What's new

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The wise move, even for someone not doing anything illegal is never to quit.....ie: You ease your way into something new with minimal disruption to current position....

Quitting anything always unwise.....and the more uncertain the new source, the more unwise it becomes....

antimatter said:
Not to mention if you live in an area with draconian laws you might want to consider moving to an area that won't give you 20 years mandatory for a 1000 small seedlings
1000+, 20MM is US Federal Guidelines. (An example of the implications of who runs the investigation, where charges come from, what is done with it, and who prosecutes.......)

Was story last season of "field hands" caught with 30-40,000 somewhere....(midwest if I recall?)

They got 2 years...:smoke:

(I feel most comfortable assuming worst case scenario though....keeps one alert, careful...wise :smoke:)

antimatter said:
be aware that outdoor growers work very very hard and often even the most experienced loose out big or even worse loose it all even if its the best season all the way through,
Absolutely..........I could have more cumulative under my belt than everyone combined and got whacked last year......Have money, have resources, and still hurt me quite a bit.....worst season even had in my life....pulled down......eh.....something....some, etc.....but, again....expenses..."relying" on it (which one never should, but, I do to a degree, if even minimums, which I have always surpassed...so)

If my position was anything less.........I can't even think about what would have done to me (financially)....I'd have been fucked....100%....

(Not to mention I don't care if you pull down $1MM.....should be working until all banked and cleaned and stored and then think about what to do next....)

Anything can happen...anytime...anywhere.......(not to mention should such occur....well...being a "working, productive citizen" certainly does not hurt ones position/defense.........."No visible means of support" is not something one wants to find placed upon them....bad news...

Hardly a decision to make mid-june

This isn't something I am just about to jump into, Ran. I have been going hard for months now, taking cuttings from mothers, digging and prepping holes, germing seeds, transplanting, repotting. I have a good amount of plants established and mothers still indoors vegging (theyre HUGE). I still have lots of seeds to germ, lots of cuttings to root and get out, as well as rooted cutting that need planted outdoors. I have a good supply, my problem is I know I could do a lot more outdoors If I only had the extra time to work at it.. I am doing what I can, When I can, now. Its just I know I can do even more if I didnt have this minimum wage job on my back.

GFam

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Note on speed and turnaround:
First round, close under 1k's, with light feed (FN), and pellets worked and expanded, day 4 and roots busting out of pellets/net....

(Of course, while should always go out asap, out more beneficial of in, the basics and issue is the smaller the are, the more vulnerable they are......I used to go no less than 3" ers, and them about 2 weeks, 6"-1'...but season by season have been moving smaller and smaller........)

I've had them get about 6" of roots by day 6 before in RR's....(both 50% submerged in water....lights so close....heat not as much an issue as makes it a little too dry....)

Recently took interested in increasing the efficacy during a grow (eg. transportation of soil, starts, and etcetera to sites.)

Filled single duffel bags with 25-30 gals of organics and set off. One can load their truck and stash them off the road, later hauling them to the site. Only draw back with this is the amount of hauling for some, time consuming, tiring and potential for causing trails later in the season as veg blossoms.

Discovered this electric ATV that seems to have a modest amount of power. XA-1000 is an electric ATV that runs off 1000w motor. Gas powered vehicles are to noisy and will increase exposure! Not that many out right now as the concept for electric ATVs is still relatively new, progress is still being made.

Early may to late may this would be perfect for hauling soil if a small trailer was added. Tracks and trails are not a problem as long as it is done early. Vegetation doesn't seem to take off until June, depending on location.

Seems like this could potential help a lot of growers move up from small scale to moderate commercial quantities with ease. WITHOUT having to include a partner or two.

2centz on this....opinions?

im the same...i could dig/clear a spot and plant all day no prob...but 20 mins of just placing seeds....i start going crazy lol..

any specific books you would reccomend for trading, or even useful knowledge in general?
im sure i will be picking your brain this season, cause this is the first season in 2 yrs (outdoor) that i am able to do more than just a few plants. last year most of my stock died before i got them in the ground because a huge disaster happened in my life and i phsycologically (spl?) couldnt get out there to water them. just stopped caring.

looking fordward to this season, and the best of luck to you, julian.

R

Reinhold

Julian, imo anyone to personally know you is a lucky soul, i mean i feel lucky to just read your thoughts, this thread and your posts in general are quite eye opening...

I know i have lots to learn, but am very thankful your here, and hope you stay one name or another and continue to inspire and help others.

and lol i know your no god, but god damn!! thanks Jules i loove ya! kinda lol

ps. your 4 senses of self, i still find it amazing, really like it bud

blackone

Veteran
Anything can happen...anytime...anywhere.......(not to mention should such occur....well...being a "working, productive citizen" certainly does not hurt ones position/defense.........."No visible means of support" is not something one wants to find placed upon them....bad news...

Wise words right there - so many things one doesn't normally think about could prevent you from having a successful harvest.
While it's kinda healthy to be a little hungry when growing it introduces a lot of bad stress to be 100% dependant on the buds to roll in...

Oh yeah and the no visible means of support thing... probably not a good thing;p It's soooo much easier to filter in an extra taxfree income if you already have a salary coming in.
Also if you do strike gold, have a lot more than you can filter - how on earth are you gonna start a business to play with the gold if you have no official money and no job?

Hang on to that job - if it really sucks then devote some time to looking for another but do hang on to it.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dazednconfused said:
Recently took interested in increasing the efficacy during a grow (eg. transportation of soil, starts, and etcetera to sites.)

Filled single duffel bags with 25-30 gals of organics and set off. One can load their truck and stash them off the road, later hauling them to the site. Only draw back with this is the amount of hauling for some, time consuming, tiring and potential for causing trails later in the season as veg blossoms.

Discovered this electric ATV that seems to have a modest amount of power. XA-1000 is an electric ATV that runs off 1000w motor. Gas powered vehicles are to noisy and will increase exposure! Not that many out right now as the concept for electric ATVs is still relatively new, progress is still being made.

Early may to late may this would be perfect for hauling soil if a small trailer was added. Tracks and trails are not a problem as long as it is done early. Vegetation doesn't seem to take off until June, depending on location.

Seems like this could potential help a lot of growers move up from small scale to moderate commercial quantities with ease. WITHOUT having to include a partner or two.

2centz on this....opinions?
Definitely talked about earlier.....and always an option I think anywhere....

We were doing that and never had a problem (at all...water problem either)...

Larger containers (those larger plastic ones with lids..)....if someone concerned could tape lid around edge....tape shut.....

Used to get quite a bit in ones on smaller side (like 3ft x 2ft x 2ft deep, etc...green, blue, etc....sure everyone knows what I mean)

(I had em full of dry mix (whoever knows....maybe 100-150lbs worth)....sometimes would bring flower mix when there earlier....different times for different reasons.....just throw em under/by thicker veg, cover em up if you like, etc.......know people bury shit also....(If one had less than above, could also put multiple things into one.....)

(Sounds like a lot....but, not at all....I cut through full ones pretty quick when either drilling/planting or the same rate or even more later with top feeds........)

(Actually helps regardless of phase.....if doing plantings and it's the excess or surplus, can leave and then take to another spot (if closer, same location), can leave and just adjust the mix a little later on by hauling a little/smaller amount of something else in (but, if crystals and such, of course, would want to keep it for plantings......again, maybe a different spot so there next time you come in, etc......)

ATV's I never talk much about for various reasons (which models, buying , selling, what's being used, etc......) Have sometimes used many.....make life a lot easier if possible to use them on the job one has.......a lot easier..:smoke:....(and they help depending on what area one is in regarding their traffic and such....many places their pretty much normal.."expected" of certain areas, etc.......)

Don't know too much about them or the ectric, but, if the power and speed and quiet.......could see it being good if one can't use one due to noise and such.....

frostynugs420 said:
im the same...i could dig/clear a spot and plant all day no prob...but 20 mins of just placing seeds....i start going crazy lol..
Ya know?........:biglaugh: FuuuuuuuuuucccccK :biglaugh:....

I fill the time....(ie: make the work "autopilot"......concentrate on something else and just try and do as quickly as possible....try not to think about it..(it's fuckin maddening shit :biglaugh:.....)
any specific books you would reccomend for trading, or even useful knowledge in general?
Absolutely....will change your entire future......Link earlier in thread.....complete overview and comments earlier.....Not going to get started on it...(cause would be endless and just say the same thing as earlier.......

Absolutely......it's what I give my loved ones to study and read to learn...(makes it easier for me to talk and explain after they're read...) so....and, as said...I've got over 600 under belt and that's the only one I recommend, so....(yeah....when I say 600 under belt...will be first to say wished I didn't, and was waste of my time......I wish would rather just read that one first..:smoke:...would have freed up time to read 600 other things :smoke:.....(and would probably retain more and be happier knowing those other things...be able to use, benefit myself, etc....)

Find pages talking about it, buy tomorrow, and practice......

A guaranteed extra 1MM cumulative lifetime.....if good, active....trading sizable capital to start with?...who even knows.....

I'd say everyone should buy it now (not tomorrow....this second...)......what I usually say is :There is no single one task in most people's lifetime which will return so little for so much......(ie: $50....10 seconds to order...2 days to read....(but years to keep reading)...and a return of 7 figures?.....

No other similar task one will come across in their life. Period.
im sure i will be picking your brain this season, cause this is the first season in 2 yrs (outdoor) that i am able to do more than just a few plants. last year most of my stock died before i got them in the ground because a huge disaster happened in my life and i phsycologically (spl?) couldnt get out there to water them. just stopped caring.

looking fordward to this season, and the best of luck to you, julian.
Thanks man.......you too,and, I remember....hope your doing better..(family also).....feeling better.....no stranger to such things.....time is only thing which helps......(and luckily we always have more in front of us and sometimes passes far to quickly....)......

Hope you have a good season (also helps psychologically, spiritually, etc......sometimes enormous amounts, so......)

Reinhold said:
Julian, imo anyone to personally know you is a lucky soul, i mean i feel lucky to just read your thoughts, this thread and your posts in general are quite eye opening...

I know i have lots to learn, but am very thankful your here, and hope you stay one name or another and continue to inspire and help others.

and lol i know your no god, but god damn!! thanks Jules i loove ya! kinda lol

ps. your 4 senses of self, i still find it amazing, really like it bud
Thanks man.......I'm fuckin humbled....and my pleasure.....

4 senses of self.........been using it for years and still do :smoke:......One of my favorites :smoke:......

Glad to be of service.....blessed that able to be......an honor that can be.....

blackone said:
Wise words right there - so many things one doesn't normally think about could prevent you from having a successful harvest.
While it's kinda healthy to be a little hungry when growing it introduces a lot of bad stress to be 100% dependant on the buds to roll in...

Oh yeah and the no visible means of support thing... probably not a good thing;p It's soooo much easier to filter in an extra taxfree income if you already have a salary coming in.

Also if you do strike gold, have a lot more than you can filter - how on earth are you gonna start a business to play with the gold if you have no official money and no job?

Hang on to that job - if it really sucks then devote some time to looking for another but do hang on to it.
Yeah....you know........the idea in general just never leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy.......

Enough questions (about everything/possibilities) when everything is fine......throwing ones self and family into the "do or die"........eh.....(ie: If a problem, one always has "next season" to "catch up".......as above....when less resources.....the issue is getting to next season....(and the possibility of not being able to and being stuck.......)

I've used the phrase several times in life of "growing for your/my life"......not a position one wants to knowingly place themselves in.....(not to mention.....some don't do well in such situations......and not the time to find out......Luckily.....I myself do....sometimes seems the more pressure the better I perform...the closer the timeline the more I get done, more efficient,etc........but.....ya never know what your going to do until your there.......Stress man........can really fuck up your world....try not to voluntarily increase the load.....(wish I could follow that advice.....:biglaugh:...(I just figure take it all and get it out of the way now while can still handle it.....well...as best as I can..physical etc....:biglaugh:)..

blackone

Veteran
I could give a simple example... a couple of months ago I had a serious backpain. Went to see the doctor but there was nothing seriously wrong - just a mild case of osteosclerosis and the symptoms went away again after a couple of weeks.
But point is ... if that had happened in the growing season I would definitely be unable to do any digging. Even planting or harvesting would have been almost impossible - it was hard enough to water the few indoor plants I had.

Stuff like that (I'm definitely not old but then again not getting any younger either) should also be considered a risk factor, no matter how fit you feel today.

