What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MASSIVE INDOOR COMMERCIAL GROW

Y

yamaha_1fan

I would not sweat the bank. They certainly arent going to break down your door. If they ask, tell them it was a gift, you sold a boat, it was inheritance, etc. LEO certainly cant get a warrant because you paid your mortgage down or off. It happens every day

I hear ya on the plan, I have similiar plans as well but its geared toward acquiring houses on 10+ acres, using the house for a bit, then rehabbing and renting/selling. Eventually I want the money to be used for legit purposes. All good things come to an end one way or another.

I would use the 30K to buy some land/house now instead of paying down the mtg. In 3 months from now you could have 4 different harvests completing, and enough to PAY OFF the house and keep growing. Or pay down the house and wait till you build 30K up again. I know my numbers may be off based on different variables. Point is, use other peoples money (the mortgage company) to make you money. Thats the golden rule in real estae and can apply here as well

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AnotherName said:
Jules is the man.
His word should be gospel.
Thanks for sharing.
Great thread!
Always humbled.....very nice of you to say....just trying to do my part...offer what I can, when I can, where I can...

moegreen said:
I was reading through the thread and found lots of info reguarding financial advice but I have a question that I dont think has been answered. How much money can you spend or pay to try to knock your bills out without having a so called "buisness". I mean can I pay off loans and or drop a substantial amount on my morgage? Would it be wiser to pay a few grand a month extra on my morgage or easier to explain a large 30k lump sum to the bank. Which would draw more attention?

All in this or sister thread.....

Is no single concrete answer applicable to everyone (ie: How much can I......etc")

It's not about what you can do..(because you can do anything you want, at any time...) It's about what it will do to your numbers....overall picture, etc.....

Ideally, you want whatever you have and do, anywhere, anytime, to coincide with your tax returns and income earned and verifiable...

So......start at square one....what could anyone do?

If not self employed and using the deduction, you could, for example, do your tires(new tires, car) with cash, and use what would have gone towards that to pay down principle...(ie: 500 cash for tirs, 500 earmarked from check goes towards prepayment)......Groceries?...use it for prepayment....etc....

The objective is to never have any record of illegitimate funds used on things such as property (record, proof, etc)....

Could you say you never eat? :biglaugh: No, but 50% you could do.......

That's one way, using "extra" cash for everyday household items (could also gas, etc, but, again, not if self employed and taking the deduction, etc.....)

Anything that you would do with primary source of income day to day (not utilities and such...ie: trackable.......) you could channel towards prepayment, and, I would say keep it minimal......(prepayment not a bad idea for anyone....some will state you lose the deduction, but, not overnight and prepayment essentially reduces your interest rate on mortgage to almost nothing anyway...etc....

So...I'd say use cash for day to day things you could get away with...prepay light (2-300 a month), and, build stash of cash or tangible assets in the meantime or use to start or purchase/down payment for a business, etc.....

moegreen said:
I was curious about dropping that kind of money on my morgage because I dont really want to get into owning a bunch of rentals. Not that I'm not open to it but would rather just own my house and after it payed off purchase 10 acres or so. Set up a few smaller outdoor grows and run one out of my basement till I can afford to pay off my land and build a nice house on the land. Dont want to be real greedy but want a piece of the pie too. lol. I remeber signing something when I purchased my house about them being able to check all of my finances because of terrorism or along those lines. Nothing to worry about though?

Nah, you most likely signed dos at close regarding ability of lender, etc, to pull tax returns at later date, or, something to that effect...any laundering or terrorism aspects are simply about laundering.....(it's an excuse they have anyway....)

You can also use extra for, as above and elsewhere home improvements ideally not needing a permit. (hidden value, etc)......

It's all about the trail, records, docs, and, what can be easily seem....

See....most ask all these questions, when the answer is always readily available.......ie" What would YOU see if YOU went over your financials.......It's all actually very simple.......

blackone

Veteran
Also decide with yourself if you're an "all or nothing" type person. A lot of things can go wrong with a grow and you might not want to risk your economical future if you're forced to cut early or lose the crop due to pests, hermies, whatever...

If you can't pay the mortgage and eat unless you can pull the harvest through then you're only 1 step away from being a desperate person. That kind of stress would definitely affect most peoples life quality - Do you feel lucky, punk? :)

When buying second property do the "acid" test: If your harvest fails, are you forced to sell the second property in order to stay in your home? And if you're forced to sell - is it enough? Will you lose so much money on the deal that you'll have trouble keeping your current house?

Quite the 5hr read to get to this page...(*mixes an extra Rum&Coke for Julian*)

Cheers budday! :joint:

After what happened to me the other day...kinda funny that accumulating equipment/supplies over time was mentioned.
Went to a shop to pick up a few bales of sunshinemix...couldn't get none there. Someone had come in and bought all 160+ bales they had in stock the day before...LOL...not tooo surprising I guess as I live in the land of off-grid mega grows. (if you believe the papers ;)

macster

I do one crop every 2 months plus I work,I need the income right now due to some bad moves in the job end however if I lost a crop it would not devastate me and if you ever put yourself in a situation where if you lost a crop you'd loss everything your a fool
Also you'll discover after figuring it out growing the weed is the easy part, the distribution and getting paid and the security concerns due to moving it is the hard part.

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

Julian, you still around?

How hard do you think it would be to buy some property in another name? No financing. maybe an all cash purchase, SUbject2, owner financing, etc. Something where noone would run a credit check. All you need to do is provide ID at closing right? You could buy the property in any name you want if you have the ID. That way if something ever happened, there would be no tie back to you as the owner. Then when the property has finished its grow purpose, and needs to go legit, there could be another sale back to me, in my name or company name.

The reasoning behind this is if I pick up a property for cheap, run a grow out of it for a few months but things go wrong and the place is busted, I dont want any connection back to me. I have some ideas on how to remotely monitor it as well. I would be willing to loose the money invested. Theres alot of places around here sitting on 10-20 acres for 200-300k or even less. That would be plenty of space to run a whole house with no nosey neighbors and put the house on a gennie for an off the grid grow.

What do you think?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
An off the grid grow is a grow that requires no electricity from any public or private company. Using only self-generated electrcity (not running on a treadmill...).
I mean we're not talking outdoor grows right?

Is everyone aware of the IMMENSE investment something like this would really take?

First off, you need a power source. Are you going to run a 12,000 watt 40 - 60 amp deisel generator 18 hours a day? You wouldn't draw as much when the flower's sun was set, hence not use as much fuel. But still, the cost of the gas would be high.

You would need a large property so as to not have to explain the running generator or field of solar panels. I mean am I way off here? We are talking about PROFITABLE COMMERCIAL GROWS correct?

Also, you need to know how to do this all yourself. Because you can't **** yourself.
We haven't even gotten to the room yet and the lights, CO2, and all the other gear you know.

Don't get me wrong, it takes money to make money. If you got it like that and you can easily afford all the aforementioned items, then by all means do it. Over the long run, IF you set it up nicely, the equipment would pay for itself and you would turn profit.

Then you must think (as other have said) do I have those balls? Is this INVESTMENT going to break me if I LOSE it? Am I ready to go through to the end and am I aware of the consequences and still don't give a ****? Can I keep my mouth shut?

The answer for me would be yes to all, but not an OFF-GRID grow. That to me sounds impossible.
Can someone enlighten me?

Y

yamaha_1fan

30 acres 200k. Owner financing, maybe put down 20k
Generator 50-60 KW 15k
6 steel storage containers 2k each 12k
Lights 30kw 350 each 10,500
misc equipment 10k

Thats between 55-60k investment

30k grow at 1 GPW = 65 pounds thats about 200k

What I would do is buy the property under a different name. That way if all hell broke loose, I would not be on the hook. Would I loose everything yeah, but I would loose it anyway if busted. After 2-3 grows, find a new spot, quit claim the property back to myself and now legally own the property with no legal risk.

is it huge? absofukinlutly. big risk big reward. It is something to build up to. Start small save your profits and reinvest, just like in any other business. Only thing is here profits are huge, and customers are everywhere.

Yes I have the resources to dump it to 1 person in one deal

G

yamaha_1fan said:
30 acres 200k. Owner financing, maybe put down 20k
Generator 50-60 KW 15k
6 steel storage containers 2k each 12k
Lights 30kw 350 each 10,500
misc equipment 10k

Thats between 55-60k investment

30k grow at 1 GPW = 65 pounds thats about 200k

What I would do is buy the property under a different name. That way if all hell broke loose, I would not be on the hook. Would I loose everything yeah, but I would loose it anyway if busted. After 2-3 grows, find a new spot, quit claim the property back to myself and now legally own the property with no legal risk.

is it huge? absofukinlutly. big risk big reward. It is something to build up to. Start small save your profits and reinvest, just like in any other business. Only thing is here profits are huge, and customers are everywhere.

