What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MASSIVE INDOOR COMMERCIAL GROW

T

THCV

for me the issue becomes finding partners you can trust. REALLY trust. Because more than 10KW and you will need help. I run 2K veg/6K flower and my partner and I have plenty of work when harvest comes around. If we wanted to work all day every day on weed, i think together we could handle 15KW total; beyond that it's time to find new partners, and that's when your risk skyrockets, IMO.

But in terms of massive mersh ops, how about soil? If you are a good soil grower, i would think you could amend your pots and then have lower maintenance over the flower period than hydro, and thus an easier time with more plants and lights, and fewer partners. I am just guessing, cuz i have never done soil indoors, just hydro.

not concerned about the legal perspective? that's crazy. only the paranoid survive. be concerned, the risks are REAL! I would only do trees, but i have never heard of 1 month veg giving you a plant that will produce 1LB under 1K. I veg for 2 months and i get 3.5-5.5 ozs per plant (all elites). But my multiflow has 2 gal buckets; maybe if i had 5 gal buckets? Still, i would think 3-4 months veg would be required to build the plant infrastructure for 1LB per plant. I'd love to hear experience to the contrary...

jojajico

Veteran
THCV said:
for me the issue becomes finding partners you can trust. REALLY trust. Because more than 10KW and you will need help. I run 2K veg/6K flower and my partner and I have plenty of work when harvest comes around. If we wanted to work all day every day on weed, i think together we could handle 15KW total; beyond that it's time to find new partners, and that's when your risk skyrockets, IMO.

But in terms of massive mersh ops, how about soil? If you are a good soil grower, i would think you could amend your pots and then have lower maintenance over the flower period than hydro, and thus an easier time with more plants and lights, and fewer partners. I am just guessing, cuz i have never done soil indoors, just hydro.

not concerned about the legal perspective? that's crazy. only the paranoid survive. be concerned, the risks are REAL! I would only do trees, but i have never heard of 1 month veg giving you a plant that will produce 1LB under 1K. I veg for 2 months and i get 3.5-5.5 ozs per plant (all elites). But my multiflow has 2 gal buckets; maybe if i had 5 gal buckets? Still, i would think 3-4 months veg would be required to build the plant infrastructure for 1LB per plant. I'd love to hear experience to the contrary...
for harvest just get a larger trimmer machine ... well not just get i dont kno ur finacial situation but thats what i was thinking. if ive got a 20 lb crop there is no way im doing that by hand and i dont trust telling anyone to help me, besides a carefully choosen partner or two.

let me rephrase the legal thing. i am parnoid but if ur gunna be going big then ur gunna get busted anyway lol i may be able to compromise on 100 2 lb trees though lol.

the soil thing kinda defeats the purpose. dont get me worng for my head stash i will almost always grow in soil, but the decline in yeild would offset the decline in work. i would end up planting more soil plants to achieve aquivelent yeilds.

i my self have never heard or seen anyone grow a 2lb tree indoors with only a month of veg. not saying i dont believe just would love to see some pics .

T

THCV

jojajico said:
for harvest just get a larger trimmer machine ... well not just get i dont kno ur finacial situation but thats what i was thinking. if ive got a 20 lb crop there is no way im doing that by hand and i dont trust telling anyone to help me, besides a carefully choosen partner or two.

let me rephrase the legal thing. i am parnoid but if ur gunna be going big then ur gunna get busted anyway lol i may be able to compromise on 100 2 lb trees though lol.

the soil thing kinda defeats the purpose. dont get me worng for my head stash i will almost always grow in soil, but the decline in yeild would offset the decline in work. i would end up planting more soil plants to achieve aquivelent yeilds.

trimming machine? oh right, this is mersh-weed. those machines SUCK. if you want to produce AAA+++ herb, hand trim/manicure is the ONLY way. The best herb, run through one of those trimming machines, will not look like it's worth top dollar (even if it is!). From what i can tell. Some things just take time (flowering, manicuring, curing). But i digress--this ain't medical mj, this is commercial, so obviously that doesn't matter. I am such a snob, sorry, gotta shake it for this thread. :chin:

Some folks on here get 1LB+ per light for soil grows. Not bad if it means a lot less maintenance. But you'd have to be a soil ninja. Still, watering every 3 days or whatever soil people do would make things pretty easy, assuming everything else was set up solid (light and HVAC).

Glass greenhouse would be the best! Throw the ladies into the amended ground, supplement light when nec, but use the free sun, air and ground for big roots and big buds; use the greenhouse to control temps and supplement light/CO2/shade. THAT is the true way to make massive amounts of great herb without big bills or catastrophic electrical failures. I guess it's just called Farming, as someone already pointed out. And it sure ain't stealth compared to inside. It's also how commercial herb will be grown once it's legal.

