What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea TBK thats nasty i wouldnt want to smoke that stuff sorry. Azamax works great. Its systemic for 30days or so. I've used up until last couple weeks of flower with no taste effect.(Soil drench) To kill the eggs I suggest a product like SNS217(kills mites also).

If that doesnt work try some floramite or avid.
You need to go to war like Chefro said. break it down and bomb and bleach it all if you have to.

G

Guest3498

Personally if i had plants that looked that bad, Id shut down for a bit .

That's what I had to do. Take cuts of what I wanted to keep, put them in isolation. Tear everything down and bug bomb/bleach it to hell. Wait a week and bug bomb and bleach again. Starting over with little cuts makes it much easier to fight them since it's a lot easier to find them. In addition to using 2-3 different products on the new cuts I would actually bring each one over to the sink every day, and wash the top and bottom of each leaf off under light running water. Literally wash all the eggs and bugs off... It set me back a lot, but I sure didn't have mites after that.

FS, baph, and HL, nice buds :tiphat:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The problem is, if you have them in your flower room and you continually introduce plants to the room, the cycle is hard to kill...I suggest finishing up what you have in flower, cut your losses with any plants that are newly flowering....

Get the fuck in that flower room and go bonkers cleaning...Turn the lamp off and let it chill for a week on shutdown mode...

Ya gotta take care of Veg with Floramite...Azamax too if you have some on hand...douse the shit outta the undersides of those fanleaves...

I know your question was about finishing flowers, so sorry if I am going overboard....I don't really like fucking with sprays on my nugs, but Tacoma's suggestion of Azamax may be your safest bet...

With the heat of Spring/Summer coming, they'll start reproducing faster bro....take care of those little bastards...We all wanna see some clean shots from you in the coming months...:wave:

EDIT....what VADO said...

C

chefro420

Mp had great advice too. You really wanna get these exterminated before summer. Soon as the temps warm , so does their breeding rate! Good luck! Just about everyone has to battle the fuckers at one time or another . Also think about how you got them? CLones , a dog in the grow room , not changing clothes after working outside , etc.

FistedSister

I would actually bring each one over to the sink every day, and wash the top and bottom of each leaf off under light running water. Literally wash all the eggs and bugs off..

i also bathe my plants at the slop sink, using the sprayer nozzle set at a good firm pressure, TBK can also wash his harvested plants this way.

you aint smelled nothing till you smelled freshly culled and washed diesel. it smells like an open gas can!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
TBK, I would suggest pretty much whatever one here is saying, First off if you keep those plants I would just cut my losses and make some hash with the buds probably a bunch of oil, I don't like spraying anything on flowering plants period, especially at day 40. Go out buy yourself a couple dotor doom bombs, set 1 bomb off for each 4x8 area of a growroom and I'd even let one off right outside the grow room as well. After that bleach down your whole room wall, floors, everything! Once you've done this your almost close to beating them. Take the couple cuts you wanted to save and throw them in your veg room and use another doctor doom bomb. Let them sit for a day or two then attack with amazmax every 3-4 days for 3 weeks. After this they'll appear to be gone, but you won't be done. Like Vado mentioned this is the point where you'll want to use atleast 2 different products on your saved cuts. I suggestion using ed rosenthal's zero tolerance mix with spraying of safer soap, do this for another 2-3 weeks even if they look gone. Then lastly go out and buy a couple of those no-pest strips and hang them in every place you have plants growing. It's a 6-8 week process but it can be done, no cutting corners or using questionable cheaper products otherwise you'll end up in the same position. Also important to mention once you've done this its extremely important and keep your grow rooms inside and out clean and spotless, no old pots and trash lying around cause they hide in that shit. best of luck just know it can be done.....

C

chefro420

Lots of great advice! One other thing is not to let up ! Using 3 + products will reduce the chances of them building up a resistance to the sprays. Even when you think they are gone , prob a few still doing the nasty on a leaf somewhere.....

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Rosemary oil & lavender plant extract are great mite killers, too. I haven't yet had to use either but jaykush, clackamas coot and a couple other reliable heads on here have posted of their successes with both. I've kept both in mind in case I ever have to deal w/those nasty bastards. All natural to boot. ;)

Couple random snaps from the bloomers while I was watering em yesterday. Just starting week 3.

ECSD
picture.php

CDSD #1
picture.php

S99
picture.php

Black Diamond
picture.php

Super Skunk
picture.php

noreaga

ras, thats a stunning ECSD ya got then again everything in this thread we have is stunning! Best thread of IC , our bud shots will have hookers doin handstands at the Ho-Jo hahha

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
various pictures of funk

casey jones, ecsd, triple kush, chem ibl, og chem, purple urkle in no particular order :hotbounce

Attachments

• DSCN6833.jpg
    DSCN6833.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN6836.jpg
    DSCN6836.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN6840.jpg
    DSCN6840.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN6842.jpg
    DSCN6842.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN6851.jpg
    DSCN6851.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN6853.jpg
    DSCN6853.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN6854.jpg
    DSCN6854.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN6855.jpg
    DSCN6855.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 10
That's nasty! You need to pull out the big guns! If your getting webs around 40 days your fucked ! Your mite population is probably massive, and will be very hard to get rid of em all . trhey are prob camped out in every nook and cranny of your room. Get some azarmax, you can use it up to the day of flower and it's systemic . Personally if i had plants that looked that bad, Id shut down for a bit . Get rid of all flowering plants , clean the shit out of everything and drop some bombs . Get some floramite for your mothers and hit them up. Hope those mite crusted buds aren't going to any sick patients!!

I think you should learn to read b4 just insulting me Im embarrased enough having to ask a bunch of people who think Im a mass murder for help.I dont have webs anywhere and at 40 days there are no spots onthe leaf's Im currently down to 10 plants in flower so I can run it empty and bomb the shit otta it.

they are hanging out in the flower room and once the plants hit day 40 I stop treating them cause Id rather smoke mites than poison.by day day 50 I have to put them in the shower once a day and it helps a little.I know about all the poison solutions that get into the plant and I wont go there.Seeing as my situation is as such that I help out 3 other people in this same building with their problems and Im allways getting mites from them I would have to move (which I'm working on) to be rid of them. Its my fault anyway you slice it. I chose to help these cats. And allways was able to keep them at bay until recently
It sucks and Its depressing the shit outta me.Sick people getting my weed,nice jab there pal still stings.like none of you all ever had mites.yea right!Well time to read everyone elses jabs at me and see if I can dig out some helpfull hints between the insults.
I can take it though Im a strong willed guy with thick skin.And I need to concure the mites, So lets see if y'all really are the good guys you say you are so eager to help a brother when he's down.or if your just using a cheap excuse to take cheap shots at me.....either way time to find out.If I sound a bit rude then bear with me I hate asking anyone for anything at all.Its embarrasing to me but Im counting on the good people in this thread to see me through to the otherside and when I come out maybe we will all have a better understanding of each other and you guys will finally accept me as one of your own.but I'll settle for usefull info on how to kill the mites.maybe a blow torch and a good rental insurance policy.:)

Ok sorry chefro this shits getting to me bad I know you were trying to help and Im actually surprised that everyone is being very helpfull I guess I underestimated all you guys, I owe you a positive rep chefro. sorry again it was impulsive, still shaking off the "to sick patients" comment.

every one espically Vado had use full suggestions It was good to read that Im not the only idiot who has to shut down shop to handle this. sorry again for coming off rude.

G

Guest3498

Dude no one is trying to take jabs or cheap shots at you right now, we're all trying to help you, sincerely. I know that if I didn't want to help you I wouldn't have taken the time to type all that advice out. I don't see one insult in chefro's entire post, some criticism maybe, but he's right. You're taking what he said entirely the wrong way. Not everyone's out to belittle you right now.

I'm not perfect myself, I definitely have too much of a stupid ego on here sometimes, but you need to humble yourself and listen to the good advice everyone is giving.

edit: Never mind, didn't see that last post. Good luck man and if you have more questions or need more help let us know. This is my favorite site on the internet and the best times I've had on it have been when our community is strong and everyone is getting along.

Tacoma and ras, great shots guys :joint:

I did that vado you gotta read both my posts.

Im working hard on how I come across cause I dont want to alienate myself
you guys allways had a tight nit group here like a fraternity and I was allways the outsider looking in wishing I could be a member.

I know Ive been a ego maniac on the boards but those of you who have met me know that Im a nice guy and wish no harm to anyone. just wanted to be a member of the gang.

I accept my part I know I pissed alot of you off. I come humbly now as a nother grower, saying sorry and hoping to move forward....

I know im long winded but give them a read you might be surprised

heres some veg plants you can see mild speckles but nothing bad at all the organicide and neem handle the veg room pretty well

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

think I should just scrap these plants? Ive got a pk of flo, sd ibl, greenhouse lemon skunk and big budda blue cheese. So I wont be assed out but I'll loose larry, ecsd, chem sister, and dairy queen (which is really only so so anyway) plus I'd loose the sonic fly x otm that Im testing for Mosca Negra, I dont wanna let him down.

G

Guest3498

I think that those are small enough to save now. If you are serious about getting rid of the mites take fresh cuts of ecsd, larry, chem, etc. and trash the moms. Then bleach, clean, bugbomb, and repeat. I can't overemphasize how much easier this problem is to deal with when your plants are small and the mites only have 5 leaves to hide on instead of 50. It will definitely set you back, but you'll be better off in the end.

Neem and organicide might be holding them back, but those two will never rid you of the mites. Organics are cool, and I've got mucho respect for the guys who grow awesome organic nugs, but organics are only so powerful - you've got a bad mite problem and you need some firepower. Be careful with that organicide too... If I'm not mistaken that's the fish oil stuff, right? It mixes horrible with water, so it can be hard to get a consistent spraying with the stuff. I found that when I used to use it some plants would get too much of it and burn, and others wouldn't be hit enough and the mites were barely affected.

I think at the very least you should spring for some floramite. Who knows, maybe you can get rid of them just with that stuff. As far as I know chaco's the only one here that's used it, maybe he can speak more definitively than me on it.

Im so scared of the strong stuff but your right this is to the point where I need to do something ....I never really kept mother plants just clones of clones etc.so I guess thats in my favor....I know what I gotta do....Im freaking out that If I just chop and scrap now then Ill be hurting for weed for 2 months...
I smoke easily 2 or 3 grams a day and dont really like hash or oil that much....Ive got enough money saved but Im going to have to move soon and thats gonna tap right into that.When it rains it pours fella's & I forgot my umbrella....Thanks again for all the help.Ill keep yas posted with my progress.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll vouch for Floramite too...you use so little of it that you only buy the shit once...same with Eagle, same with Monteray Garden Spray...ALL of these are things I urge gardeners to have on hand...

Lucky I had Eagle on hand when the PM hit....I wasn't that lucky with the Floramite, mites hit me HARD last Summer ( I was M.I.A. at that point so none of y'all saw it )...shit sucks...I had to push re-start...My mother plants were stumped down to barely nothin', tiny little bit of vegetation... Snagged Floramite then treated...and treated and treated...Lost a couple weeks of garden time, but I'm clean as a whistle now...

BK, I think even if your neighbors have mites, you can control your garden....As long as no infested plants are re-introduced, and you spray every once and a while preventatively(sp?)...I see light at the end of the tunnel no doubt...

And the vibes in this thread are FUCKING beyond "mar-vel", as Nore would say....It's real cool...:ying:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
yo regular lurker here :lurk: just wanted to pop in to say FREE WHO, and that this is one of the best threads on the site.

yall kill it.

used to live in western mass. this thread makes me appreciate all the bomb herb i smoked out there.

Latest posts

Latest posts