What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Your in soil right? Then I go 6.3 - 6.5.
N for the first watering. Then every other watering, give them flowering nutes.
I've just used FF products and get a real nice tasting product is all.
As long as they get the right amount of flowering nutrients then your all right.
Im feeding mines now too.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
You could easily just top dress with some type of dry time release flower nute, synth or organic. Then all you do is water normally.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
You could easily just top dress with some type of dry time release flower nute, synth or organic. Then all you do is water normally.

Thanks for the thought brother. I grow indoors in coco so I have nutes left from a couple months ago and just added to my stock as I will be starting back indoor in about a month so nothing will go to waste.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Just noticed you said go 3 tsp per gallon of n. I did 3 ml per gal so maybe I do a feeding again in a couple days and do another 5 ml per gal of n? There not necessarily deficient just want to make sure it has every thing it wants. Also watered in floralicious plus at 1ml per gallon and kool bloom at 2ml per gal. I really liked these two products indoor definitely noticed a difference in stronger smell and very flavorful.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So I am wondering if/when I should give a little nutrient help for flowering. I was thinking about mixing 20gallons of water with some gh kool bloom and some gh floraliciouse plus to water today. I guess I am just used to coco indoor where you put the nutrients you want in it. What do some of the more experienced outdoor folks have to say? Thanks for any and all help :tiphat:

View Image

View Image

View Image

those look great!

you need another layer of trellis netting ASAP to hold the buds up when the rain comes next month.

last year at this time I just top dressed mine with guano, kelp, and castings but if you don't have experience with that don't fuck up your gear with chem nutes now, grab a gallon of fish food, neptunes harvest.
maybe a gallon of Budswel too and keep it organic.
those 2 bottles are tried and true outdoor winners and you will have healthier better tasting plants.:tiphat:

you will have a major crop if you get those girls trussed up well, nice work!

organic soil FTW!
picture.php

support from storms saved my girls last fall.
picture.php

master kusher

lol I don't live in Houston, but about half of my plants are blown over, so I guess I could say I was affected by hurricane harvey? lol

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Of course they are.
If you dont support your plants..................their gonners!
Support is the most important, most overlooked newbie mistake.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Of course they are.
If you dont support your plants..................their gonners!
Support is the most important, most overlooked newbie mistake.

So I am heading out in a bit to get more netting and some sort of stakes for second layer of trellis not sure what I am gonna use yet as they have to be pretty tall. Quick question, so I have some yellowing dying leaves mostly on the inside lowers of the girls. I am guessing this is normal but just want to make sure.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
those look great!

you need another layer of trellis netting ASAP to hold the buds up when the rain comes next month.

last year at this time I just top dressed mine with guano, kelp, and castings but if you don't have experience with that don't fuck up your gear with chem nutes now, grab a gallon of fish food, neptunes harvest.
maybe a gallon of Budswel too and keep it organic.
those 2 bottles are tried and true outdoor winners and you will have healthier better tasting plants.:tiphat:

you will have a major crop if you get those girls trussed up well, nice work!

organic soil FTW!
View Image

support from storms saved my girls last fall.
View Image

You make a great point about the chems. So I said f it and just got a gallon of each along with another 100'x4' of netting. Just got a bundle of 16' strapping to start building bigger badder trellis. Will update with photo when all is done. I am a one man show so hopefully this doesn't get to involved. Thanks everyone for the responses and guidance if everything comes to harvest it's because of all of you :thank you:

Also what is the feed rate for the organic stuff? Do I follow the bottle directions or is there a better mix?

Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Update

Update

Got all the staking done now the hard part of netting. Hopefully got a buddy coming tomorrow to help as they are huge and hard to do myself.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for all the help:comfort:

cureious

Looking good yall, best wishes for a full safe healthy crop this year !!!

There sure are a lot more helicopters flying around this year. I hope the Feds are not going to try to flex their muscle in MA, because we voted for Cannabis to be legal, thereby rescinding federal authority over the matter.

crannog

Looking good yall, best wishes for a full safe healthy crop this year !!!

There sure are a lot more helicopters flying around this year. I hope the Feds are not going to try to flex their muscle in MA, because we voted for Cannabis to be legal, thereby rescinding federal authority over the matter.
i'd noticed that too, i've got a few mli's outside hope they dont get them...

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
There sure are alot more helis in the air.
We had a state pig heli hoovering above our grow for 5 mins then left 2 weeks ago.
Hope theres no knock on the door.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
There sure are alot more helis in the air.
We had a state pig heli hoovering above our grow for 5 mins then left 2 weeks ago.
Hope theres no knock on the door.

Luckily haven't had any copters but I did notice an under cover drive by a couple weeks ago. I was a little suspicious but I have 3 cops that live right around me so it was probably just them or at least that's what i am telling myself :biggrin:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Luckily haven't had any copters but I did notice an under cover drive by a couple weeks ago. I was a little suspicious but I have 3 cops that live right around me so it was probably just them or at least that's what i am telling myself :biggrin:

I haven't heard of any Mass cultivation busts at all.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
No copters here as of yet and they have usually done their dirty deeds by this time of year.

On another note... Comcast truck down the road. I stopped and talked to the guy and he showed me his laptop looking device with a graph on it. He pointed to a large spike on the graph and said he was looking for it's source. I asked if the spike indicated interference of some sort and he said yes and it looked like a loose connection. I said I had just read that grow lights can cause interference and that maybe someone was legally growing some weed while acting like I didnt really know what I was talking about.
His reply. "The more the better, I dont care about that, just want to stop the interference." Lol.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Well that was a pain in the :moon:. So I had to do everything by myself which is usually the best way anyway lol but it's done for the most part. have a few small pieces left to do but no more time for now, got to water in 4 gallons of budswel and fish food today (if you didn't know don't get this shot on your hands it stinks) will be wearing gloves in the future :wallbash: just wondering I checked the ph of the water mix and it was 3.9-4 I know you aren't supposed to worry about watering outside organic but Damn that's got me nervous any feed back appreciated.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
Oh it matters in organic, don't believe that shit that it doesn't..See my thread I used Budswell for the 1st time and never check ph, well I got cal/mag lockout for the 1st time ever. I bought a ph pen, budswell and Gnatrol knocked the ph from 6 to 4..and bam. Raise it up to 6 at a minimum Potassium bicarbonate works as does baking soda.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Well that was a pain in the :moon:. So I had to do everything by myself which is usually the best way anyway lol but it's done for the most part. have a few small pieces left to do but no more time for now, got to water in 4 gallons of budswel and fish food today (if you didn't know don't get this shot on your hands it stinks) will be wearing gloves in the future :wallbash: just wondering I checked the ph of the water mix and it was 3.9-4 I know you aren't supposed to worry about watering outside organic but Damn that's got me nervous any feed back appreciated.
View Image

View Image

View Image

trellis and plants look great. if we get that hurricane i would want more diagonal supports on the part that looks like a swingset to prevent racking.

you are going to have some big buds homie!

you watered in 4 gallons of concentrate on them all at once? I hope not anyway.

or 2-3 tblsp of budswel per gallon brought your ph down to 4 and you gave them 4 gallons of that mix? it won't do a thing to plants that size.

if it moved the ph so much what is your ph to start with?

I hope more people see how much bigger plants get when they are in the ground and plan that way next year.
you are #BeastCoast

Latest posts

Latest posts