T

THCV

FullMonty said:
edical is not commercial? :biglaugh: Then how do they supply 200,000 a day in Cali??? :biglaugh:

lots of smaller indoor growers down south, lots of bigger/huge outdoor ops up north, and a few old plane hangars filled with what is being discussed here.

but many of the big ops put mids in the dispensaries. of course a truly motivated and skilled team can make a 20KW op produce AAA+++ mmj, and if it is happening anywhere it's in cali. nevertheless, most massive ops that get busted seem to have lesser quality than, say, top-shelf OG Kush. :yummy: That's why it's worth so much, no? Supply and demand--the supply of mids is bigger than AAA+++, likely due to the difficulty of making the best on a massive scale. Of course, i could be wrong.

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
There are cuts out there that will pull 2lb off 1 month veg...they're just few and far in between. But if you're doing something at that level, access to those cuts is greatly increased usually. A guy on this site has an HP that pulled 3lb's in a 5 gallon bucket - dunno how long it was vegged, but hell even if it's another 2 or 3 weeks that's still a shit ton of bud for the time and light it takes - and it only took 1 plant. Imagine all the time saved just setting up, as well as it being easier to look after on a regular basis.

the way ive known people to move it would be a small ring of players, moving 1-2 elbows each week, so you never have to mark it down. 4800 a pound is a decent price for some good quality dry buds. the east coast those prices are good. i dont know about the west coast though. just reward your players and keep them close. preferably your players are your friends. not 100% trustworthy but at least you know them, and there style of living.

G

^^ thats why you have a seperate veg room. Your first cycle you will have to veg for a while but after that you can pop your teenagers in right away.

**keep your grow small ** keep it simple

icdog

THCV said:
I would only do trees, but i have never heard of 1 month veg giving you a plant that will produce 1LB under 1K. I veg for 2 months and i get 3.5-5.5 ozs per plant (all elites). But my multiflow has 2 gal buckets; maybe if i had 5 gal buckets? Still, i would think 3-4 months veg would be required to build the plant infrastructure for 1LB per plant. I'd love to hear experience to the contrary...

Are you sure u meant 2 months ang u get that yield per plant? Is it a low yield kush?
I've seen multiple strains in scrog, veg'd for 12 days yield 3 - 6 oz per plant.
Veg'd with a 400 and flowered with a 600.

I can imagine a one month veg doing very well under a 1k

jojajico

Veteran
FullMonty said:
I guess I was just addressing that for many, the term "commercial" (meaning large volume production) seems to equal inferior product, when, I mean, take a look around where we are.....

We all know that quality of an op is only as good as genetics your running.....

I for one, have never known anyone interested in running extreme volume of inferior product. (Certainly not in anyones best interest financially....)

I've said it before. Most people say "quantity over quality", when in reality, what's going through ones mind is a "quantity OF quality" :smoke:

Actually, considering the market value (from what I understand) of the OG, while yield may certainly not be there, I would think final ($$) is there for equivalent for a similar size of something higher yield but less quality.

Regarding trimming machines: If you want a perfect clip, you simply do first run through machines, and, do a second close run by hand.

Your still saving 60%+ time in the process.

I've always tried to run best things I could (as long as yield was there....if terrible yield, well, then didn't, but, these days, lot of very nice things which have fair yield....)

Edit: I don't know if in certain situations supply and demand does accurately reflect things, as, sometimes, people can hold back, sometimes they ship elsewhere. LOT of ways market can be manipulated, and, seems like a textbook example (of manipulation) when something can go for $90 an eigth :biglaugh: ($720 a z), when we all know can be produced at will by almost anyone within 90 days, anywhere, anytime..

Ya know?:smoke:

People who grow volume do so for money, yet, tend to focus on weight, instead of money.....I mean, there is no difference between 100lbs at $2K, or 50lbs at 4K, or 25lbs at 8K.

Same thing. :smoke:

(although, in my book, if your producing volume long term, and, it goes to a single source, and, your charging them more than 27-37 per, regardless of what it is, your not as wise as you think you are. Very bad business.)

People tend to forget, name of the game is everyones happy. Everyones gotta make their money. Not just you. :smoke:

Generosity, understanding goes a long way in the end. :smoke:

A quick edited word of wisdom and caution for those getting ready or thinking about producing volume. Happens time and time again to people.

Let's say in your area, it's 300 a z....5K lb?

Where does that come from? lbs at, what?...let's say 3200 per.

Okay, let's say your producing, or want to produce 50.

What do you think you can unload 50 for?....cash...to one person? 3200?...

:biglaugh:....2500?...maybe.....

Let's say you "know someone" who says they can move it for 27, all of it....

Well, would not be the first time , if the time came to get it done, and, they couldn't, and, you had to go down to 2400, etc..(just picking scenarios out of the air. Sure clubs are different tyo a degree, pay more, take more, to a point...)

Just trying to point out:
The more you produce, the less it's worth......... (in bulk, for cash, etc....)

Your pumping out 100's, your most likely selling that to someone who does 10-20's, whose most likely selling it to people who do 1-5's, who are most likely breaking it into q's/hp's....who then break down into z's, who some break down all the way to 1/8th's :smoke:

Money people think is there is usually not. (Take Canada....ops pumping out 300lbs every 60 days.....what do you think they're getting for 300?. Cash? $6-700 each?)

Something all should acknowledge is attatched to volume.

More you make, less it's worth......

People don't pay 4-5K lb on 100's or 50's....

You'd be lucky to get 3 per, and, then, probably still hear endless bitching until you lowered it :biglaugh:

Just something people should be aware of who strive to produce more.....
what if u produed alot but sold to a few people not just one or two? just a question dont jump on me if im wrong. i could see how that could be dangerous for someone selling to the street but what about if your selling to a club. a legit business....

jojajico

Veteran
Alpha said:
Damn man good luck but I kinda feel like this is a bust waiting to happen... think it over carefully
dud read the thread we are just talking hypothetical

G

Those (compassion and caregiver clubs) "legit businesses" are droppin like flies theses days as the DEA LOVES to swoop in and shut shit down that the state`s been lettin slide under prop 215......Are you sure that you`d wanna entrust your freedom and lifestyle to places that are under "CONSTANT" scrutiny and video surveillance just to get higher price per unit on volume?...The more people involved increases your odds of breach in security....Slow and steady has always won the race and knowin where ALL your shit ends up has a certain amount of warm fuzzy feelin to it in my book............Quality brings more per unit but big yields of "AAA" grade MJ never pissed anyone off huh?........It`s real hard to control quality on mega-watt mega-plant grow ops.......Anyways...Sandman and others here know how it is in the states as far as plant numbers,security, and bitin off more than you can chew with buncha plants you can`t control once they start growin into each other and keepin the light from penetating the canopy...Several locations and not goin crazy with the electrical and light output will get yas where you wanna be....Start buyin rental houses like I do ...Take 6 months to a year to go in and "Remodel and Renovate" while growin your ass off and fixin it up,SLOWLY.....lol....... then rent it out or sell it,move on to the next one.....Being MOBILE is a good thing if you`re in it for profit and like Full Monty said .......Gettin comfortable with where you grow is not a good thing unless it`s for personal consumption and then you STILL haveta be careful so your home,family,and FREEDOM won`t be taken away from yas..........PEACE.......DHF...... :sasmokin:

G

FM........My problems are as such.......There`s 3 people I trust and it`s Me,Myself,and I......Yeah I`ve got a "sale guy" and no I don`t trust him but I trust his greed to compensate and cover his OWN ass cuz he`s an old fucker like me........I see him 4 times a year with no other affiliation whatsoever and he has not a CLUE that it`s my shit and does`nt care where it comes from or ANYTHING other than he`s always "out" and chompin at the bit for the next time he see`s me so it keeps my price in check ya know?..........Peace.....DHF........ :sasmokin:

T

THCV

icdog said:
Are you sure u meant 2 months ang u get that yield per plant? Is it a low yield kush?

Yeah, Kushes and TW, and i try for a natural sog-effect (lots of top colas per plant, topped a few times). Might be a plant density vs light issue for me; i get 1.25LB/KW, which is decent for my strains although i think it could be better. I have 6 2-mo-vegged ladies under each 1000W, so I try to avg a QP per plant, but i am a little under right now. If I lowered plant density i would have more per plant, but it's better to have a decent amount of redundancy built in...you never know when a given plant might shit the bed for no reason, so higher numbers do protect you from that. Up to 99! :moon: Plus you get more big nugs, cuz i ditch the lower stuff.

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Yield threads like this make me feel like being in the shower room at age 8 with the bball team and having the smallest equipment package. I can grow lovely large plants, but my yields are rarely more than 3-4 zs, and that is when I do my job right, often much less, to my chagrin. Reckon I'll keep working at it. I do see a big boost when I veg with a K, that light finally went on in my old stone head.
H

jimjay

Great thread. Do you guys reccomend doing grows like this in rentals if it is done quick like you said? Or is it best to buy?

jojajico

Veteran
jimjay said:
Great thread. Do you guys reccomend doing grows like this in rentals if it is done quick like you said? Or is it best to buy?
i kno i posted the thread but its just theoretical pls pls pls dont grow 5000 flowering plants in one house lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts