What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
thank you buddle. im gonna check out the power cloner. need a higher success rate and i figure this will be much easyer to achive

Yuno.Who

That right there is a 27 site cloner, with the cheapo rooting power included you're looking at a grand total of about $10 bucks. No moving parts, no pumps, nothing but success.

Roots shooting out the bottom in anywhere from 5-8 days.

the 45 king

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37695&pictureid=892133&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37695&pictureid=895186&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

That right there is a 27 site cloner, with the cheapo rooting power included you're looking at a grand total of about $10 bucks. No moving parts, no pumps, nothing but success.

Is the soil mix just vermiculite or is it something else?

TB Gardens

Veteran
Thats what I used to use back in the day. Def gets the job done. I've found I have better success with aero tho, moving water seems better than still water. Algae is bound to form though, I know from experience, it's just what happens when still water is exposed to direct light. I had to change the water in the tray so much, and clean the tray each time. I also had trouble getting the clones out of the ice cube slots if their roots got too big. But like I said, it def gets the job done and is excellent for what it is.

And yes, I used vermiculite & perlite mix in those

Yuno.Who

I personally just use vermiculite, but you can use a mix i suppose. I just clean my trays after every use and add ph'd water to it everyday. I use a wooden dowel and penny to pop them out, someone else showed me that.

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Some hammerhead day 31
4Ejjh.jpeg

8uZ3m.jpeg

Sh1EC.jpeg

Ls9mu.jpeg

A

Alone

alone those are some fine damn roots u got there. ive been looking to invest into a EZ-C and this just had me sold. gonna grab one this friday. what size sites they have? i know they have a 120 but anything a little smaller? how big is the rez on that 120 site btw?

They have 30 - 60 - 120 site EZ-Cloners. The 120 rez holds about 19-20 gallons of water. Its so easy to setup and takedown and clean. Ive never had 1 problem with it and is worth every cent spent on one. Way better that DIY versions even though they get the same results. The system thats manufactured by EZ-Clone has thought of everything and designed it to fit around all cords, power/airstone, and there is 0 leaks.

I will never grow without 1 forever. The results of how fast they root and how fast they explode with growth after t/ping into desired medium saves me weeks of time every single grow which adds up to 2 extra crops a year in saved rooting time alone. LOVE IT!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I'll take roots anyway I can take them boys, but if I have a choice a EZ-cloner is the best way IMO...keeps the plants growing while rooting which makes for an easy transition when you transplant, as long as you can keep your temps in check you should get roots every time with at least 75% success rate, at least in my experiences. On top of that they are heavy duty the one I use is 5 years old and I haven't had to replace a thing other than the little red nossel on the manifold and I didn't even bother to do that until a few months ago. I do have to say if you don't clean if properly or just don't like to clean in general than the thing won't work well, you just end up with a bunch of gunk, what I usually do after a run with the ez is run warm water with a cup of bleach for 30-45 mins, then I run just warm water and take those little red nossels off the manifold and let it run an hour, then I run plain cool water for another hour it clean as a whistle. Just make sure you soak the pucks in warm water bleach and rinse them well. Now here is my current run with my cloner at 11 days.....

picture.php

picture.php

NE, killer looking pics BTW!

Tyga

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37695&pictureid=892133&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37695&pictureid=895186&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Ya... But does your buddy use the same rooting hormone as you?... Just curious! I know KB swears by that stuff...

TB Gardens

Veteran
picture.php

shes comin down this week, so somewhere between 9-10 weeks. shes completely cloudy at 63 days, with maybe 5% amber.

picture.php

this is WBK by 40 amps, this shit is the straight dank.

picture.php

this one took me by surprise, she has a really foul geese poop kinda stank going on after the cure. find myself reaching into these jars faaaaar more than i ever thought i would.

TB Gardens

Veteran
TYGA - the keeper pheno, lol.

mint/kush stank like you wouldnt believe. stretches and structurally reminds me of OGs, big stretch, huge internodes. buds are extremely dense, stinky, and so covered in trichs you will think it has mold on it. im not kidding, lol, every time i go in there it looks like its covered in white mold tehehe its just piled up sooooo thick the actual calyx is long gone lol

SKUNK
picture.php

ECSD
picture.php

ERL
picture.php

picture.php

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K!D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K!
D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K!D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K! D.A.N.K!
:tiphat:

that pre98bubba x NL5/haze #9 looks sooo triched out. have u made any bubble with just her alone? That ECSD looks supa dupa piffy. my hats off to u TB you got quite the garden of flowers.:biggrin:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Baph, thanks for the heads up I've been spraying sea green on them once a day this round...I've never thought of adding in great white, does it matter that I only have it in the powder form as oppose to the liquid stuff??? Next round I am gonna def use it, do you start throwing it in once you see bumps or just straight from the beginning of cloning?