Yes I have the resources to dump it to 1 person in one deal
To simplify it,one does not need 30 acres to do a GEN op. If one is concerned about sound then a sound attenuated generator enclosed in a room insulated with 1" mylar faced sound barrier would be more then adequite."Industrial Soundproofing" would allow one to safely run 100kw in a suburb garage with absolutely no sound leakage,i don't recommend this as smoke and diesel fuel odor can be suspicious. But lets think about "Investment" basics"..you say 30 acres,the right property on 1 acer can be as private as 100....it all depends,save yourself that down payment and put it towards a 100kw gen plus a 20 light upgrade....60 kw john deer 17-18K,100kw 22-23k "depending on options" base tank ect. Now you have the means to upgrade in the future,75-80 lights....2000sqft house is enough to accommodate such a grow,roughly 20sqft per light+20% for floor space.So instead of 30kw now your doing 50 and after the first or second harvest you could invest another 30k and upgrade to 80kw.People seem to think op's like this are impossible "hit and runs" but they can run as long as you want them to,hit and runs are not all bad and infact they can be quite profitable as wharehouse space's are cheap because your not buying property plus no generator so your dollar can go into something bigger,nearly twice the size,100k investment into a wharehouse op=150 lights,house+property=75 light at best,"hit and run" though,fire inspection once a year plus running "tapped" so.....it is what it is..."MONEY" :joint:

Y

yamaha_1fan

I was thinking of more space so there would be plenty of privacy. No nosey neighbors walking by, etc

You say you could stuff a generator in a garage and soundproof but then on the other hand not to as the exhaust would be suspicious. So what to do? Then you start running 30-40KW of lights in a house and you are going to need some serious ventilation. I just think a house ventilating that much air is going to be suspicious.

Not to mention a pre-existing house is going to have meter readers whether the utilities are turned on or not. I dont want meter readers near my grow house

I have not thought the whole thing as I have several ideas. I am currently getting my 9k grow off the ground. As soon as its functioning properly I want to look in other avenues

But yes it can be done. Its really not that hard to set up if you have a little cha ching

G

yamaha_1fan said:
I was thinking of more space so there would be plenty of privacy. No nosey neighbors walking by, etc

You say you could stuff a generator in a garage and soundproof but then on the other hand not to as the exhaust would be suspicious. So what to do? Then you start running 30-40KW of lights in a house and you are going to need some serious ventilation. I just think a house ventilating that much air is going to be suspicious.

Not to mention a pre-existing house is going to have meter readers whether the utilities are turned on or not. I dont want meter readers near my grow house

I have not thought the whole thing as I have several ideas. I am currently getting my 9k grow off the ground. As soon as its functioning properly I want to look in other avenues

But yes it can be done. Its really not that hard to set up if you have a little cha ching
As far as running a gen in a garage in the "Burbs" it was just an example of how quiet they run with the proper insulation.Ventilation is not a concern as it's easy to go to home depot and pick up a 10x10 shed and put in against your house in the backyard and install louvered vents inside,a duct silencer for each fan is needed and running at night would be a good idea,if your running 20+ 12inch vents then you will need to build a deck "Porch" any where from 20x20-30x30 2-4ft high....all depends on the yard.Meters are not a problem as a simple 8ft high fence would be easy to install and would not be suspicious.

C#1

Great read, I use to have some problems with credit owed money to collector and never knew about it, Is sending your recipets that you paid it to your credit bureaus the same in canada? Or is it completly different?

New Holland

IMHO I think if you go the Genrator route your asking for trouble. Ya gotta rely on this thing running for 12 weeks straight?. What do you do when it shits itself?. Call a mechanic?. He's gonna start asking himself Q's like "Why would someone want a 30Kw gen when they have power from the grid?"

Not to mention the cost of running it. Have you noticed the price of fuel lately?.

I reckon a small Industrail complex would be the place to grow. Plenty of power available of the grid. No nosie neighbours (of a night). Plenty of room. No landlord inspections.

New Holland said:
IMHO I think if you go the Genrator route your asking for trouble. Ya gotta rely on this thing running for 12 weeks straight?. What do you do when it shits itself?. Call a mechanic?. He's gonna start asking himself Q's like "Why would someone want a 30Kw gen when they have power from the grid?"

Not to mention the cost of running it. Have you noticed the price of fuel lately?.

I reckon a small Industrail complex would be the place to grow. Plenty of power available of the grid. No nosie neighbours (of a night). Plenty of room. No landlord inspections.

The big diesel gens are made to run for yrs non-stop with nothing but filter/oil changes and minor tune ups.
You take the gen to the mechanic...not bring the mechanic to the gen.

Fuel costs? They cut into the profit, sure. But do the math. Lots of profit there.

Commercial space? Scheduled inspections actually. It's a sure thing.

Y

yamaha_1fan

anonymiss12345 said:
Commercial space? Scheduled inspections actually. It's a sure thing.

Yup, fire marshalls yearly, landord wants to refinance property and appraiser is banging on door. Commercial is not w/o its issues. However a huge electric bill would not be looked at twice as every user has different needs.

gottt it said:
wouldnt mind having a warehouse myself that would be nice ..
If you have been busted before don't do it! If not go for it,life is to short to be a pussy.This thread looks interesting but where is full monty?

B

Bigtimer7

Has anyone thought of running a diesel generator and using cooking grease to run it?

Thats free and could save money if you knew someone who owned a restaraunt?

Who knows? just a thought....