What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass/RI/Con Growers here! ...Part II

Ph if you can help a noob out in fishing please do! I only catch sunfish and even that can be a chore lol I want to catch things that require me to take pictures as proof! I'm western,ma so if anyone knows of good spots let me know, I don't keep I release

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still a few months off before those 1st schoolies show, but it's just about time for Perchin' in the ponds!
Also a good time to get your gear ready for the season.

picture.php

:D

Ph-patrol

Veteran
You are speaking my langue Hightlighter.I think I got a bit of a chub.:biggrin:
And yes I did go into my garage and yes I did just take this pic.
2 things I'm crazy about.:woohoo:
Surfcasting is Epic.

picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Ph if you can help a noob out in fishing please do! I only catch sunfish and even that can be a chore lol I want to catch things that require me to take pictures as proof! I'm western,ma so if anyone knows of good spots let me know, I don't keep I release

Take a look threw the maps of pond and lakes in your area. Then look for good access and parking.
Fresh water bass fishing is my fish of choice for ponds.
Rubber worms and weedless hooks with small plunger does it all.
Maps
http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dfw/maps-destinations/pond-maps-western-district.html

Ok guys, I havent made it over here yet, but bud shots with fishing lures!?! My type of folks for sure, this means im not the only one with a special tray in my tackle box for hash, right? Dont let you lighters get in a tray with soft plactics though, learned that the hard way.

PH is right on, your fishnig options fir good bass go way up round WM when you go weedless. Texas rig a black 7 inch berkley power worm and huck it in the weeds, youll catch something picture worthy if its there.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The Striper run right up the Conn River and into the Westfield River.
I was fishing an Azuri herring imitation lure in the Westfield River for smallmouth and big brownies, when a 43 lb striper hit my lure.
I had 12 lb test and it was in a faster current. WHAT A FIGHT!!!
Took about 25 - 30 mins to get him to shore. My line was stretched out and toast after that fish. My drag gears were actually hot. LOL!
Ill never ever forget that fish.

Had two more hit my lures after that fish, but my line would break like nothing.
Went and spooled back up with fresh line and bought a few more lures, went back down there, but the fish moved on up river somewhere and I didnt catch another.
Must have been in the right place at just the right time. Never expected an ocean fish in the Westfield River. LOL! That was a shock! Thats how I found out that striper run up here.