TB, that #9 sure does look like a winner man super frosty, also looks like its producing larger nuggets than the bubba ever could, am I wrong I know sometimes nugs look bigger in the pictures than they do in person. I am excited to see that people are finding stuff they like, and to think I just crossed things for fun to preserve genetics now that others are actually growing them is even cooler! I need to go sifting through those seeds and see what I want to pop for the fall...leaning towards the golden goat crosses, #1's, and ecsd cross....

Last edited:

Tyga

Veteran
Baph, thanks for the heads up I've been spraying sea green on them once a day this round...I've never thought of adding in great white, does it matter that I only have it in the powder form as oppose to the liquid stuff??? Next round I am gonna def use it, do you start throwing it in once you see bumps or just straight from the beginning of cloning?

TB, that #9 sure does look like a winner man super frosty, also looks like its producing larger nuggets than the bubba ever could, am I wrong I know sometimes nugs look bigger in the pictures than they do in person. I am excited to see that people are finding stuff they like, and to think I just crossed things for fun to perverse genetics now that others are actually growing them is even cooler! I need to go sifting through those seeds and see what I want to pop for the fall...leaning towards the golden goat crosses, #1's, and ecsd cross....

Wait until you start seeing bumps... Talked to a guy at my local shop and asked because I heard of some people taking cuts, dipping into there rooting hormone of choice and then putting some GW on it and he said it's a waste and won't help unless there are already roots.
Have you tried Roots excel? I guess it's great for EZ-cloners because it has a fungicide in it that keeps from any funky stuff going on.
I'll take great white over Orca anyday! Great white is awesome when transplanting I just sprinkle some on the soil where the rootball is going to sit and the girls always seem to snap back quick! Haven't used it in the cloner as of yet...

Yuno.Who

Ya... But does your buddy use the same rooting hormone as you?... Just curious! I know KB swears by that stuff...

No, he's a name brand guy. He uses clonex and his EZ cloner, and I use my set up and I will have a better success rate and faster roots everytime.

Not saying the way I do it is the best way, just another way to achieve the goal. It's what I found works best for ME.

TB Gardens

Veteran
Ya dude it's cool how stuff happens sometimes, u guys didn't even realize what u were doing at the time but now a year or so later u got growers fiending to give her a run ;-) def doing ur part to help some real patients, it's cool shit my brotha.

Dude I know there has got to be something sooo special in the ecad cross, so far everything I've found has just been too hazy in structure once dried. One was straight up lemon diesel, but she just never filled in enough. I still have a lot of those beans left, I plan on finding a keeper in the future. This fall I'm gunna take another crack at the lvpk crosses, only had makes out of those so far... I have a feeling it'll be easier to find a keeper from that cross than the ecad for some reason, so that's what gunna look at first.

TB, that #9 sure does look like a winner man super frosty, also looks like its producing larger nuggets than the bubba ever could, am I wrong I know sometimes nugs look bigger in the pictures than they do in person. I am excited to see that people are finding stuff they like, and to think I just crossed things for fun to perverse genetics now that others are actually growing them is even cooler! I need to go sifting through those seeds and see what I want to pop for the fall...leaning towards the golden goat crosses, #1's, and ecsd cross....

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
TB, it was nothing more than a pollen chucking experiment gone well...anyone who is willing to take a little extra time and space and is willing to get no buds and all seeds can do it. I mean I believe coastal just hit up a few of his bottoms branches on some bubba's he had flowering he ended up with a good amount of seeds and then plenty of buds for us to test out. The weird thing was this, when we sampled the buds they ranged from grapey and purple to bright green and lemony, but nothing minty like you speak of which is great! That means there is plenty of diversity in the seeds....The rest was just searching through a couple males in my bathroom then throwing them in a tent in my garage with a slew of cuts I didn't want to carry around anymore but would be able to reach for them in case I decided I wanted it back, no buds were left from that tent cause I got nothing but seeds:biggrin:.

Last edited: