What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one, Scrappy! :good:

As nice as all the gear Chaco, TC, Melty, et all put up, seeing a Haze X coming in OD in NE sure makes me sit up & take notice. :D

Here's my All Hallows Eve shot for all you marijuana miscreants. :)

picture.php

Hoping not too many of you out there are w/o juice. :frown:

...and put me down for the hand-stir w/ snow. The finest of water-hashes. ;)

Last edited:
S

Scrappy-doo

Wow so hand mixing wins hands down huh? Anyone care to elaborate as to why it is better that way? What a pain in the arse that was to do. I'm sticking with my machine but damn I want to know why mine will be second rate comparatively.

C

chefro420

Fuck the hand stir! I get a nasty full melt with my machine ! Just a **** hair less potent then bho!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Add me to the chorus on hand mixing. And snow. Made some killer bubble using snow last winter. Should have plenty of opportunities this winter for more.

Less agitation, Scrappy. You don't end up with as much 'contaminant' in the end result so less yield, higher quality. Second run ya can really beat up to get more of a return.

G

Guest3498

Props man, I've never been able to do that with a beater, sweet work! What strain? The snow hash is the best I've been able to make, in the winter it was solid/crumbly but once it got hot out the stuff got all sticky and melty at room temperature kinda like that picture.

Now we just gotta figure out how to make skunkmans drysift!

C

chefro420

Props man, I've never been able to do that with a beater, sweet work! What strain? The snow hash is the best I've been able to make, in the winter it was solid/crumbly but once it got hot out the stuff got all sticky and melty at room temperature kinda like that picture.

Now we just gotta figure out how to make skunkmans drysift!

Og chem :dance013: I tried snow , still prefer it on the rocks though . Even with the machine , bubble is too much work for me . ALl the bags , water all over , cleaning the bags . Pain in my ass .... Really like the tumbler though , have gotten full melt outta that baby many times! Still Sam is the man ! Not his quality yet .....

G

guest121295

Veg is at 100% capacity, there's some fine specimens from a veg perspective, this big wide HAOG cross is unusual as well as female...I have another, quite similar, that I transplanted into 2.5gal from 1, I could tell these things are gonna be wierd for sure, in the best way of course..
picture.php

G

guest121295

Dr Poisons Strawberry Durban, one of 2 selected females and after nearly missing the last Nevilles cut, I have cuts of all the females in this lot except for a very large chunk unseen of Strawberry Hill X Sams Thunk thing, either way I have 15 fat healthy ones.With the hazes just aging and most of my Larrys drying, all I have to do is make sure my veg room is tight...
picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
almost got something flowering took long enough and with a few days delayed from the snow things are close to starting. Seems like after every summer I try a new way to grow my mind just runs away with an idea. So i was gonna do vert again than ran into a couple raptor hoods so I decided to give them a shot and instead of taking a bunch of cuts and running numbers I decided to try less numbers but much bigger plants, makes cloning a a bunch easier thats for sure. Almost got the new flower room set up just need to put up the panda film and run a few more wires for plug placement and should be at 100%.

So I got a chem sis in front a MSS on the left and a original D on the right all in 10 gal smart pots of straight coco:), I figure a week under the hps in veg then flip....

Also have this nl5/haze #1 that I've been patience with and she has really turned around she needs another 1-2 weeks and is still in a 5x5 tent under 400w MH. This girl will eventually work her way into the other room....

TB Gardens

Veteran
Hey brothers,

Thought I should give an update as to what's going on at the farm! I'm sure a few of u are curious as to what's happened with ur genetics.. So here it is, let it begin!

I'll be mixing the soil this weekend, that way its full of microbial life by the time the little ones are ready for a transplant. Everything is from seed this run, some excellent genetics, looking for my keepers!

