when I say "possible", and, the point in general when discussed is restrictions....

There is no way to get a nice 15" plant in a 2' pellet.......(a plant?....sure...possible.....but how stretched, and so on.....)

I sometimes have things going on up to 6th set in 7 days and 2" tall.....

Possible?...probably......max I have is about 6"...but, again, the reason that was the max was restrictions.....and, as noted above....becomes basically hydro, which is the only thing that enables that........(2-4 times a day watered to control root mass....)

At about 10-14 days....the issue also changes over to basically any longer would completely entangle all roots beyond a comfortable level....so....No.....no way to get a 15" solid out of a smaller pellet......I feel confident in stating that.....(Seems to me the foil would only further restrict......)

Now..........now......if going early in season?....might not be such a bad thing because it would have time to recover and resume veg....but, again...if stretching issues to start with, again, you have restrictions that are already/will affect growth patterns from that point on (which was the point of the above.....ie: Situation and conditions which would not affect...

Nah.......I've done probably well over 100,000 pellets....feel confident in stating wouldn't work well or deliver desirable results.....

If was able, would be more than glad to do an experiment.....but, from what I know, with the experience I have with them, no....I don't think 15" (tight, dense plant) is possible in a std. pellet wrapped with foil.......absolutely not....(I don't even think I could get 15" out of a larger pellet....but that's not what I am after...time is the issue...height is meaningless....

I've had them almost dissolve in my hands when removing from trays and transplanting...likewise, my experience they go out when roots almost completely penetrating entire container exterior.....(again, with tight spacing the issue of roots becoming entangled.....

Comparing to foam, you get infinite more growth, as, earlier, if doing it right, basically becomes hydro method/approach.....

Peat pots (as earlier, even first post of thread) limitations are upon the user........there is a definite way to use them, maintain the...most don't understand this....

A earlier pages of thread.....I love them, swear by them and have never had an experience less than stellar with them....(again.....used properly....seems,realistically, about 97% of people do not use them as they should be.....)

Thanks...but,....nah.....

I think the larger ones will do fine..(as above, still a fraction of the footprint for 3" pots.....but probably 3-4 times more growth than the 2" pellets....)

Peat pots you wouldn't have to, especially if you use them right. Can easily get a foot out of the 3"ers with no restricted growth...good spacing....(which is what it is about, the point.....might be able to get a 4' er in a 3" pot.....but that's not a plant you want :smoke:....

I think people veg far too long in anyway....so.....

I've said my piece on it, and don't appreciate you drawing me into this conversation, as was had elsewhere...

Diapers contain the very same crystals. (feel free to look it up)

You can buy 5-10lbs for around 30 bucks.(that's minus, you know......the diapers..:biglaugh:)..Look around for a better price..

It's just a case of reinventing the wheel when you have a fully stocked extensive inventory tire store across the street :smoke:...

The entire object of the game is to operate at the highest efficiency possible......I don't see using a larger, bulkier product to obtain the benefits of something many times smaller as intelligent, or efficient...

An amusing analogy escapes me at the moment.....but I am sure there are many...:smoke:...(ie: One wants crystals, so they buy diapers......Hmmm.....makes perfect sense :smoke:)

I'll just buy them straight........(mental note....I need some copper piping, so will just go buy a house I can take the pipe from :smoke:)...

Btw.......was gone over very early in thread, with many links, to many sources, to many kinds...

This topic of diapers and polymer crystals may have been discussed earlier in thread, but how was I to know? I tried reading the thread in it's entirety but it is qute extensive at 300+ pages.. It might take me months to read the entire thread.. It was just an idea I had been pondering for quite sometime. Earlier today I did the research on it, and found it would in fact be much more efficient and cost effective to buy the commercial polymer "water retention" crystals. Also, Disposable diapers contain a different form of polymer than moisture crystals. Diapers contain poly acrylate (basically a synthetic form), and moisture crystals contain polyacrylamide.
After tearing apart a diaper and finding and separating the polymer crystals, I was surprised at how much larger the hydrated crystals became compared to their dry form.. I was looking at the size of the commercial bags of crystals and the price on them, and thinking they were really overcharging. Now I see how far that little bag will get me. I've decided to grab a few bags on the crystals and use them in my outdoor plots. They will be amended into Pro-Mix for my mother plants to flower in.
Thanks A lot Julian

GFam

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many different forms of crystals......as far as water retention issues, they're all the same shit.

Thanks for reading. Good luck.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
randude101 said:
Someday I hope to do something like this. Maybe next year. I have to be comfortable to do it.
Ehhh, growing and comfort level seems to always work itself out out most of the time....for everyone...always......

In or out, always a natural progression.....be it from 1 to 5 to 20 to 40 through 100 to 300 to 600 and so on.......

(but then a fine line because we're required to also put forth the necessary effort and desire and such regardless of size.....)

I hope you do. You'll like it :smoke:

I always laughed when people talk of no love and no heart, blah, blah, blah ,blah and all that shit regarding larger grows.........I mean, is there anyone who loves it who doesn't wish they could? :biglaugh:......uh oh...today might be analogy day cause that one made me thing of many funny ones.......

Of course.......I am sure there are those who would say no.....but in life then I would question many things about personality.........nothing wrong with wanting to work/express oneself in their chosen field more....to accomplish more...to always accomplish more....to execute better each time...to get better results each time...explore different methods.......

Frankly....anyone who would say such is the one I would think is lacking the love for it :smoke:

Siwutumsain?

:smoke:

I have an interest lately in something........not sure if going to do.....have been thinking a lot about it....if so, has to be started and done quick......but.....really...would be the pinnacle of absolutelyfuckininsane urban........

Just trying to figure out certain fine details about access and such throughout.......but...thinking about it, and, if I do that?....well, I will release all specific details and pics when it's done.......(and kill handle....because details would really pinpoint me a little more than I feel comfortable with :smoke:....but......it would have to be shared for it to truly be believed and appreciated........too good to never share :smoke:.......too good.....:smoke:.....too good a story/location/op.....access is a bitch all across the board....so, if I can come up with a way and even get a few people and radios involved, etc...maybe can be done.......

V

vod

People and radio is a thought that makes such calming ripples...

Heavy machinery moved into my most urban spot and dug up good bits of it. I knew it could happen. I'm watching the activities... spot most likely lost, but it's not decided yet.

Forest spot, early plantings are huge. About 1.70m already and huge beautiful leaves. Like my both hands spread. I had such a rush of euforia when I saw them :D Gardening is so beautiful sometimes :D Love the summer explosion. If they keep going like this they will be monsters end of july he he... How sweet would it be to have a home garden full of such beauty, all season, every day, without fear!

Love love love, trees and more more more :D

I totally agree:

I always laughed when people talk of no love and no heart, blah, blah, blah ,blah and all that shit regarding larger grows.........I mean, is there anyone who loves it who doesn't wish they could? ......uh oh...today might be analogy day cause that one made me thing of many funny ones.......

Of course.......I am sure there are those who would say no.....but in life then I would question many things about personality.........nothing wrong with wanting to work/express oneself in their chosen field more....to accomplish more...to always accomplish more....to execute better each time...to get better results each time...explore different methods.......

Frankly....anyone who would say such is the one I would think is lacking the love for it

Siwutumsain?

I have an interest lately in something........not sure if going to do.....have been thinking a lot about it....if so, has to be started and done quick......but.....really...would be the pinnacle of absolutelyfuckininsane urban........

I hope it works out :D
Sounds good :smoke:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okayyyyy...........

Complete and total
ferocity has set in.....my extreme strongarm approach with problem people has yielded immediate and drastic changes in certain individuals performance...and ready to go......

Some slight changes being made in scheduling and plantings....some a little earlier, some a little later...some procedural changes here and there....some variations to what I originally wanted to do......but....hard to explain.....some might get it....others maybe never........ie: I can plan and schedule all I like...but.....that urge sets in to move....and I usually take advantage of it and follow it.......(cause when that urge sets in....that "feeling".....I hit it full force and get a lot done, quick, etc.......so.....I always have/do "run with it".......)

Lot of things underway.....maybe even more than I planned....

(The result of the above possibly meaning slightly larger plants :smoke: :biglaugh:...(I got the bug...so....)

Meeting(s) today and tomorrow and plantings starting this weekend......should have 4,000 over the next 2 weeks......

