What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Yuno, Pure Kush is probably a vague term for a bunch of kushes so I don't know if your seeds are the same as the cut I'm running...I am pretty sure it's a clone only strain but I could be wrong and somebody may be able to correct me. Pretty much all I am saying is I can't tell ya your seed are gonna be similar to the PK cut I am growing out, but if you post pics here as they grow will be able to tell :). Also where did you score your PK beans from a seed co. or private breeder? If your PK is similar all I can say is expect some serious stretchy plants that will need 70 or so days to finish up, a below average yield, and smaller sized nugs, thats about as much I can tell from the harvest so far, smoke reports will be much more fun.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
What does everyone have for strains around these parts? I am running Blueberry Kush, Cheesewreck, BLZ Bud, Chemdog(not sure which cut), White Russian, and Fruity Chronic Juice :dance013:

shmalphy

Veteran
Shmalphy,

What do you mean by storing cuttings properly? I don't know what that process is but I saved mine in a plastic bag from the grocery store. I knotted it closed and put the bag inside an air tight container.

I did think about what would be the best way to store cuttings but didn't know if that was an important part of the process. What I thought about was that if curing bud is so important. Then the cuttings would be best if the went through a curing process also. I dunno if I over thought the situation? Just an idea
Curing is key for dry sift, buuuttt....

For the best bubble, use only leaves with VISIBLE trichs. aka sugar trim. ASAP after trimming, freeze it. Once it is frozen and brittle, then make bubble. Cure the bubble on unbleached parchment paper. Makes a WORLD of difference. Like you said curing is important with buds, same applies, it is the glands that need to decarboxylate.

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Hiyaaaaa guys been out the loop for a whole but now ok
Back good to see all
You guys and gals keeping the EC pumping

Rolldaddy

Thanks shmalphy,

I'm looking forward to making some bubble soon. But since it's fall im busy with work atm I'm thinking about waiting for the snow to use that instead of ice

shmalphy

Veteran
Snow picks up dust and particulate from the atmosphere. Not sure I would want to use it in my bubble hash... I have used it in my bong, and it always has a funky smell. The particle size is perfect but I wouldn't drink the water like I do with homemade RO ice. We call it "waste water" because it gets you wasted. Great with iced tea mix.

I also dry out the trim after making bubble and make a low grade hash for food/tincture/topicals. Then I dry it out again and use it as mulch. I drink the high grade water, and use the low grade water on my plants, they LOVE it. I am like a native american with a buffalo, I get everything I can from the plant.

Rolldaddy

Ok thanks. I guess I won't wait for the snow if you put it that way. The trim I'm going to use is really good so I just want to make the best bubble I can

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Rolldaddy, if you don't feel comfortable with the snow which I don't feel is much of a bigger difference then adding tap water to your ice, I'd at least wait for snow to fall to make it, this way you can let you 5gal bucket sit in a pile of snow up to the brim in the cold ass weather, this will get all the goodies off, the whole point of bubble bags is to get the trim as cold as possible so the good stuff will fall off, best of luck...

BTW what the hell happened to this thread used to be filled with tons of beautiful pictures now we're just giving opinions and talking about the best snow cone makers on the market, lol....I know we got some people here that can get this thread alive again....

Coastal this picture is for you man....Today i found three of these pic kind of suck cause I took it with lights on but can you see that in the center....CP trait like you mentioned...
picture.php

blueberry, she def was stunted cause she is growing strong but seems 10-14 days behind where they normally are....
picture.php

couple chem d
picture.php

going to be grown side by side with the chem sis
picture.php

shmalphy

Veteran
Ok thanks. I guess I won't wait for the snow if you put it that way. The trim I'm going to use is really good so I just want to make the best bubble I can
Starting with fresh frozen sugar trim;

* If you don't have an ice crusher, put the ice in a bag and whack it with a hammer or frying pan or axe handle.

*Mix very gently for 4 minutes, no more. A second run of 15 minutes is recommended

* remove the bag, it will look like almost nothing is there, because it is translucent

*rinse with a (dedicated) spray bottle of ice water, and puddle it in the center

*stretch the bag over a plate, put it in the freezer

*Once it is frozen solid, remove from the screen and put it on unbleached parchment paper, or glass.

* Store anything you can't smoke within a few days in the freezer in an airtight container

* Best when "dabbed" on ti

* Dry leftover material immediately with a fan, or pilot light, and save for food/tinctures/oils etc.

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking real nice as usual Otto!

here is some DNA Lemon Skunk at 50days and coming down at 52
picture.php

Karma Genetics Triple OG Kush
picture.php

here some erl I just made with 36g of pre98 and 20g of GSC. great meds for the evening!

used 2cans of spark 7x and was heated to 114 and vac purged half dozen times. yield was 8.6g
picture.php

Yuno.Who

Yuno, Pure Kush is probably a vague term for a bunch of kushes so I don't know if your seeds are the same as the cut I'm running...I am pretty sure it's a clone only strain but I could be wrong and somebody may be able to correct me. Pretty much all I am saying is I can't tell ya your seed are gonna be similar to the PK cut I am growing out, but if you post pics here as they grow will be able to tell :). Also where did you score your PK beans from a seed co. or private breeder? If your PK is similar all I can say is expect some serious stretchy plants that will need 70 or so days to finish up, a below average yield, and smaller sized nugs, thats about as much I can tell from the harvest so far, smoke reports will be much more fun.

I know they won't be the same as your cut, mine are actually a PKxChemD, So it will be completely different im sure, I was wondering how to tell the difference in traits of the PK, So I can find a pheno leaning more to that side hopefully. I picked these up from an older guy I know, He used to be a member here but is no longer, SOG. Real nice guy with some real nice genetics. He made these himself, so I have a hunt on my hands.

Im actually looking for something really stretchy for my vert, but I need something with decent yields. Currently running Rez's 4SD...They have a great stretch and beautiful yields, but I'm looking for a different taste.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Tacoma, nice yield on that erll!!! sounds clean as could be too.

Yuno, honestly these days your probably better off with seeds from someone like that than anything else, plus that pure kush to the chem d sound like it be a killer cross, please be sure to update us on the progress would love to see what you find.

Tyga

Veteran
Givin' vert a go at the moment... 1K in a 4x4 ... 4 ECSD's trained with trellis netting. Should be interesting...

coastal

That oil must smell ridiculous... just from the color I can tell it puts ya right to bed. I love that you're getting that consistency oil with the vac purge too (looks like taffy/shatter from here?) Why you think that is? Low purge temp?

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Some veg shots. Next Sunday I'm making the flip on some cuts of ECSD, SWT#3, StrawberryDiesel, MR. ECD.

Pre98Bubba x NL5/Haze
lLXR4.jpeg

Jqanp.jpeg

Toms Soda Pop (tomhill haze F2 x AceOfSpades "BCSP")
8ncHI.jpeg

w4Bws.jpeg

ECSD LST'ed
sIRvy.jpeg