What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

sunwukong

The main reason I am growing is to get away from that piff. Overpriced, rarely grown right, and "piff" is just a general name for haze in my neck of the woods. I'll grab some, and only get high off the first bowl or two. Granted every now and again, its a great daytime smoke, and I like variety, but I'd never grab weight of it. It sucks too, because this stuff is here 24/7, where Indica dom. strains are becoming harder to find. The piff blew up about 3 years ago, and much to my dismay, ain't going anywhere.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those tents look great TG...you got a lot going on bro! Damn I'm envious...Glad to see ya posting.
MP

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
TG, those plants look great what strains are you running indoors.

Capo, def take lune's advice use atleast 600w in flowering it will make a world of difference.

Lune, you should give the big bud a shot, its the only AN product will pay for works really well.

As far as "Piff" goes, I LOVE IT I don't think they spray it with anything but they may use some chemicals during the growing process for obvious reasons. If its a good batch I swear it stands up to anything I ever smoked.

L

Lune TNS

TG good to see that you're still doing your thing... and very well at that :joint: I've been watering them pretty much every other day, sometimes every day, and sometimes every 3rd day even... I've been pretty much winging it in every regard with this grow. In the past I'd write down every little detail, how much I fed, how the girls looked, yada yada yada... this time I've just been giving them food until they looks like they dont want anymore, and then backing off...

Sunwukong I actually started growing for the same reason way back when... I got sick of paying for haze . I gotta agree with ottoman though, I've smoked quite a few flavors at this point and the good batched of piff stand up there with anything... no kidding...it just gets me stupid high, still a clear buzz though... that being said it does suck seeing people charging the same for the crappy haze that you'll see around from time to time...

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To my knowlegde, I've had no experience w/ Piff....real interesting always hearing about it, I imagine it is just a commercial haze hybrid that carries the typical haze flavor? I want some...done ill...so I can know what the hell everyone is talking about ! ! ! !:joint:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
MP, its def just a commerical strain the weird thing about it is, the buds look different every batch but the taste and smell is ALWAYS exactly the same, best way to describe the smell is a insence musky basement, or if this makes more sense those things they burn and wave around during chruch masses its very unique, and like lune said you get the right batch it'll make your mouth water. I've never smoked home grown haze before so I don't know if this is what a true haze is suppose to be like, but what I just described was what the commerical "haze" is.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
O yeah MP forgot to say, be patient im sure the haze fairy will slip something under your pillow soon, plus ive seen the shit you grow and smoke look like your doing just fine...

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing: This, from the guy that can crack a jar of Mako Haze when ever he wants... :biglaugh:

Don't know much about the Piff Haze, other than I enjoyed, to varying degrees, the few samples I've tried. All the slang for it - "Frankie" (frankincense) & "Church" ring true - incense is the 1st impulse, and that alone is pretty sweet! :D

thatguy, great to have you back posting, you've really stepped up your game! :respect:

RIcaregiver, welcome! :wave: I admire your commitment to the legal issues w/ MJ, good luck in your endeavors.

I'm so bummed, My OD Apollo is covered w/ PM - overnite! :yoinks: Too much rain and humidity. She's been od for a few months, lost her main stem last month in a wind storm ( had it tied down - ripped it right off @ the tie-in. :frown:) and been constantly beset w/ slugs, now this. :wallbash:

Sprayed the crap out of her w/ Serenade, hope for the best, but she was coated.
picture.php

Tomorrow the indoor plants will get a final dunking w/ Greencure. :rolleyes:

qureious

Welcome qureious! :wave:

Tho I've yet to smoke or run her, I'd highly recommend ACE's Panama.

ACE is one of the very few breeders I'd buy from, and there's a few folks here that will attest to them.

That C99xPanama Red is from WallyDuck? Don't know a thing about his 'Red', but worth a shot, esp w/ the Cindy in it.
Best of luck!

Hey Highlighter,
Thanks for the warm welcome and input, I will continue in my search :D

Qure

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
qureious, don't sweat the mailing. Pretty high success rate.

The Purple Panama ACE has up @ SBoo esp. looks great to me!

Keep us posted...

Rudedewd

Good afternoon Tri-state Stonerz. That guy, great to read you Bro, I was just wondering where the hell you've been and if everything was well. great to hear it is, lol. Nice plants Bro!
Howdy Hey to everyone else, we're still getting too much rain in Mass, I don't have any weed plants out but I'm starting to worry about my tomato plant! Last year my tomato plant died before Sept because of all the rain and I'm hoping that this year my plant will do better.
I haven't run any Panama Red since I started back up growing again. I have grown a few crosses containing red that I've made though. The straight panama red that I have is good weed but it takes 14-18 weeks to finish but there are many 8 week strains that are as good or maybe more potent than the red. The red has kinda whispy buds compared to alot of strains as well so it's not really a high yielder. It does have a nice taste though and it's a bit of a lung buster. Sometime I might run it again just to make some new crosses that have more reasonable finishing times.
Enjoy Sunday peoples, I think we're supposed to get some storms here today.....

qureious

High Rudedewd,

Because I am in love with Panama Red, time is of no importance as the smoke, aroma, and effect are the prize in the end. Hell, I would wait 30 weeks for the PR I grew up with, but would definately have a regular strain to keep me smokin till the PR was ready and cured properly. I would love to hear from you where you got the seeds for that Panama Red, I just got get my hands on some, and you can be assured I would keep them cloned for a perpetual Panama Red harvest as my personal treasure!

By the way, I have a few plants outside, 3 of 9 seeds took, 1 seedling will die, 1 will probably eventually die, but 1 is looking good but stunted from all the rain, but it is looking strong with the recent good weather and is developing a thick stalk... still in the seedling stage and looks to be a sativa, so we'll see come October.

Qure

CTGorillaFarmer

yes lots of rain in the tristate area this year... my 45 + outside are doing very well tho... avg. height is about 2 1/2 ft tall right now.. i have one close to home that i take care of very well and she is about 3 1/2 - 4 ft even now. i have her bent slightly to the side to hide better.

thatguy

Damn, Lune, they're enduring random ass waterings like that? That's pretty cool, though it'll obviously need dialing in. I'm sure they'll do fine tho, you definitely know your shit too, man! Thanks for the compliment, BTW.

HL, a big thanks to you, too! Sure hope the PM gets controlled, it's shaping up to be a shitty ass OD season if this keeps up.

Thanks, MP! Sounds like things aren't going so well for you, hope I'm wrong in that assumption!

rudedewd, I've been known to have good timing before :D Thanks for the compliment to you, too!

BTW, I know that tomato plants here in CT have been having serious issues with late blight. You may very well wanna watch out, that may be the culprit! Good luck to ya, it's hit here hard, they're saying most hobby growers will lose their tomato crops to it. ( Don't worry, guys, it seems to mainly affect potatoes and tomatoes- it's the fungus that caused the Irish famine!)

You know, I'd sure love to try me a PR cross someday :D

sunwukong, yet another thanks to you too, man! The swamp grow was a damn good learning experience, let me tell you! I doubt I'll ever stop learning things about growing!!!

All the best,
TG

RIcaregiver

"RIcaregiver, welcome! I admire your commitment to the legal issues w/ MJ, good luck in your endeavors. "

Thanks Highlander !!

I'm waiting for a "pot doc" to immerge !!

Peace,

Bill

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
TG...curious why you think things aren't going well for me? :joint:
All is good bro, all is good....I'm just a Piff virgin, that's all....
Peace

CTGorillaFarmer

i see you all calling the shit *Piff* growing up in CT ive always know Piff* as Cocaine.... strange right? getting niggas in the night sellin their shit on the streets " YO YOU WANT SOME PIFF?"

Latest posts

Latest posts