(little concerned....I've had 6"-1'ers planted July 1st hit 6' July 31st....so....was not my intention...was not what I planned.....but....long story...is what it is.....)

vod said:
Heavy machinery moved into my most urban spot and dug up good bits of it. I knew it could happen. I'm watching the activities... spot most likely lost, but it's not decided yet.
Keep an eye and gauge......entire area...and keep in mind wide range of approaches...(could do minis a month from now, etc)......

Couple quick stories and points (I'm in adrenaline mode....usually sets in much easier but later this season :smoke:)
1.I have a construction site...somewhere......untouched.......completely private and well fenced....with fence almost solid......very overgrown...(level of growth currently about 3-5'........looks like project put on hold...might do a quick round there if can find a good access point.....(I have a dedicated "2nd man" now for any job.....trainee I spoke about much, much earlier actually (several grows under belt but no true success.....), so....my abilities just sort of expanded a little...(I have always had different people to use...but always restrictions on scheduling...this guy is available for anything, anywhere, anytime 24/7 this season.....)

Everything about spot good aside from access...(if access point can be established.....no problem, good spot...but, again...have to keep an eye on things, and, sexing as will throw extra seed (starts) there might be an issue......we'll have to work on it.....

2. As earlier in thread...had a great commercial spot...had done for several years, always great, easy...low insect issue, low animal issues, good sun, wind, etc....made a night planting mission, fully loaded down, only to discover hen I got there, between that point and last time I scouted (about a month before)...they had cut everything down, done some work on the building, and turned spot into an employee spot.......

3. Had workers once almost put their supplies on my plants :smoke:.....thought done, over.....later checked and everything fine..work done, all supplies gone.......etc...(they were about 6" at the time the work started.....supplies on site were, when I say almost on plants.....about, like....a half an inch from plants :smoke:.....they never saw anything :smoke: (entire area was 1-3' vegetation, solid....plants were mini's, so, very little prep done..(urban mini's....quick in and out..minimal hole.....etc)

You never know...if you have excess to spare....throw some late ones in certain pre selected spots (where least amount of activity (or, ideally, beyond, behind such points....), might work out well and better if you can keep an eye on the spot.....
Forest spot, early plantings are huge. About 1.70m already and huge beautiful leaves. Like my both hands spread. I had such a rush of euforia when I saw them Gardening is so beautiful sometimes :D Love the summer explosion. If they keep going like this they will be monsters end of july he he... How sweet would it be to have a home garden full of such beauty, all season, every day, without fear!
I saw earlier....and was going to get to it, but, have to tell you....something above really, really moved me......

The highlighted above...........

I felt the same reading it........and, anyone real........they know what that feeling is :smoke:..........

Nothing like it.....just reading.....can't even explain what I felt....cause that's the feeling ...(sure many know it.......nothing like it :smoke:.....)

In most regions...July is the month.......so....if already 5-6'....your in for a surprise :smoke:......(as above....I've seen July give me 6"-1' to 5-6'........30 days....that much growth....July is the month...just as getting em in dictates...July usually dictates also later.......(most regions).....

know that feeling :smoke:.......fuckin moved me man...got me excited
I hope it works out
I need 2-3 people for it.....access...supplies...trips have to have several pairs of eyes out when spot is hit.......still thinking.....but lately seems more and more possible and more ideas appearing regarding planting/supplies...getting in............

You know...with anything at all in life...one can learn a lot about people and the world and their areas just by paying attention........who does what when and where and so on.....

That is the top of the list..(risky, good location)..secondary is the construction one mentioned above.......(both possible if access solved and people looking out............which are ready for work, so.......)

In all honesty.......for those matters lately....I'm starting to think it might be better if I am the one watching the area, for many reasons, while someone else does things........for many reasons......and, while some think that's because I don't want to be the one to go in........it's actually more that the watching and protecting is more important.....sorting through this mentally....means would be handing plant control and decisions over to someone else..(planting, feeding, any sexing, and so on.......people who would be going in not as well versed as me...(not a boast...is what it is....they're "trainee's........I wouldn't feel that comfortable working knowing they are around watching, keeping an eye.....ie: because their knowledge, experience, judgment, etc......I think easier for them to work and rest easy knowing I am taking care of things than the reverse.....so....

If I do the one above.....end of season, with pics, I will share exact details.....(it's a one shot....can only do right now.....)

Probably have to kill handle....change a lot up in future....as details will basically take someone right into "my neighborhood"........

The overview is truly amazing........truly....and I would consider it the absolute ultimate in urban growing......I couldn't imagine really anything that would match it....(There were the guys...links earlier in thread who grew in back of DEA unmarked office...(Texas...maybe 500 plants?...forgot)..but they were found (plants...guys not :smoke:)........so....yeah, that's a good one, but, I mean, they didn't take the product home, so.....no cigar for them :smoke:.......(correction....they get the cigar....location got cracked and they didn't......but.....you know....bringing it home...the pinnacle.....:smoke:....)

I'll of course take pics of area, location, detail where, surroundings, etc..

I really think I am going to.....(if I didn't have to sex em, I'd fuckin already have it planted......getting in....eh, can be done....getting it out?...could figure several approaches....even getting it out in smaller packages at a time.....but, getting in to sex maybe even a couple times?.......this is one where every trip increases risk......)

(By next season......going to be really, really set with fem stock...across board, af stock, etc........hate working with M/F's.....usually don't.....and now, for sure, just never want to bother with it again........ever. (which I have said before....but, now going to take steps to absolutely assure that for the future.....)

Note to urban guerrillas:
Okay...this is how it works.......

Getting "caught" near a site....well, not the end in itself...(I had it happen before).......and really not the issue..(actually...)

Overview?:
You get stopped and questioned and ID reviewed and logged.....and then the multiple issues created of, A. What if found....and then the more likely case(s) of B. Now that you have been seen and documented and warned...how the fuck do you get back in???

You cannot be seen again. Period.

In the situation I had.....no ID...(I was out jogging after all :smoke: and who carries their wallet when working out, running, etc :smoke:)

Of course in that specific scenario, what it told me was basically no more access at that time (I was visible at some point close, was not night...)...so....

I altered my schedules...changed it up....hit spots in night/rains (was just telling someone today....I love doing things in rain.....as earlier in thread....residential has windows closed....AC on (summer), vehicles will have their windows closed and limited visibility (both help with any sound also)........fuckin love the rain....

Same applies for forest spots....darker, pouring.....immediately reduces who will be out and where and when, etc.......

So.....one can either walk away.....(and actually if found, and documented.....most likely if connected would have a visit, etc....)......or one can adjust approaches, times, conditions for access.....etc.......

I would really like to get these things done.......really..(2 most urban and risky)....but, all depends on if I get commitment from a couple people..(which then affects volume.........one thing to do by yourself, for yourself......when compensating several people......as earlier...automatically basically triples or more your volume needed to get the same....so........but, for me....I think just "sport" :biglaugh:.....(Right now looking like old days.....I might end up doing 30 different spots, so...already put 2 people on notice at end of season...if all well.....might refuse my split and let them have it all (from those 2 specific things....)

This week made me realize..........I'm in it for sport :biglaugh:.....to "win"....(talked to a cop on OG about that once......different people do it for different reasons.........for me...yeah, ps is always nice........sure....but I work a lot so aside from harvest season don't smoke too much........money's great too.........but, eh......I can get "what I need" from a nice single op......and so on, and so on.....and, then, to some? :smoke:.....well, you have "the game"....you have "winning"...(I am a trader after all....:smoke:....and know my trading is about winning...not the money .....)

Have something else in discussion also which might surprise some people..(shouldn't, but will..:smoke:)...not one of my areas of expertise really...(meaning done specific locations and situations before)..,....but, it's available.....can have plants in and going blink of an eye and people taking care of tasks (that I can rely on to do what needs to be done, when and where, without any whining.....) so, we will see....

Only limitations right now is how fast I can turnround rounds....and, will be planting a lot a little earlier, so....larger plants might make the difference on some things.......although (still thinking out loud :smoke:.....).....have contemplated they will be going out smaller than in similar situations, smaller holes, so, while minis was my original target and interest....and not interested in larger......think several factors can prevent them from getting too large (out smaller, smaller hole,and so on....my 1'-6' July was nice hole....and 1'ers.......so......lesser hole(s), and, maybe 2" ers might make quite a difference (and of course going from 24/0 straight out also might trigger, which would be fine.......if they ended up 4' in most spots...would be okay........if they don't trigger...in addition to start sizes and holes can also start topping early if they don't get triggered, so.......lot of angles.......

As one can probably see :biglaugh: I'm officially "into it"........I'm "feeling it" :smoke:....

Feels good......almost forgot been so long (since last May....but last season not good for me mentally, so...really, 2yrs ago May last time I felt so good about it.......... :smoke:...

We're approaching rapidly "mid season"........hope all are well......doing well....

Back to work...on it...excited.....no more help concerns.......(which is the most significant actually.....fuck that shit was fucking me up mentally......)

Hell yea Your feelin it Julian. I know exactly what your feeling. When I get those bursts of adrenaline and ambition, a lot will get done. You feel really good at the end of the day, knowing you pushed yourself, and you were working to your maximum potential. Which is always rewarded greatly ;)
I was getting down the other day thinking the season is almost over, and I still have so many plants to get out, this whole season might be shot in the ass.. but fuck July is fast approaching, and I need to catch my second wind. Really get my ass moving, kick this shit into full gear. I've got a room full of rooted cuttings vegging, I have been wanting to move out to their final destination, but I havent had the ambition. I've got my collectuion of Danish Plants at week 4 and I want to get them into some corn fields.I was making myself believe that the effort would go on unrewarded.. thinking well what if these 6" clones dont amount to shit by this fall and I get a few tiny buds up top by harvest..Is running the gauntlet and prepping the spot, worth it? Fuck ya its worth it! Thanks for the inspiration fellas!

BTW, has anyone else noticed the lack of cornfields planted this year in the US? I know in my town alone, where once each road was lined with corn fields, its hard to even spot 1 on a 30 mile stretch.. Any reasons for less fields being planted? Is corn too expensive, and the economy is affecting the farmers?

Julian - Best of luck on the spot you've got your eyes on.. Be safe! Anything is achievable!

GFam

Mr. Stinky

its hard to plant much corn when the bank reposesses the tractor....

i am ramping up to full capacity here as well. numbers are double what i had anticipated for the year.:woohoo:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As gearing up now to approach full force.....Some general notes.....some touched on, some not maybe of interest and value to some....

Psychological:
As just touched on earlier, and touched on yet even earlier.......applicable to almost all plots......the "feeling(s)".....

I've done a lot of shit in my life...(ops, different places and sizes), and, when I train people, I tell them.....any thoughts or feelings they might experience....I know, I understand...share them, talk about them, etc....paranoia.....fear.....restlessness.....and so on and so on....doubts of this or that.....

I know somewhere earlier....and, feeling it again lately (extreme).....I mean.....when I'm gearing up...(meaning plantings days away.......even hours away.....) me personally?......well.....I don't know if it's fear....excitement......paranoia....(planting of course and all earlier prep the least risk....depends on the spot......some spots...urban spots...one of the most risky...especially with me....because anything happens....there is volume there to cause some problems.....)

I view planting as one of the more safer things...(it's early, plants are small to estremely small....your in and out pretty quick, etc...later when plants established and getting some size/flowering more risk.....)

Anyway......point being....one should always know and understand.......those range of feelings?......it's natural. What you do with them, how you use them determines a lot...(I use them for "fuel" per se........)

People in my circle....and maybe some here...have all heard my stories and statements regarding extended periods of work, no sleep.....motivation, and so on (and those who know me for decades still ask how I do it.....)

That's how.....what is above.....all those feelings, all those thoughts, coupled with extreme amounts and extended periods of adrenaline....

Was talking to someone last night about it ("How do I do it")....one of my short responses was "My life is at risk 24/7"....

That'll give you a boost.....:smoke:.....((I could tell stories about similar things kept me going for days :smoke:........fuckin days.....before finally able to sit down, relax...sleep......)

Just as with many other things.......I mean....you know it, understand it, and, most important (and again, something applicable to many areas of anyones life).....most important: You use it to your advantage...

Also as possibly earlier.........people can say a lot of things, assume a lot of things.....but when starting such? (who knows there I might end up this season...could be as high as 25,000.......)......when starting such.....I get a week prior or so of the above......and, frankly, not ashamed to say.....I think "terrified" falls somewhere in those range of emotions........

All who have read and all who know me know my experience.....a lot recognize the success doing these insane ass things :biglaugh:....but, my point is....that too I believe is natural....but, as soon as things start going.....it dissipates slightly.........ie: I get "in the zone" and sense of purpose, work, things to be done and scheduling take over.....

All those things are natural......and, it actually takes a lot to get me started...(but, again...once started...I'm good....it's that initial embarking on the task which...again...I "go through my processes".......(thought)

Anyone who does this on any significant level who has no fear......your not "brave".....your not "ballsy".......

Your fuckin stupid.

I don't know about anyone else.....but many rely on me....friends, family, workers..partners.........their safety and well being is upon my shoulders, and dependent upon my every move and action....

One "mistake"........and the entire house of cards comes down.......

Thought addressing again, in different way of interest......

Many a season I have run around....pacing...doing tasks...restless...looking out the window at rains trying to determine start dates.....today?...wait?......next week?...tomorrow?...how this, how that.....when for this...where for that...and so on.....(sometimes for up to a week straight).......

I believe this to be natural........all you can do is above...understand and utilize it for your benefit......

(Note on above.........farther out more desolate forest things...early season I don't really get the above that bad.....but the more close...the more urban....I do....big time....that first trip out of the season....fully loaded...I mean...there's no turning back once in.........)

Anyway....

Management:
I've been working with a specific trainee at a much higher level than others....have great hopes for him...........

I have also taken now the position I am steering away from the level of "hands on" I have been in the past....(which actually has varied over the years...I started out doing everything.....then I pulled back, then started again, and so on......all depended who I had on hand and their reliability and skill, and so on........)

Recently the scenario has basically been I prep everything...I fund everything, and I work varying levels.....but that now is changing a little more also....and have reestablished that with tactics mentioned above lately :smoke:.........ie: I prep, I fund, I oversee?.......and your going to contribute what exactly? :smoke:.....so...really trying to establish more that I am trying for the most part to be done with the work...(which in turn frees me to do more ops, more prep.....which kind of goes back to my high period.....ie: when I had the most things the most places running......)

On a newer one (first time in this time period) I actually told them "No...I don't dig"....:biglaugh:....(of which any single person can come up with 100 obnoxious replies.........which might seem to be valid until my response to that is "There are 150 different tasks involved from start through finish....I do the other 149" :smoke:.. (which has actually a STFU rate of success of 100% :smoke:)

(Of course....that's just on the surface.......I've never been one to stand around while other work........just not in me.....so, the only true solution to that is always to assign that task to someone on their own time....try and get it done if I am not on site, etc...cause if I am on site...I'm working......)

Mini's I have less of a problem with, because again planting issue, and can be done so quick.......

We'll see...just writing this makes me want to dig and plant :biglaugh: (planting one of my favorite tasks actually......)

Some serious notes on security:
Regarding developing new sources.....as earlier...my preference shared...but, want to address something all should be aware of......and many claim to be (that's one of those things where people nod and say I know...I know...but they don't :smoke:)

Has been discussed elsewhere here.......and then in thread.....and have been on it again in life due to specific situations.....(I met couple new people recently....cool as hell.....)

There are always, no matter where or who you are, informants everywhere..

You have city, county, state, federal.....and each a range.....ie: In a major metro suburbs, different city units...sometimes regional task forces.....same with state....same with feds......

In a major metro.......fuck......it would not be unrealistic to say in a major metro 100,000 informants running around...(then add onto that all agencies mentioned actual UC's on the street....so call it 105,000.........)

105,000 people to worry about....

Situation came up for me again personally this week...and I had to explain to someone closer why not to talk to anyone who seems cool...is cool, etc....(twice this week met extremely cool people.....partied a little........and volume brought up.....)

Were they real?........definitely possible....

You want to bet your life on it?........(You don't really know them...so why would anyone.....)

Problem is, as always.....while doing so...you've just bet my life on it....and in the process...that of my family....

Their sole task is to float around....to party....and to find sources to flip...(and in the meantime.......half more or less....doing it for a paycheck......)

That's why I prefer certain methods....certain "random" situations......etc......

(If your big enough........they could also be sent directly to you.....which happens quite often also....ie: They know where you are...send someone in......doesn't work?...next week they send another, etc..........)

Now some might say "well, then they already know and your fucked".....

Not necessarily.....they could also be trying to confirm or dispel a suspicion....

When I was younger, and into heavier stuff, they would send women to me when I was out.......we always went to the same place...(that we "owned").....always, all the time...same place, so.....(and don't ask me how I knew......because would give away details that would be pretty specific....but, was confirmed.......we had everyone there.....from valets, friends in and out of lot...everyone basically "was ours".....so, no...we knew 100%......(I would never talk to anyone...and my weak spot was women....so...was the logical choice......and with someone else would have worked quite well actually.......

(On that note.......men who get out a lot should also be reminded of the number of female officers and agents employed by the above..(again...from informants to officers through agents.....10's of thousands.....not only guys.....)

All of the above becomes quite involved and advanced, but, a good starting point is the "basics". The current Acting Administrator of the DEA is a woman.....who started as an agent on the street, ...and whose career was made by a single informant

The above is the most basic of "Informants 101"......nothing advanced there.....so imagine what comes afterwards :smoke:.......

(All above being why one should never talk, period, and always advised to say anything came from somewhere, etc.........)

I can tell you this...........I have done business over the years with a lot of different people, from a lot of different situations and........"groups" :smoke:......and, always amazed me how much "extra" information about everything they just....volunteer....(because they want to be more this...or that, etc.........

(This is about the time to welcome all law enforcement who are always here.....while your discussing how "evil" marijuana is..and how someone such as me should be "locked up with the key thrown away"......maybe someone can tell me why the 2 men (18-19) who beat to death a mexican man only got 2 years because they were "good kids".........)

Anyway......(some new ones around....thought I'd say hi to them :smoke:)......

All should keep in mind the above....they're always out...always working....("paranoid" doesn't really apply when every day of your life 105,000 people gunning for you :smoke:)

Will add more later.........(had lot of interesting new stuff to share...)....train of thought got fucked up........

Henry1011

Could you please share some toughts about the transport of harvest? It is probably far the biggest security leak, at least for me. I am addressing cases when triming and drying at the spot isnt possible.

Mr. Stinky

Problem is, as always.....while doing so...you've just bet my life on it....and in the process...that of my family....

this in my mantra. those in my circle gripe about me repeating it so much. i say something to this point in every conversation i have with everyone involved. IT IS NOT YOUR SECRET TO TELL!! it is MY secret, MY life, MY families lives, MY secret. it does not belong to you, and you have absolutely zero rights to let it slip. if you let it slip, and my life, my families lives are taken away, so too will yours.
they tire of hearing it, but i will continue to repeat it. even tho i am sure they understand, its a simple one sentence reminder of the situation at hand. people get placated to the thin wall that protects us, me, my family...and they feel secure in letting it slip, to feel the love of peers, or to feel "cool" or "in". BULLSHIT. NO ONE is to know. to be unknown is to be "cool". it is MY GODDAM secret...SHUTTY SHUTTY :noway:

Mr. Stinky

Could you please share some toughts about the transport of harvest? It is probably far the biggest security leak, at least for me. I am addressing cases when triming and drying at the spot isnt possible.

get someone else to do it. paay them well so they dont feel the need to steal from you, and they feel loyalty to you. if you value your life...your freedom, give the job to someone who doesnt...

Show & Tell ...

Show & Tell ...

Even among folks I've known for decades, who all share the same hobby, the specifics and circumstances are rarely, if ever, discussed except in the most general terms.

It's a given. Standard practice. Good manners.

Indoors or out, commercial quantities or personal use, makes no difference.

The reminder to remain vigilant always bears repeating, especially out in public at bars and entertainment venues. The older I get, the less I'm out and about, the fewer marginal/questionable characters have to be dealt with. I don't want to see them, hear their sad story, or stand downwind.

Have you ever had a stranger walk up at a bar, stick out their hand, and expect a warm reception? It's happened enough times that my response is automatic. I'll decline the invitation to shake without missing a beat. "Sorry, I don't recognize you, it's been a long time and my memory is hazy, thanks anyway."

Practice in front of a mirror if necessary, but be ready when it happens.

"Beware the friendly stranger." ( especially if they offer to get you buzzed! )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts