What's new

Massive Outdoor DK 09 Corn Field Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkmonk

What is the best way to make them blend in?

I plan just to put in the rows and take out 2 corns for every 1 plant, and will try a couple in between rows, is there anything I should definatley avoid, as to not make them noticable?

Also in a week is the threat of hebicides/pesticides over?

My corn is about 4-6 inches tall in the fields, depending on which one.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
WuTang:
tnx for the info on how to spot when the fields are sprayed
i think its already in this or one of the other corn threads but anyway too long ago for users to notice without having to read it all from start to end

Dkmonk:
seems like corn is the same height as here also, although i little taller
i checked a few days ago but i think its around 20-25 cm tall here now, thats 8-10 inches

my plan my to put them out mid June, which of course is now, but i still want the corn a little higher for better security when doing the transplant so ill keep them growing in the greenhouse for 1-2 more weeks then starting by transplanting the biggest ones first, which is also those who got transplanted from seed trays to pots first

the biggest ones are Early Dane, Danish Passion and Royal dane's which are between 25-35 cm
smallest ones are the latest transplanted Danish passion x Nepal which is around 4-5 inches
some sunny days with warmth in the greenhouse and they will all grow as tall or talelr than the corn when i start transplanting in around 2 weeks or so

those taller will have lowest branches cut off and buried in ground so they have same height as the corn and the buried parts will develop roots also so its no problem if they are bigger then corn when transplanted

regarding blending in
if the strain used are a big vigorous one and they have a proper height when transplanted there
just plant them between rows
if transplanted smaller than corn or using a strain that stays low, then cut 2-3 corn for each canna plant
but if possible, find spots with no corn or small or irregular corn
this doesnt have to be bad soil, it can have been a little dry when germination or the area was hit with less fertilizer by the farmer
your going to add your own fertilizer any way for better results
also if you use the remove corn option you can later cut some corn in 45 degree angel and make a small hole with a stick and put them there at harvest time if you plan on harvesting close to the farmer
but in order to attract as little attention from the farmer by not hurting his crop, its advised to use the planting between rows

ill update soon

sorry i didnt get around to do it last night as promised
some other stuff got in the way

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
too bad youtube tags arent implemented at this site yet
hope it gets soon as it looks a lot more cool with direct video

been busy lately as can be soon here

[YOUTUBE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TvLpE_DmwA [/YOUTUBE]

i took some pix also but too tired now
took forever making accounts and uploading via proxy
but i hope you get a an understanding on what is going on until i get more pictures uploaded later

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coming along great gunnarguchi! Your going to be able to open a nursery after training like this... :) You're doing a great job.... Hope you back gets feeling better..

Your mix looks right on! Your benches look very uniform and happy as can be!

What I do for transplanting is water before hand, although I use milk crates to carry... Cardboard and water could be bad.... so you'll have to find that happy medium. I recommend leaving them unwatered after transplant if you think ya may get rain within a week. Do this unless the soil is dead dry, or becoming so... They should be fine since the soil has plenty of moisture in it and allows the potting mix to maintain moisture... This could save tons of work in hauling water, my friend.

Also, don't worry about adding rooting hormone to leaves/branches clipped off and buried. You can just bury them with no hormone and they will easily form roots in the absence of light... Its called etiolation... Trying to save you from some work w/ some things I have found in my experience... Its all up to your judgement though, thats what it comes down to.. Seems like its been right on so far.. Killer cold frame! I wish you luck my friend! Got lots of great strains and hybrids, many of which I have out myself... :)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool! Got a much better idea now... Thats a sweet setup, but I would recommend using pallets next time to get more air underneath the roots, promoting more oxygen diffusing in and to prevent water from pooling in the containers... To get a more even surface, chicken/ hog wire fence can be laid down on top of the skids... Seemed to work well here... Thanks for sharing in the fun with us! :)

Believe me, I know how ya feel... Its hard work, but its fun stuff and totally worth having happy plants... :)

picture.php

6940EC_meter.JPG

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah, if ya are interested in the milk crate idea for transporting, you can stack one on top of another and use 2 pieces of baling wire to tie the crates together in opposite/diagonal corners... Works very very well. You could likely stack them 3 high if ya needed to... :)

For taller plants you can add some stability/ protection to the crate using 2 2"x2" pieces of lumber in opposite corners wire tied in place, and wrap with a dark tarp... Milk crates are versatile... :)

6940transplant3.jpg

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tnx for stopping by and all the valuable inputs Pipeline

yes cardboard and water dont go well but i only use it for transportation and linen the bottom with a plastic bag
milk trays would be number one but i dont have access to them

pallet idea is very good and i had thought of something similar to next time as the air around the bottom of the pots are far from ideal due to the use of plastic upon the soil
pallets are surely going to give a lot f drainage also and ill for sure use them or similar for next season

tnx for all the inputs and inspiring pix :)

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tnx for the positive vibes :)

heres a little delayed update
pix was taken 2 days ago

some small mothers from clone only strains and some seedlings also

bigger and older moms

various strains growing for the corn

Early Danes also for corn
these are around 30-35 cm tall now and getting more dense each day

Freja from Sagaseeds and some small Double Dutch moms at the bottom

Yet another Early Dane
this one isnt one of the tallest but shes getting nice and dence

Danish passion

Royal Danes
they are a little stretchy as the first part of the greenhouse is partly shaded most of the day
they will be buried deeper in the corn and quickly shape up once out there in all day full sun

my own interpretation of Sea Of Green

this little fella ( or sister?)
has a funny story
found it on my all green stemmed Blueberry ( the other 2 moms are partly or all purple stemmed)
its a preflower being accidentally pollinated
i think the sinner is my old c99 male who went AF due to being rootbound and later died on me, getting killed by a wind blow blowing him down when outdoor and broke his mean stem RIP)
a nice little surprise i cant wait to see how turns out

this pheno of GHS Arjans haze bad a disappointing taste and potency so im not going to keep for for breeding but shes nice as decoration in the GH ;)

forget about hand watering this amount
half the time they get tap water, other half i pump water into a reservoir and ad liquid fertilizer

first 3 rows from left is Auto Lotshe from Darwin Seeds
told to be auto flowering without containing Ruderalis so i look forward to seeing how she grows
next 3 rows and 3 seperate cell plugs are Carpatian also from Darwin
shes good yielding, nice potency and very early
shes told be be other all or partly Royal Dane being selected for sativa phenoes but i havent been able to have that confirmed yet
she finishes later than regular RD and if potency and yeild is the same or better i think this could be a really nice one
Both Carpatian and AL will also go into corn but as they are smaller due to being later ill probably have to clear some corn for them

this is all from now
i still have some pictures i need to find time for posting and taken new ones but expect a new update very soon

stay tuned, safe and green out there

C

cellardweller

great updates and a video too!
I'm sweating just thinking about carrying all those out to the field, Gunnar..
:smoweed:

R

randude101

It looks like you are trying to... over grow the planet. I can't wait to try out the hash

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tnx guys :)

HK:
i have no doubt that it will improve my harvest but i have to be able to do all myself and currently i kinda stressed it as much as possible so im not sure im going to be able to drag more into the fields
yes my grows tend to also grow in size for each year although i think this is about the limit for a one man operation ( although i plan to purchase some help at harvest time)

i hope to be able to make some fem beans at winter so that should make it more efficient next season

if i manage to find a reliable partner in my area for next year it might grow bigger once again

time will tell ;)

keke.nz

dedication and love, the words to describe all this beauty and hard work. your a machine! cant wait to see your babies at the plots man. i dont know what to say haha im speechless!
I hope you find a suitable partner for next year dude, would be awesome to be able to have the experience.
keep it up all looking awesome.

peace keke

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what i need to decide soon is which strains and crosses to put in which fields

i have 8 primary strains and plan to use 8 fields
i also have some secondary strains that will be put in same field as the primary ones and get pollinated from males from the primary strain.
secondary strains will have males removed

primary strains will be used for pure seeds and also to pollinate the secondary strains for a cross

this is the list:

PRIMARY STRAINS
Auto lothse
carpation
Danish Passion
Early Dane
freja
leb27
Mighty Freeze
royal Dane

SECONDARY STRAINS
Danish Passion x Guerrilla Gold#2 f3 aka Danish Gold
danish passion x oldfarmer nepal
mm x b3n7/erdpurt/royal dane
purple peace
royal dane x erocket/danish passion

so far i have these in mind:

Field 1 Auto lothse
2 carpation X Danish Passion x Guerrilla Gold#2 f3 aka Danish Gold
3 Danish Passion
4 Early Dane X royal dane x erocket/danish passion
5 freja X X danish passion x oldfarmer nepal
6 leb27
7 Mighty Freeze X mm x b3n7/erdpurt/royal dane
8 royal Dane X purple peace

but i havent decided finally yet
any suggestions ?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great gunnar! Yeah hand watering this amount is difficult... I find a 3-4 ft shower wand works best for these situations...