So far the plan is as follows: build out my space (1 veg & 3 flower rooms) this weekend. Pop (7)Honey White, (7)P98 bubba x NL5/haze, (5)Apollo11 x F13, (5)Skunk1, (3)Skywalker OG. Run these in my baby box for no more than 14 days. Transplant & take cuttings asap. As soon as I get roots they're going into flower in my SoG room, right into 12/12. So this takes me about 5-6 wks from this weekend until I find out the sex of the mommas still in veg.

Once I know the sex I will isolate my males that are still vegging, & cull the male clones in SoG. I intend on breeding in my 3rd flower room, but not until room 1 & 2 are operating .. So don't worry, I'm not culling the fathers, just isolating in my male tent for later use.*

At this point I take the remainder of the "SoG" cuts that I didn't move into room1 & start to cycle them into the 2nd room which is reserved for the larger ladies ;-). By the end of the first SoG run I will have a good idea on which phenos to keep, but I'm not going to make the final call, or cull if you will *, until I see how the large lady clones grow out.

Going to be a ton going on, and I hope it to be an informative read for many with input from all! I plan on doing a complete diary, meaning the build will be included on this new thread as well. You'll get to see the framing, equipment shopping spree, electrical, plumbing, irrigation, and hvac.. As well as an all seed run of excellent genetics, mother search thru pheno hunting, and 2 diferent methods (SoG, LST). Sweet Geese it sounds like a television promo! New thread will start on Monday when I'm back from the farm!

bendoslendo

IMO washing machines are superior to hand mixing and egg beaters.

Egg beaters are nothing like washing machines, they tear your trim/hash up.

Hand mixing is cool if your jacked and patient, but I've never gotten the yield and consistency I do with the machine. If your using a machine and your not getting full melt, use more ice and/or pre-chill your water down into the 30F's. Use frozen fresh trim/buds. If that doesn't work, reduce the run time. These small Chinese washing machines (i.e. BubbleNow) agitate rather gently, and I see no contaminate in my hash screens.

I get ~5% full melt return, ~2% smokable non-full melt (of estimated dry weight) with the machine and the trim has plenty of active ingredients to make 7 cups (168 cookies) of butter per 300g fresh (est. 75g dry) run using the 6-8hr water boil method (mad stinky!)

Here's a pic of my test run to figure out which screens to use for full melt with the least amount of work. Bubblicious on the left, AK-48 on the right. The AK hash is insane, and quite gone :( Probably for the best. It gives me tons of energy, but wrecks my brain so I make messes haha. :eek:
DSC02436.jpg

Bubblicious hash logs. Big one is full melt. Small one burns a bit but still works quite well.
DSC02440.jpg

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
@TB i look forward to seeing that Skywalker OG grow. Stuff is some super potent shit. my 2nd favorite herb. Gonna make some fire BHO or bubble. But that Pre98 Bubba x NL5/Haze has me for sure wanting to see a log of some sort :) Good strains for sure.

TB Gardens

Veteran
my organic soil mix won't be activated for a few more weeks. So I'm trying to buy some time by starting in jiffy coco plugs & hopefully sitting in the cloner for a week or so to let the roots get nice and big. Has anyone done this? Would I have more success using rock wool in the cloner?

- germ seed
- pop in a jiffy coco plug for few days
- move seedling from jiffy tray to aerocloner while still in coco plug

^possible?

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
TB, I've never tried what your talking about, I've use ez-cloners and rockwool/jiffy and what I have to say is that in the ez-cloner the roots are totally exposed and are getting misted with water constantly just like aeroponics.... In the rockwool/jiffy when cloning its not good, at least in my experiences, too keep them constantly soaking wet you kinda of need it wet enough but not too wet. By putting them in the ez- your gonna keep them soaked unless if you put it on timer and spray say 15 mins for every hour or two, just a guess. If I were you i'd buy a bag of soil, coco, or promix and put the seedlings into mini solo cups and than transplant into your organic mix when ready, it probably will keep the best seedling rates IMO. Best of luck...