What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Revegged bud, Original Amnesia-Dinafem. White Russian, Serious Seeds. Fruity Chronic Juice in a Hempy Bucket, Delicious Seeds. Chocolope, DNA Genetics

A

Alone

@ ALONE
I dont hate anyone in particular,But I do hate Autos .I personnally think your numbers wont be close,ecspecially with femmed autos ,but good luck to you and your free seeds.
Thats a disappointment. If its not close than its not. Ill be sad alittle bit though. The way they describe the beans on the site leads me to believe the "Magnum is the most powerfull auto ever". (thats the claim anyways. I got the beans and the spots so we shall see right?)
This is my first try at autos so if I jumped the gun thinking 4 -6 ounces per plant then please forgive my ignorance.
So you think I should expect about 2 oz per plant? They said one of the strains they sent me gets really big outside in the ground and to put it in smaller pots if space was an issue. Got me all excited.:biggrin:
Thanx for the heads up definetly. Ill expect less, but hope for the most.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Someone talking bout that Stardawg?!?!:)
picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
made some GSC erl yesterday and I was actually able to let it vac purge consistently at 96-100F for nearly 4 hours. Only had a couple grams so I figured it didn't need much more. Now I can save wear and tear on the vac pump motor which I dig, and it doesn't hurt that less work is involved as well. Still need to not be a penny pincher and just spend the loot on the vac oven....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
^ hahaha looking niiice

I'm hoping the vac oven will help prevent stuff from waxing up over time. Like this ghost og. Spreads like a cancer!!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
llyod have you left that ghost og in a jar or covered pyrex by any chance? Only reason I ask it because the PK i made a few weeks back before u made that ghost, and it hasn't waxed up on me at all. The only thing I can think of is because I got it jarred up. Chem D I made not too long ago is also following this same consistency. Any chance you think it just sitting out in the open or not jarred up has anything to do with the waxing?

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
No actually been keeping the parchment in a jar. The ghost was like thick sap when I first made it, maybe needed a couple more purges (I think I did 4 or 5)? The gsc oil I made at the same time is still the same consistancy as it started at. I think some strains are just more prone to wax up and others not, blueberry stayed shatter for ovrr a month I remember. I'm happy with what I've been making but its hard to be 100% consistant with this method.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
weird...I find their is no consistency when making oil, I wish someone has enough info on making it to write a book and explanation to the different types of end products and methods.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
I swear we are getting pretty damn consistent results over here. Glass every time, and honestly, I still have some from over a month ago that's complete shatter still. If I end up with caramel it's usually because something was cooking too hot somewhere along the way.. Either the initial purge as ur blowing the tane, or on the stove. I'm starting to find if I keep the initial purge at very low double boil temps I retain an excellent flavor, and get rock hard shatter that I can fully handle right out of the vac purge. But again, all that can be fucked if I don't vac purge at the correct double boil temp. 1 degree over the threshold and it's cooked to caramel and won't go back to glass... This is also extremely tricky when trying to heat gun before pulls.

Vac oven, I need you.

**that initial outside purge is taking me about 1-2 hours from 10-12 cans of tane & outside temps in 40's (I'm not talking blowing time, I'm talking time letting the tane evap after blow)

Last edited:

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Yeah its glass every time to start with over here, but some don't stay that way, others do. I'm wondering if terps have anything to do with it.... The whole process will be much more accurate with the oven.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I certainly think different strains do different things, pretty much just like bubble hash. Some strains you can get to be full melt while other won't ever be close to full melt, no matter how hard you try. Vac oven BHO sounds super sexy to me, I like the idea of bho being evenly heated on all sides while under vacuum at pinpoint temps.

Great discussion guys ..... Funny how we evolve

Ya smoke some bud .... Start growing ...... Addicted to growing ...... Become a scientist makin erl ...... Too funny how this shit turns ya ...... 10yrs ago you didn't hear much if any about terps ... Or any of this other stuff ...... Shit I remember starting to "grow" back when I was around 12 ...... More leaf than bud lol .....
Shit .... Back then it was just toss seeds into a pile of composted manure .... Water ....... Wait ....... Trimming what's that ;) we just pulled the fans after drying and smoked ..... Ragged buds but we learn w age ...... I guess

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good thing I'm off the erl, can't keep up w/ you Jones' and yer fancy vacuum ovens, holy cow! :yoinks:

Taking down this Deep Chunk x Honey White later @ 67 days.

picture.php

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Lloyd -- did you get the 1410/1430 or 1610?.. From shel-lab. I'm afraid to get the 1410 and find out its too small. I also would like to be able to just plug it into a 120v... Which means the smaller one :-/ ................I'm pulling the trigger on this....... See y'all in Erl-City ;-)

Latest posts

Latest posts