I would get the strains you expect to mature the earliest out first! Can't wait to see the Early Durban patch... I loved that smoke last summer... :)

PrinceOfPersia

I would try number 6 crossed with number 8, that would be interresting.

Good luck on the partner search, its a shitty road in many cases. Even childhood friends could lose themselfs and backstab you when growing these numbers. First handexperiance. Its probally said many times, but be carefull..

Still enjoying the show.

Peace

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tnx for the advice POP
unfortunately that combination cant be made this year as they are both strains ill grow for as primary strains for pure seeds
but its an option in the future

regarding security and snitches
yes i know and tnx anyway
too many local half criminal snitch dudes in my area so i try to keep as low profile ass possible
thats also one of the main reasons i build the greenhouse
i hope the GH and my dogs are enough to keep ppl from snooping around my property and my private affairs
i keep my fingers crossed
if it all pulls in as planned a lot of my worries will be over and there will be a lot of seeds for next season for others to enjoy

time for a little update

both the plants for the corn and small and bigger moms are growing nicely in the greenhouse these days although the weather could be better

lets start with some smaller clone moms

my Amnesia haze ( core cut)

SSSDH ( Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze - Odj cut)

Sour Diesel

Sweet Skunk ( Spice Of Life)

Cheese ( Exodus cut)

Happy Brother ( karma genetics)

Fat Russian ( Crazy X Seeds - White Russian x Chronic)

Endless Sky f2 ( Dr Greenthumb)
these are from seeds and have not shown sex yet
10 seeds, 9 sprouted

My Nigerian Nightmare from Reeferman
she had been kept with the other moms under 24/7 and started flowering right away when moved outside for further grow
she had some dying leaves and a little mold in some small buds due to cold weather and rain so ive moved her inside the greenhouse
i dont wanna risk my first early smoke this year
hard to say how far she is into flower as there where a little re veg also but i would estimate 4 weeks into flower by looking at buds
its pushing pistils but not so many trichomes yet
i took 4 more clones today from her i hope to have better luck than with the first 4
smell is herby with a little spice and mint, but herb smell is most dominant so far.

one of the 2 C99 moms that originates from Farmerjohn
this one im very emotional about
she was almost killed by mice that cut her stem down to 10 cm max and only a little leaf was remaining and i thought she had bought the ticket, now shes really growing vigorously and is now 50-60 cm

DC mom ( or dad) back from Gunnars Lab1
only 2 remaining
mice killed most and i think 1 or 2 died from root rot
had some other seeds from a generous grower of which 3 sprouted so i hope for both sexes for a seed run later

My moms ( and a few dads) back from Gunnars Lab 1
they have grown a lot lately after they where removed from the 250 watt mh in a small closet and are now growing in the greenhouse instead
they have really taken of after being re pottet and brought to the GH

Closets to the camera its Danish Passion and further away its Early Danes
they are the biggest in there now and tallest ones are apr 55 cm and most are 40-45 on average

lots of women ( hopefully)
i found my first male in the corn plants today
it was an Royal Dane x Erocket/danish passion
im going to tag him as im going to collect pollen from him later in the corn and store it in my freezer for later use

Darwin tray
10 auto lotshe in the square pots and the round ones are Carpation
well not 10 AL but found it its 9 to day as some bug had eaten one of them
i have more Carpatians in another tray

one of the tallest Early Danes

Freja from Sagaseeds
new promising early/semi auto strain im testing this year
the breeder told me they normally start flowering after 4th node so they should show some sex soon

well this is it for today

i plan on start transplanting the biggest plants mid next week
that being in order
Early Danes, Danish Passion and Royal Danes
then after that ill be transplanting them out in intervals according to size

stay tuned, safe and green :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts