What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

Bi0hazard

Veteran
A Tip for anyone who has a veg room with mothers. This will prevent them from getting triggered into flowering if your power goes out:

A simple and cheap solution is to get a battery operated Light Bulb Lantern. Like one you would get for camping. Hang it or place it plant level in the veg room in case your power goes out and it will be enough to keep your mothers in the vegetative growth cycle. If you don't have the ability to drive to a store given the weather, you can use 1 or 2 battery flashlights pointed in the plants directions (although this requires replacing the batteries much more frequently) The lanterns last for around 60 Hours.

For instance:

$15 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-LED-Camp-Lantern/13848591
or
$60 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Max-LED-Lantern/13848685

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
just some bud shots and what not.
Dx9vKPV.jpg

SnC
sBMDnh0.jpg

ECSD
lxXARMh.jpg

BARCODE
xC0UhE9.jpg

jm420

Veteran
I cant believe you guys are getting that much snow ,Ive been out of the area a while and thats just sick .I'm out in the rockies now and that will be worse weather back home than here .
Rocking it New england style in the mid west,
Grab the milk bread and a couple 30 packs stay safe and warm

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
@ JM420: Holy fuck man what ladies are those the CJ x's? Straight stackin like a mother fucker. Already stocked up its my vaca sat-sat so i got a few 40oz and some CJ F2 beans im gonna start up :tiphat:

jm420

Veteran
CJ
cjxsb
sfv x cd
sd 99
st4
and a couple others wait till the veg room comes out brother:)
POP them f2's
I got about 7 casey crosses plus a bunch of others going in veg .Gonna be sick ,gotta say I miss being home growing in a closet though.

A

Alone

Im worried about loosing power. BIG TIME!
W/ 93 clones and 3 seedlings freshly t/p'ed into grow bags... Im a bit sketched out from NEMO.

picture.php

Wishing everyone in New England the best of luck. Stay Safe.

Last edited:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
The ever exciting life of a grower.....So tuesday afternoon I get a email from the property management telling me that the landlords are switching insurance and that a insurance person would need to come into the house Thursday morning. They wanted to know if someone would be home because if not they would let the guy in! There was no changing the date or delaying this person to come, they said they were coming in with or without anyone home. Legally this is can happen and well they breakdown began and the stressed ensued. Rented a Uhaul and a good buddy came out to give me a hand and end the end things turned out great because I am sitting here still posting. Why I am writing this, well its just a reminder to everyone who is a renter to always be on your toes and realize your freedom is priceless. 8-10 years ago I may have tried to pull off some slick shit, not anymore, I've gotten smarter over the years and know it cliche but better safe than sorry. Since it's been freezing cold and the plants had to sit in a uhaul at night for about 12 hours things weren't happy, I won't even begin on hiding my drying still wet nugs in totes and stashing them in woods. The pics may not show it but life is still very good for me.....

This is what your plants will look like if they freeze, sad thing was these were suppose to start day 1 flowering yesterday.
picture.php

Tear down of the flower room, left the mini split though. Fuck em' that shit couldn't get me in trouble and what was the worse they guy would say, take it down....in the end the dude never said a thing about it.
picture.php

All my clones look like this, should be able to salvage a few but lost pretty much everything.
picture.php

All I have to say is I rather be in this position than trying to be slick and have something happen. I recently scored a few unrooted cuts of Stardawg so I am in good shape, the ez is gonna get started up and I'll be back on track in no time.

Stay safe and warm everyone....

Also I know a lot of people are worried about this power outages...my biggest suggestion to you all is just make sure your root zones stay warm, if they don't get light for a day or two it won't be the end of the world.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry buddy, that sux. :frown:

Glad to know your safe & not sorry tho, knowing you'll be back in effect in no time! Hope those harvested buds stay prime.

Hope that's the last photo I see like that in a while, hope y'all the best w/ yer power.
Ready to ride 'er out. :skiiing:

coastal

Minor setback brother. Immediately back and growing even better genetics than before in a bigger space. They can't keep a good grower down.

Good luck with the storm everyone!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Thanks guys, I've said it once and I'll say it again all part of the gig, thought it be a good idea to share my experience with others to show them what the smart move was. Also the people I rent from have never bothered me one time, so I figure if this keeps them out of my hair for another year I am all set. I know one thing and this goes for most growers, we're survivors and we always keep fighting, that's how we got here in the first place, right?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Otto: That is a bummer-but better safe than sorryyyyy
Got my extension cords all hooked up, im gonna steal some electric from my folks when the electric goes out :woohoo: :woohoo: :peacock:

The Baphomet

Veteran
Sucks loosing your plants Otto ,but you made the right choice by playing it safe . You are going to love that Stardawg ..

I ready for the storm got two generators hooked up if I loose power Ill be able to run a few space heaters and keep some lights on in the garden ..

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Sweet, yeah I got a 8kw propane power generator that came hooked up to the house already with its own sub-panel. I'll be able to hook the mini split and lights up to it and keep what I have going just in case I do lose power.

Also whats up with the stardawg, not background info but how she grows? Is she bushy like the chem d? Also I heard it one of the better yielding chem line cuts, is this true? After running that D I'd be really excited to have that confirmed.

Best of luck to everyone, Flip off Nemo for me.

The Baphomet

Veteran
Otto the stardawg puts out like mad the lowers are like tops ,this plant was made for trellising , she has an awesome NagChampa smell and taste .She is also very easy to grow..

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Excellent, I really love using trellis nets too, they really increase the weight with even lower yield strains. ..Can't wait to give it a try, if she better than the D like people say I'll probably be running her for a minute. Thanks Baph.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Minor setback brother. Immediately back and growing even better genetics than before in a bigger space. They can't keep a good grower down.

My thoughts exactly. Come back out swinging, Otto.

Hope you don't forget where in the woods you stuck those bins of buds!

Everybody keep warm and smoke up, we got all night and nowhere to go.

Latest posts

Latest posts