I feel you blackone.. I would say Im a young guy at 22. I suffer from chronic back pain. Sometimes its worse sometimes, not so bad.. But there are mornings when I wake up and I just cant sit up in bed.. I have to literally Roll out of bed, and try to straighten my back.. Its terrible.. This usually lasts for a few days after a week or two the paid will subside.. I've noticed that massages will loosen my back for a month or more. I will be pain free for upto two months after a deep tissue massage.
That would suck to be stricken in the middle of the season..
I appreciate all the words of wisdom, Everyone.. And what was the name of that book Julian? Was it called Absolutely???

?
GFam

john cutter

Julian,

Good to see all is well. Been away from the thread and the boards for awhile. Season, school, and work keeping me pretty busy. Always something, only way for me it seems. Hardwork always pays off in one way or another. Graduating in December, doesnt seem to far away now.

Sure you are swamped as well. Just wanted to pop in to bar have a quick drink and say hey. Wishing you well come fall.

Peat Pellet Prescription

Peat Pellet Prescription

It seems there are 3 sizes of peat pellets......not 2... the 1 1/4".......the 1 3/4"........and there is a 50mm, 3rd size.....3 3/4 inch tall and 2 inches in diameter when hydrated....

Been shopping and buying 10's of thousands of these things for years and years and have never seen the 3rd size in stock anywhere... Needless to say I am sold and think anyone using them should use the large ones....

Note: I have found I can get them pretty far along in the 1 3/4's, so....the largest absolutely positive I can get another week or even more out of them....

There is a way to get longer growth out of the smaller peat pellets.

Back in the day, when M/F ratios weren't an issue, seeds were started in Jiffy 7's as a matter of course. That was the easy part. The usual funky combination of screw ups and weather always seemed to play havoc with the timing. As a result, the sprouts grew too far, too fast.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

The solution? A cup of aluminum foil around the pellet.

4 or 5 in. square pieces of kitchen foil were cut out, and the center peppered with holes using a toothpick. Then the foil was folded up around the sides of the sprout laden peat-puck, squeezed into shape, and given a little tap to flatten the bottom.

Given sufficient water, and little bit of fertilizer, sprouts can grow over 15 inches tall in Jiffy-7's with the roots spinning inside the foil walls. They transplant just fine. Though it's a hassle to transport them that tall, it beat's the heck out of the alternative.

Back in the day, when M/F ratios weren't an issue, seeds were started in Jiffy 7's as a matter of course. That was the easy part. The usual funky combination of screw ups and weather always seemed to play havoc with the timing. As a result, the sprouts grew too far, too fast.

4 or 5 in. square pieces of kitchen foil were cut out, and the center peppered with holes using a toothpick. Then the foil was folded up around the sides of the sprout laden peat-puck, squeezed into shape, and given a little tap to flatten the bottom.

Given sufficient water, and little bit of fertilizer, sprouts can grow over 15 inches tall in Jiffy-7's with the roots spinning inside the foil walls. They transplant just fine. Though it's a hassle to transport them that tall, it beat's the heck out of the alternative.

That sounds like a great IDea BASS! I would suppose that should work with the peat pots aswell...

GFam

Glad I'm able to help.

( This method might not be practical for Julian, or others doing Mass Quantities, but for smaller operatives, it should be a viable strategy. )

A few things to watch: First, the larger they get, the more they drink, so by the time they get tall, they need water at least once a day, maybe more depending on circulation, light levels, and temperature. I'd usually just grab the stalk and dip the whole end in a bucket until it was soaked. No worries about overwatering in this case.

The second hassle is that when they dry, they get light, and if there's a fan on them, which there should be, they can fall over quite easily. Stay aware of the balance factor.

I probably would Not try it with peat pots, though it Might work indoors if they are well watered. In my experience, peat pots Do Not Break Down! I've seen plants pulled from the ground in the Fall with the peat pot just sitting there with only a tap root that made it through the bottom. All the lateral roots had been compromised. Foam cups are better, though they don't break down at all and must be hauled out with the rest of the trash ( as must the aluminum foil ). They can, however, be reused. Been there, done that.

Best of luck.

Babys Diapers for water retention crystals

Babys Diapers for water retention crystals

Hey fellas I was sitting around the other day thinking about where I could get myself some water retention crystals in bulk, at a decent price. The idea has been running through my head for quite sometime.. It seems to me that a while back I heard of a crew that was using generic diapers for their moiisture retention.. I heard of them placing a diaper in the bottom of their buckets before planting in them.. This supposedly made their buckets maintenance free.. I know u can purchase bags of water retention crystals but the only places around here, sell a very small bag for a vvery high price.. Could this work? Would it be more cost effective to buy up a case of generic diapers, I believe a case of Huggies runs $20/ Compared to a small bag of the crystals for nearly the same price..What do yall think? Anyone ever done this or heard of someone who has?

GFam

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guerilla Family said:
I appreciate all the words of wisdom, Everyone.. And what was the name of that book Julian? Was it called Absolutely???
Book and links to it are in that section of thread.....not going to backtrack...it's there......5 minutes or less to find it pales in comparison to what if offers....

Maybe someone else who has bought it can also refer you.

john cutter said:
Julian,
Good to see all is well. Been away from the thread and the boards for awhile. Season, school, and work keeping me pretty busy. Always something, only way for me it seems. Hardwork always pays off in one way or another. Graduating in December, doesnt seem to far away now.
Good to hear.....even more glad to hearing doing "all" :smoke:.....feels good, doesn't it? :smoke:
Sure you are swamped as well. Just wanted to pop in to bar have a quick drink and say hey. Wishing you well come fall.
Thanks man.....the same to you.....(I'm actually trying to put something together to be an absolutely unbelievable establishment that I came across and is very rare.......places like that do not come up often...at all...(and even when they do, they usually go to similar groups before ever hitting market...so...)

At the moment.....beyond swamped....so far beyond not even funny :biglaugh:....but, whatever....I've got more done in past 2 weeks, on more things than I have in a long time...what little free time I had I filled with doing yet more things that haven't been done in a while.....(make use of all the adrenaline :smoke:) Looks like another day of it all, so....(I love being busy.....like, really busy.....I really love it......I learned a long time ago......the down time comes when you least expect and sometimes don't want it, so....no matter how much one has to do...only temporary.......do what you have to when you have to and downtime will come shortly, so....:smoke:)

Bass Akwards said:

Bass Akwards said:
Glad I'm able to help.
( This method might not be practical for Julian, or others doing Mass Quantities, but for smaller operatives, it should be a viable strategy. )

A few things to watch: First, the larger they get, the more they drink, so by the time they get tall, they need water at least once a day, maybe more depending on circulation, light levels, and temperature. I'd usually just grab the stalk and dip the whole end in a bucket until it was soaked. No worries about overwatering in this case.
No........I disagree.....not possible.....

Now, when I say "possible", and, the point in general when discussed is restrictions....

There is no way to get a nice 15" plant in a 2' pellet.......(a plant?....sure...possible.....but how stretched, and so on.....)

I sometimes have things going on up to 6th set in 7 days and 2" tall.....

Possible?...probably......max I have is about 6"...but, again, the reason that was the max was restrictions.....and, as noted above....becomes basically hydro, which is the only thing that enables that........(2-4 times a day watered to control root mass....)

At about 10-14 days....the issue also changes over to basically any longer would completely entangle all roots beyond a comfortable level....so....No.....no way to get a 15" solid out of a smaller pellet......I feel confident in stating that.....(Seems to me the foil would only further restrict......)

Now..........now......if going early in season?....might not be such a bad thing because it would have time to recover and resume veg....but, again...if stretching issues to start with, again, you have restrictions that are already/will affect growth patterns from that point on (which was the point of the above.....ie: Situation and conditions which would not affect...

Nah.......I've done probably well over 100,000 pellets....feel confident in stating wouldn't work well or deliver desirable results.....

If was able, would be more than glad to do an experiment.....but, from what I know, with the experience I have with them, no....I don't think 15" (tight, dense plant) is possible in a std. pellet wrapped with foil.......absolutely not....(I don't even think I could get 15" out of a larger pellet....but that's not what I am after...time is the issue...height is meaningless....

I probably would Not try it with peat pots, though it Might work indoors if they are well watered. In my experience, peat pots Do Not Break Down! I've seen plants pulled from the ground in the Fall with the peat pot just sitting there with only a tap root that made it through the bottom. All the lateral roots had been compromised. Foam cups are better, though they don't break down at all and must be hauled out with the rest of the trash ( as must the aluminum foil ). They can, however, be reused. Been there, done that.
I've had them almost dissolve in my hands when removing from trays and transplanting...likewise, my experience they go out when roots almost completely penetrating entire container exterior.....(again, with tight spacing the issue of roots becoming entangled.....

Comparing to foam, you get infinite more growth, as, earlier, if doing it right, basically becomes hydro method/approach.....

Peat pots (as earlier, even first post of thread) limitations are upon the user........there is a definite way to use them, maintain the...most don't understand this....

A earlier pages of thread.....I love them, swear by them and have never had an experience less than stellar with them....(again.....used properly....seems,realistically, about 97% of people do not use them as they should be.....)

Thanks...but,....nah.....

I think the larger ones will do fine..(as above, still a fraction of the footprint for 3" pots.....but probably 3-4 times more growth than the 2" pellets....)

Guerilla Family said:
That sounds like a great IDea BASS! I would suppose that should work with the peat pots aswell...
Peat pots you wouldn't have to, especially if you use them right. Can easily get a foot out of the 3"ers with no restricted growth...good spacing....(which is what it is about, the point.....might be able to get a 4' er in a 3" pot.....but that's not a plant you want :smoke:....

I think people veg far too long in anyway....so.....

Guerilla Family said:
Hey fellas I was sitting around the other day thinking about where I could get myself some water retention crystals in bulk, at a decent price. The idea has been running through my head for quite sometime.. It seems to me that a while back I heard of a crew that was using generic diapers for their moiisture retention.. I heard of them placing a diaper in the bottom of their buckets before planting in them.. This supposedly made their buckets maintenance free.. I know u can purchase bags of water retention crystals but the only places around here, sell a very small bag for a vvery high price.. Could this work? Would it be more cost effective to buy up a case of generic diapers, I believe a case of Huggies runs $20/ Compared to a small bag of the crystals for nearly the same price..What do yall think? Anyone ever done this or heard of someone who has?

GFam
I've said my piece on it, and don't appreciate you drawing me into this conversation, as was had elsewhere...

Diapers contain the very same crystals. (feel free to look it up)

You can buy 5-10lbs for around 30 bucks.(that's minus, you know......the diapers..:biglaugh:)..Look around for a better price..

It's just a case of reinventing the wheel when you have a fully stocked extensive inventory tire store across the street :smoke:...

The entire object of the game is to operate at the highest efficiency possible......I don't see using a larger, bulkier product to obtain the benefits of something many times smaller as intelligent, or efficient...

An amusing analogy escapes me at the moment.....but I am sure there are many...:smoke:...(ie: One wants crystals, so they buy diapers......Hmmm.....makes perfect sense :smoke:)

I'll just buy them straight........(mental note....I need some copper piping, so will just go buy a house I can take the pipe from :smoke:)...

Btw.......was gone over very early in thread, with many links, to many sources, to many kinds...

Last edited:
Different strokes ... different grows ...

Different strokes ... different grows ...

Julian is probably right about using this technique with his style of late-season growing. Every time I've used this technique, it's been early Spring and the plants were expected to grow all season. These were pure Sativas that grew tall and thin, closely spaced, with little room for branching, under banks of T-12 tubes. By today's standards, it wasn't the best way to start plants indoors, but ... you do what you can do, when you can do it, the best way you know how to do it at the time.

It's still a viable method for a small, full season, operator with limited space and resources, who can either start clones, or isn't bothered by the unfavorable M/F ratio that can result from starting seeds in shallow containers. ( We pre-sensi growers never worried about males, they were a "feature" that added weight to the crop, and could be dried and sold while the females were still finishing. Those were the days! )

For the past few seasons, I've been regressing back to my Original growing method: seeds in the ground. There's enough hassle and paranoia just preparing a guerilla plot, much less hauling a backpack full of plants over hill and dale ... or in my case, crawling on hands and knees through thick tangles of invasive species. Darwinian selection has a place in my breeding scheme, and so far, it's been working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts